Lost Swords

Hearing alot of mixed feelings from this. I absolutely love this series (even enjoyed SoulCalibur Legends on the Wii) but i am still on the fence about this one. How does unlocking content work exactly? The more you win fights, the more you gain currency to unlock yeah? Or do you have to actually buy points or something? Also, how bad really is the loading? Game breaking bad you reckon?

When you first start what exactly is available from the outset? Do we have a handful of characters & customization available or is it just Siegfried sitting lonely on the character select screen in just his underpants? Not that lack of early content is a big issue for me as i love unlocking stuff regardless, but just curious.

The fighters that are available & or unlocked later, have their movelists been streamlined down like in Tekken Revolution? I want Astaroth in all his brutal glory. & finally, someone mentioned new customization items as well as items from SCIV. Is there any way of finding a complete list of all the customization items available in the game? Sorry about the 21 questions, i know i could have probably found all these answers in these pages but eighty plus pages is alot of pages to sift through & well i am feeling just abit lazy on the Sunday ;). I have read around a number of other sites but feel i will get more solid info here from SC fans. Cheers guys!

Heyo ~ :)

You first start the game by choosing one starter character ~ Sophitia, Mitsurugi, or Siegfried. Everyone starts in their undies. You basically start with nothing, after you do the tutorial quests. XD
Using the character you choose, you complete 'quests' using AP and by completing them, you get materials like gems, weapons, or random clothing. Each quest completed gives you EXP and Gold.
Gold is used to pay for crafting your weapons with the gems you pick up from quests or upgrading the weapons themselves when you have more than one of the same type of weapon.
EXP is used for your rank and character level to increase your atk strength. Each character has their own level, so you'll have to train them separately.
So far, clothing options are extremely limited and you can only get generic CAS stuff like Yoga Pants. XD

Unlocking characters is done through 'events.' In the quest menu, you press R1 to the events tab and there is a list of time-sensitive events. I think the Sophitia, Mitsurugi, and Siegfried quests are unlimited and you can do them as long as you want until you receive them. The character events that have already ended are the Taki and Ivy quests. The newest one is Nightmare and I think that one has a few days left on it.
To unlock the characters, you have to 'break' them while they're glowing and you have a chance to get their unlock key as a drop. Some people are lucky and get them after a couple tries.
Character events are split into two: normal, and hard is unlocked once you beat it on normal once. Hard mode supposedly gives you a higher chance of getting a character unlock, but I think it's not worth going through it, so just do normal until you unlock the character key.

As far as I know, they're aren't any items lists out yet. ^w^;

Heyo ~ :)

You first start the game by choosing one starter character ~ Sophitia, Mitsurugi, or Siegfried. Everyone starts in their undies. You basically start with nothing, after you do the tutorial quests. XD
Using the character you choose, you complete 'quests' using AP and by completing them, you get materials like gems, weapons, or random clothing. Each quest completed gives you EXP and Gold.
Gold is used to pay for crafting your weapons with the gems you pick up from quests or upgrading the weapons themselves when you have more than one of the same type of weapon.
EXP is used for your rank and character level to increase your atk strength. Each character has their own level, so you'll have to train them separately.
So far, clothing options are extremely limited and you can only get generic CAS stuff like Yoga Pants. XD

Unlocking characters is done through 'events.' In the quest menu, you press R1 to the events tab and there is a list of time-sensitive events. I think the Sophitia, Mitsurugi, and Siegfried quests are unlimited and you can do them as long as you want until you receive them. The character events that have already ended are the Taki and Ivy quests. The newest one is Nightmare and I think that one has a few days left on it.
To unlock the characters, you have to 'break' them while they're glowing and you have a chance to get their unlock key as a drop. Some people are lucky and get them after a couple tries.
Character events are split into two: normal, and hard is unlocked once you beat it on normal once. Hard mode supposedly gives you a higher chance of getting a character unlock, but I think it's not worth going through it, so just do normal until you unlock the character key.

As far as I know, they're aren't any items lists out yet. ^w^;
Thank you very much for your in-depth reply Amy. Much appreciated! :D I won't lie, the whole quest completion & unlocking of different items sounds like my kind of thing as i seriously miss the old days of unlocking content. It gives me more incentive to keep playing just to see what new item becomes available next. I think i might give this a whirl & see how it goes, even if i do only start off with Mitsurugi in Yoga pants ;). Cheers!,

Those statements are gonna rub a lot of people the wrong way, but one thing to keep in mind:

"Actually, the pay-2-win model works much better in the east than many westerners believe. Just because the west doesn't like it, doesn't mean than the east doesn't. That is why so many eastern MMOs have the Pay2Play model, though there are people who don't like it even there, but they accept it more when there is nothing to compete for."

Wow. Fuck that guy.
"In the singleplayer experience, having a pay-to-win structure won't impede the player's experience with the game."
Except for when you get to the point where you need to pay to not die in two hits. It's called pay-to-win for a reason.
According to Hoshino, Namco’s marketing research showed that many Soulcalibur fans were not into competitive play.
Except for when the competitive scene for SCV outlived every non-Capcom fighting game from the same year, and even online remains active two and a half years after release.

This is what happens when developers listen to the illiterate-ass opinions of the masses. Thanks for bitching about the lack of single player guys, are you happy now?
"Actually, the pay-2-win model works much better in the east than many westerners believe.
I'll believe this when the sales figures for SC:LS prove it.

Didn't he have another interview where he said you don't have to pay anything to get the full lost swords experience?

Didn't he have another interview where he said you don't have to pay anything to get the full lost swords experience?
This game feels like it wants you to pay for continue tickets, though. Make one mistake and you can die in a few hits from the elemental system' s damage, especially if you lost health from the first 5 battles. The fact you can't practice with each character doesn't help either.

You can practice, there is a mission in the events tab that costs nothing. Not to mention you can get a continue ticket a day if you have problems with winning against the computer.

We are know what the F2P model is in Lost Swords since the game has been out for months. Now people are flipping out over one interview just because they want something to flip out about.

Play SCV.

Reactions: CFW
I know about the practice mission, but it's useless. It's better to experiment with each character and see their entire moveset than to be stuck with one character and have the dumbed-down AI use a handful of moves. Even if you know all the moves you can still be hit with surprises; imagine if you have no idea what a character is capable of doing.

People still play this game? HAHAHA. I gave up after four days of getting used to the loading and error messages. Good luck everyone but it seems like SC is dead... I am now learning to move on to something more worthwhile. I am tired of bullshit.

Patroklos is back... the list is correct again. Wouldn't it be a better idea to reveal the characters that were cut from SCV? I mean, tbh if anyone wants to use characters like Patroklos then they'll play SCV. I guess they could be updating some costumes (like Hilde) but whatever.

Back