Maxi Frame Data

Can someone please confirm that Maxis throw really is i16 instead of the normal i17 every other character seems to have?

I'll get back to you on the throw speed but I'm 90% sure it's i17...
On another note, RC A is actually i20!!! Further more, BL B[G]~N is +4 on CH meaning, CH BL B[G], 4B~etc can be used as a frame trap, exploit this against people who duck or guess BL B, RO A followups...

I'll get back to you on the throw speed but I'm 90% sure it's i17...
On another note, RC A is actually i20!!! Further more, BL B[G]~N is +4 on CH meaning, CH BL B[G], 4B~etc can be used as a frame trap, exploit this against people who duck or guess BL B, RO A followups...

RC A is i20?? you sure bout that. If i hit 33bA RC A against cass, If she blocks 33bA she cannot punish me with BB which is i15 I believe. Just seems a lot faster than i20

HRD

The notations for these two moves are a problem. If you mean to say that 8wr left A (The version that ends in neutral.) is -7 then you ought to take another look. Standard 2As are still free on block.

X's AA, Mits B6, and taki's A6, cant punish it on block. Maxi's 2A is a S-Mid. But hmmmm, ill play with the other characters 2A stuff. But unless its a low 2A, i dont see how its gonna punish it!

HRD

Are you testing this from close range? I know Nightmares i14 6K, typical i14 2As, and almost everyone's K will punish this from point blank. X's AA should have worked too.

someone needs to change the wiki.
as far as i know only premium members and moderators can change the wiki. that means you could probably change the wiki HRD, but i'd make sure you're 100% sure on everything before you change it. if needed i'd help out if there's alot to be changed since i got alot of spare time on my hands, but i'd rather make sure that im not intruding in on any maxi moderators space before i do so. and last i checked zombiebear666 had retested alot of the old frame data around the same time i did siegs; you could ask him if he's willing to contribute what he knows.

also my main efforts are dedicated in the siegfried SA, but if you guys feel something really needs to be retested badly, PM me, and i'd be glad to help out.

Mitsu's B6 can't punish 8wr left A. At WORST it fluctuates at -14~15 at close. Mitsu's B6 is about i17 iirc. Remember also move notations are taken as if you're on the left side, i.e player 1. Hence 88A is 8WR left A by convention. I usually say 8WR left A to avoid confusion though.
I have edited Maxi's frame data wiki myself on many occassions, I do so, it''s pretty darn accurate I keep telling people :)

ok fine.....

8wr left A on block cannot be punished by X's AA (i11) nor taki's A6(i10).

HOWEVER

8wr right A, will get anything i15 or better upside your head!! and goes into LI

I wanted to consult first which is why I didnt edit it myself. Im not exactly famous for getting my notations right. And Im not looking to step on toes. I think those 2 moves need to be switched in the wiki or tested a little better.

I aslo asked zombiebear already, he didnt disagree. He thought I was talked 2p side but I wasnt

HRD

HRD, thou must read my posts carefully. Let's go again :p
8WR left A is bs-15, therefore X's AA punish it. Taki's A6 might if in range and that move is i15 not i10. An i10 mid would be crazy :)
8WR right A is MUCH worse, but goes into LI. As a result it's even MORE than i15 attacks. I think it may go as high as i21 attacks. If LI B or WL doesn't save u then you're screwed. Cancelling doesn't even make sense. LI cancels very slowly. That might make it bs -30 or so.

And no, they're not to be switched. That is the convention. Moves are taken from player 1. That's how every character's wiki is. That'll cause unnecessary confusion. How it is now, is how it is supposed to be. The best thing one CAN do is to change it to 8WR left A, and 8WR right A. That i can do.

X cannot punish 88A ( i refuse to bow to the leymans terms!!) with her i11 AA. just sayin

and I meant takis i10 AA not her A6....hahahahahaha

Ok so Im gonna ask a n00b question. Because I dont understand why people are fighting me on this.

If X blocks maxi's 88A whos at negative frames? X or Maxi.

HRD

I'll have the data up shortly (like a day or two), to dispell any myths HRD might be spreading...
Something peculiar I'd like to point out, 11A sucks we all know, but 11A is a rare move because from standing it TC's from i2 all the way through the animation... Thats right, 11A ~ TC {2-31}...

If X blocks maxi's 22A whos at negative frames? X or Maxi

Maxi.
Something peculiar I'd like to point out, 11A sucks we all know, but 11A is a rare move because from standing it TC's from i2 all the way through the animation... Thats right, 11A ~ TC {2-31}...

You'd think we knew that all 11A has going for it is that TC, but I'm not sure sure all of us do.

Ok, thats what I thought, Im right SO FAR, then if the wiki says that 88A is -14....how come X's AA (i11) and Taki's AA(i10) CANNOT PUNISH IT?? Im still curious bout what you said about other characters 2A's.

I dont mean to be abrasive with all this. But Im just trying to understand frames better. I still think that 22A & 88A are backwards in the wiki.

Ok, thats what I thought, Im right SO FAR, then if the wiki says that 88A is -14....how come X's AA (i11) and Taki's AA(i10) CANNOT PUNISH IT??

That's what I'm wondering. Something funny is going on with your testing. Are you playing as X/Taki and recording Maxi?

HRD:
X and Taki both punish Maxi's 8WR left A (stop saying 22A, that goes against BOTH conventions) Use the record feature and record yourself doing AA, put first action guard all, 2nd action on command 1(by default). Don't use the generic attack AA as second action in practice mode, it comes out couple frames slower for some reason. And no we're not fighting you :) I just know I'm right as usual :p heh heh heh

edit
Also why do you say the wiki has it wrong after the lengthy explanation I just gave? Here's some caps for u :p
Conventions are taken from PLAYER 1 side SINCE GUARDIMPACT.COM days. Player 1 is on the LEFT SIDE OF THE SCREEN. If you are on the LEFT SIDE OF THE SCREEN, then the attakc that leads to NEUTRAL is 88A which is 8WR LEFT A (meaning MAXI'S LEFT). If he is on the RIGHT SIDE OF THE SCREEN, which is on the PLAYER 2 SIDE, then it becomes 22A. BUT STILL 8WR LEFT A!!! It's elementary watson

K

88A (8wr LEFT A) on block cannot be punished by X's AA or Taki's AA. I have tested it in training mode EXACTLY HOW MR. BLAZE JUST SAID AND by having someone sitting next to me trying to punish it with anything. Couldnt be done. And what makes me think that....if I have a 88A thats blocked, I can block any punishment attempt. If I have a 22A (8wr RIGHT A MAXI"S RIGHT) thats blocked, Im eating a fat punishment because Im trying to clear out the LI stance before I can block again! This is all talking FROM THE 1P SIDE!!!

You know what...I give up nevermind!!

HRD

Back