Lost Swords

If Soul Calibur is losing popularity with Namco, then you're partly responsible for that.
By actively choosing not to buy SCV (for reasons you've stated and aren't relevant to this specific topic), you've withheld a sale of the game, thus devaluing the series in Namco's eyes.
However small your impact may be, it's still an impact.
So instead of crying about some particular aspects of a game you dislike, support the features you DO like. Think of it like raising a child - Would you be more willing to give the respectful, well behaved child the thing it's asked for, or the mourngy stubborn little toerag the things it's howling for? (I'm not comparing you to a screaming infant by the way, it's must a metaphor).

Exactly.

I don't buy games that do things I don't support. If the franchise I love dies because of that, then so be it. My preference is to see the franchises I love continue, but if I have to choose between seeing the franchises I love die with dignity and get laid to rest or continue on as mutilated mockeries of their former selves, I choose the former. I do this for every franchise I care about. I've done it with Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve, Devil May Cry, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, and so on. Thankfully FFXV is looking very promising, and Resident Evil: Revelations was an enjoyable step in the right direction.

Furthermore, the video game industry is in such a state right now that the only thing with any chance of making the people behind these games listen is money. Game directors, producers, writers, etc don't listen to the concerns and criticisms of dissatisfied consumers unless they're forced to do so because completely ignoring them is too much of a blow to revenue. Complaining but then buying the game anyway is essentially saying "Hey, you may be doing something I hate, but clearly I don't care about my own concerns enough to not give you money anyway, so keep doing it."

If I thought game directors, writers, producers, etc would actually care about things like the importance of Sophitia and Taki to the history of the Soul Calibur franchise without a lack of money from consumers to tell them it's a big deal, maybe I'd be doing things differently. Unfortunately, I haven't seen that work for a good decade now. The only thing that actually works is not giving them money. When sales are low enough, either they start to listen, or they get replaced by someone that will.

Guys can we stop looking into to the past and start looking forward the new game.

I'll try to lay off on saying more of the things I've said for now. I'm mostly defending my stance at this point, which I can leave alone since my continuing to do so is throwing things off the topic they should be on of discussing what this new game is or might be.

I mean, hell, look at PriZm's post. I bet before SC5, he would've bought Soul Calibur games regardless of if Sophitia is in them, considering she was in every game until SC5. Now that she's not in it, he just said that he refuses to buy any game with her in it. On the flip side, I refuse to touch any "Soul" game that doesn't have Sophitia and Taki. So ultimately, all Daishi managed to do was further ruin the franchise by splitting the fanbase.

I'm sure you're trying to accomplish something here, but so far all you managed to do is embarrass yourself.

You come to a site dedicated to the fandom of Soulcalibur, on a thread dedicated to news about a new title and all you do is complain about how you didn't like SCV and how Daishi ruined the franchise. You claim to be able to know what happened during development and how everything bad that happened was the director's fault. How do you know the characters that were removed weren't because of market research, demands from the production team, trying to revive a franchise that was dying, etc.? How do you know it was because Daishi himself didn't like those characters?

And even if it was, why would you come here saying you won't buy the game if Sophitia isn't in it? You're not special. You're a stranger on the internet and nobody cares whether you buy the game or not.

You also somehow claim to know about what happened at Square Enix. Do you know how game companies work? Do you know how decisions are taken when producing a game? Do you think you know better than all these big profitable companies? Possibly, and if you can prove it, I will shut up, but until then, what you need is a little humility. Reading game news on the internet does not make you an expert.

It's perfectly OK to dislike stuff about SCV, but you need to realize that the game wasn't made specifically for you. I could argue that replacing Taki and Sophitia was a good move, because business-wise, most people who are fans of these characters will buy the game anyways, and adding characters like Natsu and Omega will appeal to new players, thus widening the fanbase. See, now I'm an armchair game producer too! But the truth is, I don't know. What I do know is that most people here are excited about the possible reveal, and that someone coming here and saying: "meh, it's gonna be ruined because the director removed my favorite characters" is simply annoying.

Does anybody knows something about this project: Soul calibur " Lost Swords"? Did Namco or Katsuhiro Harada announce something in San Diego Comic-con 2013? Grrr I hate to waiting...... :(

Does anybody knows something about this project: Soul calibur " Lost Swords"? Did Namco or Katsuhiro Harada announce something in San Diego Comic-con 2013? Grrr I hate to waiting...... :(

There's a panel called "Namco Bandai Games Presents the Future of Fighting Games" at Comic-Con today that is mostly about Tekken. Some people think Soul Calibur might be discussed there or its new game introduced there. I think it's fairly likely we'll get some kind of announcement today, but I find it unlikely it'll be during that panel.

Nothing yet. Namco's Comic Con Panel is in an hour. Something may come up later.

Back