Lost Swords

I don't see anything wrong with Vita having SC5: Lost Swords as long as it is also available for consoles; otherwise, consoles if they plan for one platform.

And if it's on Vita, it would be a nice bonus if there's cross-play integration between Vita and PS3/PS4.

Fry.jpg

I hope none of the old characters that already have movelists represented in the game come back. Fuck that noise.

This is assuming it's even a update to SCV, which would be nice, but it's probably just going to be Guilty Gear Overture: Pattycakes Edition or something. :/

the comments there are....facepalmably dumb lol
Nah, the ones I'm seeing there are actually pretty accurate, reasonable and exactly why SC5 sold about the numbers compared to SC4 alongside earning lower scores from most reviewers.

One guy praised for the gameplay. Which seems to be the sole thing people can agree on being good. Another guy said it had no content, which is a reasonable complaint if it has fewer features than past games to offer, and lines up with what a lot of people have said about the team not having enough time to do all they wanted to do.

And then a few pointed out that the game has a shitty story and shouldn't have thrown out important traditional characters just to force in clones. Which are both true. It was a forced, absolutely unnecessary time skip, used to force a culling of the roster that did not need to happen at all. In the culling of that roster, the ones removed make it blatant that Daishi was motivated purely by his personal interests; Siegfried, Mitsurugi and Ivy stay, yet Sophitia and Taki, nowhere to be seen despite their importance to the franchise since the very first game. Meanwhile, the game gets loaded with anime cliche characters as replacements for the ones that got kicked out of the roster.

Hopefully, this game brings back the characters that should have still been around in SC5. If it doesn't, then hopefully it gets canceled or bombs.

Nah, the ones I'm seeing there are actually pretty accurate, reasonable and exactly why SC5 sold about the numbers compared to SC4 alongside earning lower scores from most reviewers.

One guy praised for the gameplay. Which seems to be the sole thing people can agree on being good. Another guy said it had no content, which is a reasonable complaint if it has fewer features than past games to offer, and lines up with what a lot of people have said about the team not having enough time to do all they wanted to do.

And then a few pointed out that the game has a shitty story and shouldn't have thrown out important traditional characters just to force in clones. Which are both true. It was a forced, absolutely unnecessary time skip, used to force a culling of the roster that did not need to happen at all. In the culling of that roster, the ones removed make it blatant that Daishi was motivated purely by his personal interests; Siegfried, Mitsurugi and Ivy stay, yet Sophitia and Taki, nowhere to be seen despite their importance to the franchise since the very first game. Meanwhile, the game gets loaded with anime cliche characters as replacements for the ones that got kicked out of the roster.

Hopefully, this game brings back the characters that should have still been around in SC5. If it doesn't, then hopefully it gets canceled or bombs.

You are doing nothing more than speculating just like those people that are commenting on that link. You have no real reason as to why the time skip happened. You dont know if it was needed or not. You dont know for sure why the characters that got drop were to fit in clones. Nobody knows that for sure cept Namco. So dont start speculating. Just tends to lead to controversy amoung us the masses and generally leads to flame wars. These "blanket" statments you are making are a generalized idea of what YOU think happened. Are you best buddies with Dashi? Do you REALLY know what his personal interests are?

I dont mean to come off as a dickhead. But statements like that tend to lead to trouble. So just do this....Be a soulcalibur FAN. Enjoy what you get for what it is. Is SCV the greatest SC game ever? Not in MY OPINION either. But I still enjoy playing it, cause its my perogotive to do so.

If Sophitia is in this game, I won't be buying it. I hate the bitch.

PS. All you whiny idiots are like those losers who can't stop complaining about being friendzoned. If something doesn't go your way, move on. The game has been out for a year and a half, for fuck's sake. If you don't like it/hate it, move on to something you'd enjoy more. None of what you post here will have the slightest effect on the game Namco creates..

