Maxi Combo Discussion

@Miguelito
I do it the regular way as always, [2]G~iWS, hard for me to explain as I do it muscle memory style. Yeah too bad LI A is easily punishable. LI K is great though...once they don't duck. I don't think anyone does though...yet. A strong TC move will counter LI hard though if they read that you're not doing LI A though.

Yes the buffer system has changed. I don't like it though, I'm still working on it too see how best to pull it off. I think TinyElvis, you're getting 11B instead of 44B.

My god. You're absolutely right. 11B and 77B both do the same move. I keep hitting either one of those every once in a while, shooting for 44B. My stick input accuracy needs work. :(

At least I know what the problem is now though. Thanks, man.

That combo rocks post GI.

LI K(CH) -> 66B to loop based wakes
This is provided that you have trouble landing A+BG type combos on smaller characters.

WS B+K -> 2KB if you sleep on the BL KK

4A+B, 88(B) - 77 dmg, if they tech left/right they get stunned ;)
note: you have to do 88(B) (p1) aka Maxi's left for it to catch both techs.

What is PSL2? Thanks.

Is there like a thread or something explaining the notations you guys are using overall for Maxi. I haven't played 3D fighters since SC2 and I get so lost at times with what you all talk about besides the glaringly obvious things. Any help appreciated thanks.

Anyone found any CE combos or is it counter productive considering it costs the same as 2 BEs? Nevertheless, my data tells me it's 88 damage on its own, but then some longer combos seem to have less damage than short combos; this is what I've noticed in general with SCV.

What is PSL2? Thanks.

Is there like a thread or something explaining the notations you guys are using overall for Maxi. I haven't played 3D fighters since SC2 and I get so lost at times with what you all talk about besides the glaringly obvious things. Any help appreciated thanks.
Presumably they mean hold 2 to change stance after performing a move that ends in a stance, but I think most of the combos above needs the player to actually hold 4 in order to get to BL from whatever stance they were in...

Presumably they mean hold 2 to change stance after performing a move that ends in a stance, but I think most of the combos above needs the player to actually hold 4 in order to get to BL from whatever stance they were in...

Ok I get that part, just wish there was somewhere to understand all these abbreviations like I understand what you said then immediately after understanding your explanation now I'm wondering what BL is. Like just wish there was a guide, you guys (trust me I know forums) got your own thing goin on and I wouldn't change it for the world, but I honestly am feeling lost at times trying to stay wit you all.

PS: Found another one, no clue what WS is unless it means weapon stance.

last post here I know it doesnt belong, I'll drop an inquiry in Q&A sorry

WS is "while standing", which is general to all characters. Confusingly, WR was always "while running", but some people now take it to mean "while rising" = the same as WS. For example Maxi has:
2A_2A+B (use only 1 move OR the other) > FC (full crouch) > WS (whilst standing/rising) B+K > BL (Behind Lower stance) KK or BL kA+B+K
Please note: this is NOT a combo, just an example to aid Rahavic.

much appreciated Mantis thanks
I'll get it all down eventually lol starting to get a grasp on this stuff, tough getting back into SC after so long.

much appreciated Mantis thanks
I'll get it all down eventually lol starting to get a grasp on this stuff, tough getting back into SC after so long.

Its no worries. I have updated the Maxi forum Directory for maxi specific notations and helpful vids and pages that will help you with notations and other crazy stuff, found here....Hope this helps

To the rest of you guys, I will be organizing combos, vids and traps into thier appropriate permanent homes in the sticky threads. And Being as I dont like the organazation of the Q & A thread, Ima revamp that to. Yall sailors be warned....RRRRRRR. Sorry its pirate day! Dont ask

HRD

Talk Like a Pirate Day is September 19th, HRD.

Some people said earlier that 22_88A Li A was not interruptible? Am I doing something wrong or have we changed that since then? I've been punished by several different characters. I suppose I haven't been paying attention to my range on it for when I'm getting punished, but I generally try not to do that move when I'm an inch away from them (I'd probably use 6A+B), so I'm wondering what the thoughts on that are.

88_22A LI A ON HIT, is not interuptable. At least I havent been interupted. On block, yeah you are gonna eat a fat punish. MATEY!! LOL

HRD

4A+B 44K 73dmg My favorite because I love landing 44K :)

4A+B 66B 79dmg Leaves Maxi in stance for mind games

4A+B 11A 77dmg If your opponent attempts to roll you can tack on a BL K BE for RO or W!

4A+B 11B 90dmg Kinda iffy sometimes people can AC out before the last and most damaging hit of the drum roll but even then 6 hits for 80dmg still isn't bad

4A+B run forward 2KB when they land 75dmg

4A+B 66B+K 80dmg

4A+B 44A 76dmg

The following combos will only W! To Maxi's left.

4A+B 44A W! 3B 96dmg

4A+B 44A W! 2KB 105dmg

4A+B 44A W! 66B 114dmg This combo seems to whiff on some angles.

Uh no, 22A on block LI A is hard to interrupt. What did you get punished with and with what character? Some speedy ones can interrupt but it's pretty uninterruptable vs most. It'll most likely be something high, in that case you would use LI half charge B to clock them in their big heads.

I can't quite remember because it was mostly hitting me a few days ago, and I just remembered it now after reading these first posts. IIRC it was Alpha Pat, so I'm guessing it may have even been one of those crazy fast mids he has. Again, I could be wrong and mis-remembering things so don't just take my word for that. But HRD is right, it wasn't on hit, it was on block. I don't think any character could counter after the 22A on hit.

Back