Maxi Combo Discussion

yeah, its techable from 3B for sure. I saw Hates do this to me the other day. Not sure if you can tech it from the side throw or 22K, but you probably can. Which is kinda sad because that means the only legitimate use for the move is after 33B or WS B+K.

I discovered that too. I'll stop doing it the first time it gets tech properly.
I thought it was just me ok then. Well he has other combos that make that move guaranteed anyway so I guess its no biggie. Guess just do it till they tech right? Losing meter on a guess seems no bueno though since they can punish if you miss...hrm..

And yeah Uber, 22K you can tech that too.

Ninja Edit: Ok after doing more testing there are options. Turns out 6A+B BE, 4K BE, is still guaranteed regardless of right roll or not. So there's still hope! Just really gotta take a guess with the ukemi and go for the gusto lol

ok, so after some really quick and hardly thorough testing, I've found that the BL K BE can only be teched if the opponent is far enough away from you after the 6A+B BE. After doing 3B up close to Pyrra, she was unable to tech the follow-ups. From tip range of 3B, she could tech it consistently.

its true. Mitsu can tech it regardless of distance, as can Maxi and I'm sure others. I guess its character dependent. This only applies to LI K BE after 6A+B BE (3B and 22K). The side throw combo seems to be untechable.

yeah, its techable from 3B for sure. I saw Hates do this to me the other day. Not sure if you can tech it from the side throw or 22K, but you probably can. Which is kinda sad because that means the only legitimate use for the move is after 33B or WS B+K.

I don't think you can ukemi after throws. Not sure though, but i'm around 75% sure.
I like BL K this time around now that we have equal speed BL B, it's 50/50. For some reason, people get up to block the K, instead of ducking and waiting to punish. I'm not sure why....anyway that K gives around +4~6 on block :D
ps I'm not sure if they duck it you'll fly over their head and how hard it is to punish in that scenario

Ok so it was bugging me late last night so I compiled a list of who it works on and who it's a mixup on:

BE 4K Follow up from 3B or 22/44K > 6A+B BE

YES
Xiba
Patroklos
Leixia
Natsu
Ezio
Raphael
Viola
Pyrrah
Ivy
Tira
Elysium
Omega Pyrrah

NO or is more of a MIXUP
Mitsurugi
Zwei
Siegfried
Hilde
Cervantes
Aeon
Nightmare
Maxi
Yoshimitsu
Voldo
Astaroth
Alpha Patroklos
Kilik

I PURPOSELY put "is more of a mixup" because if the enemy doesn't know to always ukemi roll right then they eat it if they roll ANY OTHER way. Or if they panic and ukemi roll wrong OR simply lay there, its always going to work.

Edit: I'm an idiot...I didn't mention this was set to RIGHT UKEMI. Sorry for any confusion, going to check left ukemi now...

Edit 2: Seems the ones that can't roll it right can roll it left. None the less I wouldn't say don't go for the combo if the enemy doesn't know any better and decides to not ukemi. So now it's time for some strong ukemi trapping ^_^

I don't think you can ukemi after throws. Not sure though, but i'm around 75% sure.
I like BL K this time around now that we have equal speed BL B, it's 50/50. For some reason, people get up to block the K, instead of ducking and waiting to punish. I'm not sure why....anyway that K gives around +4~6 on block :D
ps I'm not sure if they duck it you'll fly over their head and how hard it is to punish in that scenario
You can ukemi. For Maxi, they can ukemi A+G throw but not B+G.

Has anyone figured out the 33B Daish said at the begging? When they asked why the CH properties from 33B has been removed, he said that it was because of another big combo is possible. Any ideas on this?​

Has anyone figured out the 33B Daish said at the begging? When they asked why the CH properties from 33B has been removed, he said that it was because of another big combo is possible. Any ideas on this?​
I'm guessing he was talking about 33B BL K BE into a wall splat but I haven't tried any combos off of that yet.

So I discovered this not that long ago.

Left throw to BL K / BL K BE is not fully guaranteed against the following characters : Leixia, Natsu, Pyrrha, Omega, Xiba, Yoshimitsu.

If they try to ukemi backward, they simply stay on the ground and the BL K whiff. Sad :(

BUT

If they do try to ukemi backward, you can ukemi trap them into 6A+B / 6A+B BE. The damage output of this tech trap is funny too.
It still sucks because 100% guaranteed combos are better anyway, but now you know.

You guys want me to do a "complete" combo list?

I've already done ones for Aeon and aPat and I think the Maxi thread could use some consolidation and formatting and damage numbers.

Though I think Maxi's might take a while so if I'm gonna do it I'll probably start tonight.

So I discovered this not that long ago.

Left throw to BL K / BL K BE is not fully guaranteed against the following characters : Leixia, Natsu, Pyrrha, Omega, Xiba, Yoshimitsu.

If they try to ukemi backward, they simply stay on the ground and the BL K whiff. Sad :(

BUT

If they do try to ukemi backward, you can ukemi trap them into 6A+B / 6A+B BE. The damage output of this tech trap is funny too.
It still sucks because 100% guaranteed combos are better anyway, but now you know.

Great, it doesn't work on some of the better, more used characters. Oh well, the tech trap is a nice consolation.

To have a combo list done by the all mighty Rico, would make me a happy guy.

Ha! What did you see my combo-lists from SC4 or something?

Anyway, I've got everything except for CH combos tested so I'll probably have the full list up by late tomorrow night. Holy crap is it long!

And I gotta say, if it weren't for Maxi in this game, I'd probably just be crying right now. My friends tooled me all over the place right after release before I had picked up Maxi again. I was CRAZY frustrated, but once I spent five minutes with Maxi I knew I was back in the right place.

awesome new assuming it wasnt already known.
22/88A, LI A is a combo on NORMAL hit if you arent hugging the opponent.

Back