Maxi Frame Data

I agree with you. Maxi may have need for separate frame data on attacks~G, that will truly reflect how unsafe he CAN be. I think it'll be productive, i don't see why not. However who's going to do it Rico?....*hint hint*

btw. Siegfried's data is similar in design, Sach did the blockstun data into stance, not neutral as well.

no, it's a horrible move :(
regrettably.

edit:
let me rephrase...
It does give adv on hit, but just not enough, cuz LI fastest move is i17.

Really now?
I was playing against a AneuDee and his amy is pretty good. I remember I used that move against him a couple of times, and I beat his attack with the LI A, giving me a CH. Now...I know Amy is fast like shit, that's why I was kinda interested in using this move more often. But I mean, If it just happened 2 be luck that I got those CHs off, I'd be kinda crushed, because I thought I would be able 2 incorporate that into my arsenal.

Maybe I'll try it a little more against some other players, and see how that turns out.

BTW, how often do you guyz use 236K?

I whipped that out a couple of times and found that to be greatness! (If I wasn't 1B-ing his highs)

236k i dont use that often. ill use it one scrubs that like to come up swinging on wake up in order to train the to stop doing that shit. but not much else. I cant find a great use for it. the range sucks for me and i thinks its horrible on block. but i never checked to see what stances he goes through after the move is done. if there is an LI option in there then that might be something ill work on.

Feel free to add 236B to your arsenal i think. The reason i think it's awful not cuz of it's HITSTUN really, but because it's so linear. It's accidentally stepped too often, and the BS is too awful for my tastes. I guess it's good if you anticipate lows well though I'll fiddle with a bit, since I love LI.

Feel free to add 236B to your arsenal i think. The reason i think it's awful not cuz of it's HITSTUN really, but because it's so linear. It's accidentally stepped too often, and the BS is too awful for my tastes. I guess it's good if you anticipate lows well though I'll fiddle with a bit, since I love LI.

Since u and I both love LI...I dedicate this to u my friend lol

I dunno if you guyz knew this or not...but I'm sure you all know that if you try to block after performing a LI Bg, maxi sits there swinging his nunchucks for a while, and you're sitting duck. However, I found out that if you keep pressing G, he will only do one quick swing, and you will be able to block, throw, or go into whatever you want.

Also, I found out that depend how long you charge your LI B, you can either go back into LI or go into RO
In order to get into RO, you have to charge it right until he's about to attack and cancel and you'll be in RO

Again, I dunno if this is old news or not. but it just opened up a lot of options for me

Since u and I both love LI...I dedicate this to u my friend lol

I dunno if you guyz knew this or not...but I'm sure you all know that if you try to block after performing a LI Bg, maxi sits there swinging his nunchucks for a while, and you're sitting duck. However, I found out that if you keep pressing G, he will only do one quick swing, and you will be able to block, throw, or go into whatever you want.

Also, I found out that depend how long you charge your LI B, you can either go back into LI or go into RO
In order to get into RO, you have to charge it right until he's about to attack and cancel and you'll be in RO

Again, I dunno if this is old news or not. but it just opened up a lot of options for me

Haha yes, it's the reason why i love LI B, you're late my friend ;)
That one swing is his transition from LI Bg -> RO, instead of LI Bg -> LI -> BL (which takes forever)
Keep in mind though that the duration of charging LI B doesn't matter really, it's the moment of the cancel that is critical to decide what loop you're going to end in. You can get into RO ANYTIME from LI B or LI as long as you press G late in the animation.

