Lost Swords

2IPwnaP.jpg

Okay what the hell
As if Star wars wasn't already out of place. I know it's just CaS but...REALLY? Modern characters set are one thing, but I didn't think we'd see space marines in soulcalibur now...

They are, for example put two Sophitia's headress S ranked together and on my side, the awaken level just won't rise, same for the other characters parts.
Kinda pissed off if all my grinding ends up being a waste of time :\

what's wrong with the characters parts now?
I can no longer merge them to awaken them and rise the awake level.
You have the same problem on your side?

Of course it had to happen on Sophitia's day.
You can't go over +5 on an item. I don't have a problem with them at the moment.

For a complete SCLS newb:

How difficult is it to unlock the other character s? Do you have to wait for the special events, and keep hammering away at one event until you get it randomly ? Thats the gist I get from reading it

it's not very difficult, especially for the veteran player.

once you figure out the holes in the ai, it's quite easy.

For a complete SCLS newb:

How difficult is it to unlock the other character s? Do you have to wait for the special events, and keep hammering away at one event until you get it randomly ? Thats the gist I get from reading it
Characters are only available via events (except for Sophitia, Mitsurugi and Siegfried who are always available). Usually the events require many attempts before you get them, but the 2 most recent ones only require one attempt. I don't know if that's a new system they're keeping, or if it's only because of the 1 million download event thing.

polka dot bikini is sc5 halter-top bikini with polka dot patterns
striped bikini is triangle bikini with stripe patterns.

I prefer halter top on its own with flat colors only, but I feel that with polka dots it doesn't look as good as stripe patterns.

polka dot also has less HP than striped, but it lets you raise your ally meter faster instead of conserving super meter.

BRACE THYSELVES
the full thumbnail set of unlock keys inside version 1.01
well I think this is supposed to be old news, but I only just learned of it moments ago, so if you knew already, pretend to be surprised, OK?

View attachment 40803
no setsuka... and rock, but rock doesn't interest me anyway.
6 characters huh? but in game selection screen only has 5 spaces left, maybe we might get further expansions later.

So looking into this a little bit more, I can verify that the expanded character roster does indeed exist in v1.01 of the game. This makes sense since this was exactly around the time Hoshino & gang did that whole internet PR marketing mumbo jumbo brouhaha over which character to bring in next (Amy? Cassandra? Seong Mina?)

2h3mq79.jpg

And of course they've added a bunch of new equipment which is already in the process of rolling out - example:

15rk10z.jpg

But curious enough, this is where it gets interesting though. They also introduced a backdoor route in the game's file structure adding DLC file folders: meaning - adding future support for DLC - similar enough like they did with SC5. This gives us the possibility for any kind of future expansion.

But....

The latest version in Japan v.103, does not include any of these images of the newer characters. It's just (at the moment) in the US/EU version which currently that has the new roster. I'm assuming JP version just hasn't been expanded upon yet. At least let's hope so. I mean let's hope they just didn't decide to do another 'bout face on us by abandoning the whole thing, give up and not to release anything... right?

Well, it's all just SPECULATION at this point. Just having these images present in the current build of the game means NOTHING. As it could mean ANYTHING at this point. We may not even see any more characters, maybe just their play styles. Or just weapons. (..although I can attest Amy is already in there and has been since the beginning) Or perhaps maybe we WILL get these sorely missed characters (probably at a premium). I guess we'll all just have to muster up a little more patience and just wait & see...

... eh ?

with many empty character slots, I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume that we will be getting all the characters.

gettin worried over nothin I think lol

I've peeked into my crystal ball and I predict Raphael will be the next character announced. (wouldn't bet money on it though)
:D if he's revealed before Amy I think I might kill myself

I have no patience. Amy where are youuuuuu

Also, someone new will probably be revealed tomorrow. If not, then it'll be the longest they've ever waited between characters.

Whoa...so I don't play this game (due to a Pavlovian association with a stomach bug I had the day it came out...), but is this PS's first official confirmation that Viola is Amy?

Back