Maxi Combo Discussion

Been doing mostly (hope I notate this right) 22K.K, 6A+B BE, BL K BE since for whatever reason people don't block the second hit of the 22K.K don't know why but yeah lol

I'll just leave this right here...^_^
Video insert
ninja edit: re-uploaded it and fixed a few errors!
It's funny, at one point I was thinking about making Viola my secondary. Juggle juggle juggle juggle, 80 damage :(. I'll stick to maxi thank you very much :)

Just updated my combo list a page back with 1.02 damages.

The changes aren't all that bad. Only about 5 fewer damage on most combos, but LI~A enders got dropped by about 10-15. Good news for 44B users though!

LI~K
-->A+Bg > RC~A,B -- {69} NO LONER CONNECTS
-->A+Bg > RC~A,B(BE) > LI~A -- {88 : 106 BE} NO LONGER CONNECT
-->A+Bg > RC~A,B(BE) > PSL2 > BL~K,K(BE) -- {89} NO LONGER CONNECTS

Counter Hit Combos

22_88A
-->LI~K > A+Bg > RC~A,B -- {87} NO LONGER CONNECTS
-->LI~K > A+Bg > RC~A,B(BE) > LI~A -- {102 : 116 BE}NO LONGER CONNECTS
-->LI~K > A+Bg > RC~A,B(BE) > PSL2 > BL~K,K(BE) -- {115}NO LONGER CONNECTS

Rico, I have experienced this myself. For instance, against Asta and after a guard break. Then again, against other characteres it doesn't happen like that.

I wouldn't say a+bG combos don't work anymore. I think it's more like a new bug or something. I have done several times after the patch.

This is Namco fixing something and making something else broken, I guess.

I feel this needs further testing.

The hit detection on RC AB after LI K, A+Bg is seriously messed up. It honestly feels like a gamble when you go for it in combos.

Hmmm, I tried it out on a few different characters at different ranges and never got it to hit once.

Character dependent then? I think at least Ivy and Cervy are no-gos for that combo. Figured Cervy was the standard male character size. Might hit Asta, (or maybe Voldo with his weird box), but I doubt it hits too many others.

Overall, seems like too big of a risk to use those combos anymore.

Yeah, lately I've just been doing A+B to end my LI K strings then rushing in to keep pressure on people.
At least A+B rings out rather well.

Its good in wall combos - speaking of which, I landed this in casuals earlier today vs a NM player:
CH 1B, RO AK, !W, 1B, RO AK, !W, a+bG, RO AB BE, LI A BE.

My penis doubled in size when I landed it, lol.

A+Bg would be great if it wasn't stupid negative on block and more positive on hit. Also if CH A+Bg, RC AB didn't whiff all the time.

Besides the whiffing problems with RC AB from a+bG, I also noticed against Asta that even when you land CH a+bG, RC AB BE, the B BE won't stun, (keeps him standing) and Asta is able to block LI A (which sucks, BTW).

What can I use to wall combo after a BL KK !W?
I keep wanting to do A+B but it doesn't connect. Is there anywhere to do a wall combo off BL KK Wall splat?

That wall combo is weird to land that A+B. You have to be dead nuts in line with the wall or it whiffs. Kinda lame. A+B will land at times but its very unreliable.

You always have your staple 4B LO B RC AB BE LI A BE.

That wall combo is weird to land that A+B. You have to be dead nuts in line with the wall or it whiffs. Kinda lame. A+B will land at times but its very unreliable.

You always have your staple 4B LO B RC AB BE LI A BE.
Cannot follow BL KK !W though.

I've done some testing, seems nothing can follow BL KK !W.
On a side note I started going off on a tangent and noticed something interesting.
3B 6A+B (BE) PSL2 BL K(BE) !W 2KB is guaranteed. Saw this in a video someone posted a while ago. Saitoh I think.
I also noticed RO KK lets you get the same 6A+B (BE) string. Unfortunately you cannot wall juggle off of the BL K(BE) !W portion.
I feel like I used to get more wall combos off pre-patch, but maybe it's just me.

Extra:
6B4 does 122 damage lolz
Get your opponents back to a wall, get to their right side, and then do 6B4. Enjoy!

Erm... is it just me?
Because LI K A+Bg RC AB still works for me...

I've been playing against mainly Tira, Sieg, Voldo, Raph, Xiba, Ivy

From what I know properties didn't change, it'll still whiff if it is a side/back hit for LI K, then A+Bg RC A will whiff

Back