Maxi Frame Data Research

So if there's a hypothetical move into RC that's -5 on block, and another hypothetical move leading to LI that's -5 on block, then the aGI would have the same frames out of both of those?

Thats what I would assume as well.

However I dont see why the start up frames for aGI changes at all. The actual aGI itself has the same properties no matter what stance it comes from (Im guessing here). Is that correct? or do the properties of the aGI change depending on what stance they come out of? I wouldnt see why it would!!

HRD

@Tghost
Yes

@Dave
Yes, aGI properties don't change. The only thing that matters is how many bs frames you're at. I believe there are VERY few exceptions where the aGI doesn't startup when it's supposed to but generally speaking, it's consistent.

So our faithfull buddy Heaton has done all he can to get the wiki in order as best as possible. But being a super mod....everyone wants a piece of you. So we are gonna take over getting the wiki completed.

I need a volunteer *coughJOHNNYcough* to help me test frames. I have no ability to do that. I will test damage on hit/CH and input accordingly. But frame testing is not my thing!!

Those faithfull maxi players need to step up and shoot me a PM. You can make notes of what you found. Report to me with th findings and Ill put em up in the wiki.

thanks for the help in advanced. and BIG thanks to Heaton for putting in what he has already.

HRD

And How about the frame data for 66A on hit ? Now it makes the opponent turn back and disable a lot of option of opponent but how many advantage frame Maxi has after that ?

And How about the frame data for 66A on hit ? Now it makes the opponent turn back and disable a lot of option of opponent but how many advantage frame Maxi has after that ?

+11

WS A gives a similar kinda thing but with +6

@dave
damn you :)

Reactions: HRD
I really wish 66A didn't push back so far... I tried it out in training and I never realized how far it actually pushed people.

Doesn't matter that much. I think they did that so you can't mix throw with mid. Anyway a 4B is a must block there as well as 66B iirc

just get the futurepress guide, its pretty freakin awesome. All your frame questions will be answered.

Hi guys I am new to the whole SC frame data, come from Tekken were anything under -10 is safe. Was wondering what is classified as safe? So i can be 100% sure I am all good to spam it lol.

Anything bs -11 is considered safe. (Natsu's AA will punish thing bs-10 iirc)

Generally speaking bs-13 and under is safe-ish. BBs won't punish, only AAs and a couple other stuff like AlphaPat's CE

OK, worked on the wiki for like 3 hours today. Updated the wiki (with special notes) while using the guide that came out PRE-PATCH!! Damage scaling from the patch nerfs are in process and will be updated by the end of the week.

I was only able to input damage, and hits on imp and blk and added as many notes as I could. Other aspects (such as JG etc) will be a ling tedious work in progress.

Lemme know of any errors and I will adjust accordingly. If yall dont tell me the errors, I CANNOT fix em. I also have NO means of testing frames.

I have some ideas. I was skeptical of the wiki when it said that maxi's 11A is -9 on block. So, in training mode, I set the computer to normal then attack. I was able to block a 3B from Yoshi (17 frames according to the wiki), but I couldn't block a BB from aPat (16 frames) . I did this for both hit and counter hit. I'm guessing that 11A should be listed as -17 on block, and -16 on hit and CH.

Another experiment...
After AA is blocked, the wiki states that Maxi is -2. Yet I usually eat a lot of hits. My guess is that the guide is correct because it is only regarding for attacks. So, I used the counter hit option in training mode. I set it to attack after 2 hits. I set my opponent as Voldo. The computer will cycle through 3 attacks (AA, BB, 3B). I ate the AA and the BB, but I was able to block his 3B. According to Voldo's wiki, his BB is 18 frames, but his 3B is 19 frames. That means Maxi's combo leaves him at -18. Assuming that our wiki is correct, I think this means that in order to guard from RC that there is a gap of 16 frames. So, any move that ends in RC needs to subtract 16 frames from what recovery that Maxi's move gives him.

If My theory is completely off base, please respond to the forum. I'm hoping that I'm in the right direction with this research.

I think there may have an error on voldo wiki, because maxi can guard i18 moves after AA
But they way you were thinking of it is right
You should use Mitsurugi to test these kind of things, his frame data seems to be the most accurate

Now, I noticed an error in Maxi's wiki about 6B4G, I nearly never used this move because even if it is very quick, the wiki said it's -3 on block and +5 on hit, which is wrong
Maxi's 6B4G is +8 on block and +10 on hit, which make this move really interesting
It's a mid that transition to LI, start up is not very fast (i21) but very fast recovery so it's hard to react on it, breaks guard on 13, range in between 4B and 1B

I can't edit the wiki to correct it, or I don't know how :P

No you cant edit the wiki. But I can. Ill make the change later tonight. Good shit figuring that out. Wish I can give someone the power to edit the wiki.

Im sure there are quite a bit more mistakes. Since I wrote the wiki using the guide that game out before the game actually did. I was hoping for informed posts like these to make the appropriate changes.

@7r17r1 If you really want, I think I can grant you the power to edit the wiki. That is if youre willing to put in the work to actually test some things out. fafiner has noticed some mistakes as well. Might be something to think about.

HRD

Back