Matchup Discussion Thread

crow_winters, your stuff works great. I will use it too. However, I think 2B should be the primary move against to Siegfried's 3B without under wall pressure or tip range conditon. Because it is completly safe and beats most option of 3B including 3(B)G. 2B will whiff under Siegfried's stance changing, but it still safe on whiff. Little damage, but effective.

i never mentioned this here, but there's a number of ways to beat Xiba CE. Basically, if you do an attack that has a ton of range (BB, 4B at tip) and it get's GI'd, Xiba's followup attack will whiff. I've also had 1B BE beat it in weird situations on wakeup, i believe because the 1b be hitbox moves past Xiba's attacking hit box. But I have not tested that thoroughly.

If you can anticipate Xiba's CE just do a low like 2K or better sit there, block and launch.

Block and punish is great if your making a read, who dosen't love free 3b's? but the spacing tricks i posted allow you to fish for 4B without fear of "random" CE at mid range without you potentially giving up momentum. You can see that I did both the spacing tricks and block>punish at the UFO event I posted.

edit: so yeah, 1b be is consistent as long as you start the 1b be slightly before xiba is fully up. you either outright hit xiba or you both pass each other, for some reason thier hitboxes tend to just push each other to the side. i can consistently make this happen now versus wakeup xiba ce. loove it.

So I had a patroklos auto-GI my 66A with his A+B, which I thought was only for Vertical attacks. I'll see if the game was saved on the battle log and load it up on youtube, but it blew my mind.

what actually is the consensus on his hard matchups? cervy seems next to impossible. i've also head that greeks are supposed to destroy him but i feel like he has a slight adv against the pyrrhas. anyone else?

Back