The command is not to keep pressing G though, but it's more like what u described in the end of your post, pressing G at the right time goes to RO as you correctly mentioned. Very useful, VERY VERY useful. And it's one of the main reasons why i love LI B. LI B gives me options and that's what i like. Other quirks LI Bg has it's how delayable the LI attacks are after a cancelled LI B as well as being able to PSL4 and WL quickly after going from LI Bg -> RO.

edit:
btw i did some 236B work, cuz it just occured to me, that apart from 9K, 236B is maxi's ONLY TJ attack from neutral!! AND is is good at what it does. If you're at bs 0~-1 you can TJ the fastest lows (i15) RIGHT until the END of the animation. Meaning not even slower lows will hit you cuz u're still considered TJ!! woot, thanks much for this. I always thought Maxi lacked something to deal with 2As (9K too slow ugh to gamble jsut like that). 236B is where it's at. If only it tracked better it would be so great.

edit:
btw i did some 236B work, cuz it just occured to me, that apart from 9K, 236B is maxi's ONLY TJ attack from neutral!! AND is is good at what it does. If you're at bs 0~-1 you can TJ the fastest lows (i15) RIGHT until the END of the animation. Meaning not even slower lows will hit you cuz u're still considered TJ!! woot, thanks much for this. I always thought Maxi lacked something to deal with 2As (9K too slow ugh to gamble jsut like that). 236B is where it's at. If only it tracked better it would be so great.

That's why I use it.

LOL. I thought it was known info already. :)

Heh we're all learning a little something

Thanks for the info man, I knew I would pull it off, but I thought it was because I fully charged the B, then canceled it. oooooh Im goin to have soooooo much fun now! XD

Oh, when I was talking about pressing G repeatedly, that was just to get out of any loop transitions. Because you know if you try to guard after LI Bg, it takes a while before u can actually guard. However, if you keep tapping G, you can block right after the cancel, which can give you an option to throw, or do whatever you please. So this is just to give you more options so that you don't have to stay in LI, and you can mix it up even more

Oh, when I was talking about pressing G repeatedly, that was just to get out of any loop transitions. Because you know if you try to guard after LI Bg, it takes a while before u can actually guard. However, if you keep tapping G, you can block right after the cancel, which can give you an option to throw, or do whatever you please. So this is just to give you more options so that you don't have to stay in LI, and you can mix it up even more

Technically speaking you can't cancel ANY of his loops. You simply are able to guard the instant the stance ends. Meaning a stance will always run its entire course. If a shift is 17 frames u can't cancel those 17 frames. We use the word cancel with maxi as a convenience.

LI bG -> LI has to go to BL, before you can block. Not only that, it's a special LI case where LI last WAY longer than usual and that's before it even reaches BL. It's his longest stay in any stance out of all his moves. What you got that made it seem like a cancel was actually a shift to RO, which does not have a neutral loop shift to go to (like LO -> RC and LI BL) so you basically bypassed that whole lengthy LI then to BL sequence of events.

It is indeed a lot of fun when u get the timing for LI BG given tha you can charge it and do anything u want basically. If u want neutral asap u HAVE to go to RO

The MOST important thing about LI B that most ppl seem to ignore is that on block BL B trades with i16 attacks (enemy is forced crouch) You can block any WS attack and outspeed anything i16 or slower, it will also DUCK highs and throws. Therefore Maxi FORCES them to attack or face a BL mixup. They also have to be wary with HOW they attack because of WL for verticals, and psl4_5 evades work well here too. Even if they DO attack and you block it, you now have the advantage because of course u've blocked their attack. Very mind game move on block, just like with RO A :) ahh fun fun fun.

The MOST important thing about LI B that most ppl seem to ignore is that on block BL B trades with i16 attacks (enemy is forced crouch) You can block any WS attack and outspeed anything i16 or slower, it will also DUCK highs and throws. Therefore Maxi FORCES them to attack or face a BL mixup. They also have to be wary with HOW they attack because of WL for verticals, and psl4_5 evades work well here too. Even if they DO attack and you block it, you now have the advantage because of course u've blocked their attack. Very mind game move on block, just like with RO A :) ahh fun fun fun.

Can you confirm that blocked LI B, BL B avoids Amy's 66B? -loc

Fhwoarang:
Nah you can't duck it with BL B unfortunately, you can only WL it haha. I was like awww shocks when it failed. She is like the ONLY exception. Every other high can be manually ducked or ducked with BL B.

R3dd:
You've totally confused me hahaha. Re-read my post i think. Blocked LI B -> BL B interrupts a lotta shit basically. BL B is very unsafe.

Back