soakrates

[09] Warrior
Some staple stuff:

44B -> RO B -> RC A, B -- ~80 damage, need to test

44B -> RO B -> RC A, B (BE) -> LI A -- ~100 damage

44B -> RO B -> RC A, B (BE) -> LI A (BE) -- ~110-120 damage

CH 22A -> LI K -> a+bG -> RC A, B

CH 22A -> LI K -> a+bG -> RC A, B (BE) -> LI A

CH 22A -> LI K -> a+bG -> RC A, B (BE) -> LI A (BE)

22K, K -> 6A+B

3B -> 6A+B

Needs confirmation:

22K, K_RO K, K -> 6A+B (BE) -> PSL2 (?) -> BL K (BE)

3B -> 6A+B (BE) -> PSL2 (?) -> BL K (BE)

Some staple stuff:

Needs confirmation:

22K, K_RO K, K -> 6A+B (BE) -> PSL2 (?) -> BL K (BE)

3B -> 6A+B (BE) -> PSL2 (?) -> BL K (BE)

Both confirmed but dependent on range (must be close).

Wall Combos:

44A (W), A+B (W),4B,B~RC,A,B
44A (W), A+B (W),4B,B~RC,A,(BE)B->LI,(BE)A (Meter)
CH6A->RO,A,K (W), A+B (W),4B,B~RC,A,B
CH6A->RO,A,K (W), A+B (W),4B,B~RC,A,(BE)B->LI, (BE) A (Meter)
CH 88_22A->LI,K (fall stun) A+B, (CE) (Meter)
A+B (W), A+B (W),4B,B~RC,A,B
44A (W), A+B (W),4B,B~RC,A,(BE)B->LI,(BE)A (Meter)

General:

CH 88_22A->LI,K,(BE) 6A+B->LI, (BE) A (From In Game Move List "BNB")
CH 88_22A->LI,K, PSL2->BL,K,(BE)K (Big Characters Only)
44B->RO,B~RC,A,(BE)B->LI, PSL2->BL,K(BE)K (Big Characters Only)
CH A+Bg->RC,A,B
CH A+Bg->RC,A,(BE) B->LI,PSL2->BL,K,(BE)K

With the right spacing based on brave edging the 2nd K in BL KK.

22_88KK,(BE) 6A+B->LI,PSL2->BL,K,(BE)K, (W) A+B, (W), 4B,B~RC,A,(BE)B->LI(BE),A

I have about maybe 6-10more for wall combos and more for the general list. I don't remember them off the top of my head but will post them when I get home.

For simplification purposes I've also indicated which combos will use meter for the newer players looking at the thread.

22KK -> 6A+B(BE)>LI>PSL2>BL KK(BE) confirmed for 86 dmg, gives W! from fairly far away (range is character dependent) for a character dependent wall combo ranging anywhere from nothing (vs lei xia) to 3B W! a+bG>RC AB for ~125 (vs asta) and related (BE) extentions (~140 total with 4 BEs lol, prolly not worth it). 1B>RO A after the W! doesn't connect on anyone as far as i can tell. ditto on everything for starting with 3B. EDIT: if you re-W! with the 3B, 236K seems to work also for ~140.

a note on the re-wallsplat 3B in the wall combo: they seem to have to W! from max range of BL KK(BE) or else it won't connect. i guess BL KK(BE) actually lifts them up further the farther they fly? it's weird. probably best to stick with just a+bG>RC AB unless you're certain of the range.

I can't seem to get the 6A+B>LI>PSL2>BL K(BE)K.I always do 6A+B then some crazy sweep instead of the BL kicks,can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
Thanks

RO KA_22_88KA -> RCC 2KB

WS B+K -> 2KB_BL K(BE)

4A+B(CH) -> 66B+K

I struggle to land A+BG on smaller characters after LI K(CH) is annoys me greatly. I have to be really close, and directly in front of them.

@Hot:

You have to be quick with it. I've also noticed axis problems with A+Bg combos.

Hey I notice everyone in the Maxi forums talking about using mostly 6A+B BE. Can yall enlighten me on what's so good about this BE, or what combos it enables? I find myself using most of my meter on RC A,B BE.

it's very similar to RC AB BE in its frames and what it enables on hit\block. it's just nice because it comes from neutral, it's like i16 i think, and it TCs very early. also the non-BE version is safe.