You are doing nothing more than speculating just like those people that are commenting on that link. You have no real reason as to why the time skip happened. You dont know if it was needed or not. You dont know for sure why the characters that got drop were to fit in clones. Nobody knows that for sure cept Namco. So dont start speculating. Just tends to lead to controversy amoung us the masses and generally leads to flame wars. These "blanket" statments you are making are a generalized idea of what YOU think happened. Are you best buddies with Dashi? Do you REALLY know what his personal interests are?

I dont mean to come off as a dickhead. But statements like that tend to lead to trouble. So just do this....Be a soulcalibur FAN. Enjoy what you get for what it is. Is SCV the greatest SC game ever? Not in MY OPINION either. But I still enjoy playing it, cause its my perogotive to do so.
Bayonetta for DLC

Nice to see people's priorities are straight.

Indeed.

It's not really hard to pick up on the intentions of someone behind a game based on what they put out, interviews they've given, etc. There's always a potential risk of misinterpreting something when the person meant something else, but when you have enough given up front, you know the lay of the land. One choice in one spot can be taken as a misunderstanding, but an accumulation of choices that follow the same pattern would be absurd to pretend is being taken the wrong way.

Okay, Sophitia and Taki needed to be replaced? Then why do Siegfried and Mitsurugi get to stick around? Oh, because the story called for them to be still be in the game? Okay then, why does the story need to be set up in that specific way? Why couldn't it have been Siegfried and Mitsurugi removed from the series, with Patroklos replacing Siegfried and Setsuka or some brand new samurai character replacing Mitsurugi?

Daishi deliberately chose to remove Sophitia, Taki and a ton of others. And when he did, he had the option to remove other characters like Siegfried, Mitsurugi, Ivy, Tira, and so on. He didn't. He kept them in, when his premise of starting fresh meant that under his apparent logic, the whole roster could have been wiped clean for a roster of nothing but brand new characters. And I'm not going to pretend it wasn't in his power to bring back any and all of the characters that got tossed out for stupid reasons like "Taki's too old... oh, but Ivy isn't, because magic. And we decided Taki can't have something similar, because magic. Nanomachines Magic!"

If you enjoy SC5, go for it, that's your thing to enjoy if that's what you wish. But I hated what Daishi pulled with it. If I had known what he planned to do with his newfound authority over the franchise, I never would have joined in his efforts to bring it back. Unless Lost Swords sets things right, it would have been better for the franchise to stop at SC4. I fully and genuinely believe that. If Daishi can't be assed to put the roots and history of the franchise above his personal fanfic ideas, then the series should be laid to rest.

People that love the gameplay can either play the old games or ask for a new franchise that uses the same mechanics. And hey! They'd be better off for it. Many people whine about how fans like me that appreciate the past refuse to accept stupid changes, and Daishi's already turned SC5 into a base breaker game. May as well start a new franchise with no existing expectations so you don't have a split fandom and a loss of sales potential because of it.

I mean, hell, look at PriZm's post. I bet before SC5, he would've bought Soul Calibur games regardless of if Sophitia is in them, considering she was in every game until SC5. Now that she's not in it, he just said that he refuses to buy any game with her in it. On the flip side, I refuse to touch any "Soul" game that doesn't have Sophitia and Taki. So ultimately, all Daishi managed to do was further ruin the franchise by splitting the fanbase.

Frankly, I'm being reasonable. I'm not demanding a reversal of the idiotic time skip, or the return of the ENTIRE old roster (even though that should be the case), or the removal of Patroklos, Pyrrha, Natsu or any of the other characters that didn't need to be made. I'm not even calling for my personal favorite, Setsuka, to return. My sole demand is that Sophitia and Taki are brought back as major story and playable characters, because they're major franchise characters and deserve that due respect. And not as some idiotic middle finger "up yours" kind of move like Elysium, where the character looks like Sophitia or Taki but it's really someone completely different. It has to be the actual characters. That's it. If that's too much to ask, then there's no reason for me to support what Daishi's doing.

Back