Ok
6A+B BE has increased range!!
Tracks surprisingly ok so punishing whiffs with it leads to combo with LI A (a lot of times as clean hit)
On block, LI K is pretty uninterruptable and is great on block anyway thus making loops viable. I usually settle for LO A or K though
It looks manly
Problem with RC AB BE although it's good, is that you can't use it for passively TC stuff, as well as the predictability behind it being a 2 hit string. It's still great as well though. Use both!
So if u like RC AB BE it's pretty much the same minus the A

Didn't see it mentioned here yet so I thought I'd bring up the fact that if you connect with 22_88 A at tip range, LI A is guaranteed afterwards on normal hit. Can lead to some nice fun in spacing games, since it gives you another good whiff punisher if you are just outside of 44B range.

On another note, have you all been testing the post launch 6A+B BE>PSL2>BL K BE combos on different sized characters in general? Because when we were looking into them, I'm pretty sure we found that mid-sized characters like Hilde/Mitsu can escape them by teching right. It kinda sucked because the combos would have been awesome otherwise, but I guess if you're facing a character that can't escape it they're pretty damn useful. That rule seemed to apply to a lot of things in this game, especially around tech catches, where things would only catch on small and large characters, but not average sized ones, was quite annoying.

Didn't see it mentioned here yet so I thought I'd bring up the fact that if you connect with 22_88 A at tip range, LI A is guaranteed afterwards on normal hit. Can lead to some nice fun in spacing games, since it gives you another good whiff punisher if you are just outside of 44B range.

That's really interesting!!!

I don't like 88A too much, too unsafe to be honest. Maxi needs lacks a horizontal safe mid. I think the best way to get out of LI is going into BL A. BL A moves away really well.

22A into LI A is uninterruptable though. You can make them respect that by smacking them a couple of times with LI A if they try anything after blocking 22A. Once they start blocking afterwards you can start using LI K which gives frames and start to crush their guard meter even more. LOL speaking of which, I was playing against Alex J today and did that same setup: 22A into LI A. I had a feeling he would try to attack after the 22A so I BE'd the LI A and it landed as a Clean Counter Hit and took about 40% of his life. He was so shocked that it took that much life he paused the game and turned to me and was like 'how the fuck did that ONE move take all that life?'. All I could do was laugh.

I did learn the hard way that Xiba can CE through 22A > LI A lol

That's cuz his CE is an autoGI right?

@Miguelito
That safe horizontal mid you speak of is WS A. Gives you MUCH adv on hit, and has the opponent BT. Everyone needs to get their iWS game on pronto and work iWS B+K and iWS A in the game heavily. We've lose the even more evsive old SC 4 WS A, but the current WS B+K is beautiful especially in forced crouch situations and generally small disadvantage areas eg, post 1K on hit. (hs -2) and 2A on block.
I do like 22A though, but you can't hit confirm unfortunately. I gamble LI K from time to time as well. LI A teaches them respect.

You are totally right about the iWS game. What's your method to do it?

As for doing LI A to teach them respect: be careful, it can be punished easily with 3B on block. If they are not close enough, they can just back dash LI A. I prefer 6B4~G to enter LI.

Thanks for posting the combos, Soakrates. I have a general Maxi question though. (because apparently I'm a retarded person)

I've been using the 44B -> RO B -> RC A, B (BE) -> LI A combo, but when I try to do the 44B start up, I often do something completely unrelated, as if I was in the wrong stance. (Maxi will lunge forward and batter the opponent with his nunchucks, etc...)

Now, the problem is, all these "stances" look EXACTLY the same to my untrained eye. What visual ques do I look for to tell what stance I'm in and/or how do I reset his stance to default?

Thanks for posting the combos, Soakrates. I have a general Maxi question though. (because apparently I'm a retarded person)

I've been using the 44B -> RO B -> RC A, B (BE) -> LI A combo, but when I try to do the 44B start up, I often do something completely unrelated, as if I was in the wrong stance. (Maxi will lunge forward and batter the opponent with his nunchucks, etc...)

Now, the problem is, all these "stances" look EXACTLY the same to my untrained eye. What visual ques do I look for to tell what stance I'm in and/or how do I reset his stance to default?

Im guess you were in some other stance that hadnt ended yet. Happen to me a lot last night playing against duragon. Ive come to the conclusion the the buffering system in this game works way different than in previous ones. Im guessing you were buffering to soon. Buffering system works way different in this game. Not sure if its good or not yet.

HRD

Back