i21: 2K/66A
i22: 4A/4K/2B+K
i23: 66B+K
i25: 236B/236K/22B/66K
i26: 11B
i27: 3A+B/236A/FC 3A/33B/22K/44K
i29: 22A/11A
i30: 44B

Man, every list that comes out nowadays is different from the last.

I have no clue what's correct and what's not.

I dont have specific numbers but a few things to note:

-When tested against Taki, RO A had enough blockstun for BL B to beat out her AA and 2A.

-33bA also had enough bs for RC KK:K to TC Taki's A.

Does anyone here know how to edit wikis?

The Maxi frame data on the SC4 Wiki is in SORRY shape.

It's all filled in but it's almost all completely wrong. Whoever did it took the negative frames on guard and measured it by how soon you can perform a stance move and NOT by how soon you can block.

Sure, maybe that stance move data could find a place, too, but when you read about Maxi's A,A and it says it's -4 on block, it's misleading at best.

If someone is willing to make the edits but NOT do the frame testing legwork, I might be able to work out the correct data in the next week or so.

PSL Frame Data

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to figure out how many frames each stance lasts and how many frames stance shifts take? Do all shifts take the same amount of time to happen (PSL3 vs PSL1 & PSL2).

So i just did some testing on RO A, and according to my tests, RO A is NOT +3 on block, as it says in they wiki frame data. I found that it is more like +6. Taki's A loses to BL B(i16) after RO A, and i13 kicks trade with BL A(i19) after RO A. I always did feel like that +3 was kinda off. Anyone know how to change the wiki page?

Also... it says that BL A impacts in 19, but it also says that LI bG->LI, Li is +18 on block, yet BL A is guaranteed if they block it. So... either BL A impacts in 18 or LI bG->LI, LI is +19 on block.

Is there any where with a complete list of all of Maxi's hit and block data? I found something from CF searching through google but I don't think it had the data on every move just certain transitions(which is useful but I want to see everything).

Here's his "complete" data:

http://www.8wayrun.com/wiki/Maxi:SC4:FD:ALL

There are a few problems though. None of the stance data tells you the safeness of the moves (only how soon you can attack with a stance move and NOT how soon you can block), and I'm pretty sure some of the other data is slightly off.

At the very least, Maxi's 1A is actually SAFER on block than it says in the data because it can't be punished by Amy's 6B,B.

I did some testing last week on how long it takes for stances to cancel, and FOR THE MOST PART, it takes about i14. My results weren't completely consistent though, sometimes it would be one frame more or less. Basically this means that anything that is +4 or more is safe to block afterwards.
*Note: with LI and LO, its gonna take longer since there is a neutral shift to BL and RC, respectively, before canceling to neutral.

That "for the most part" stuff is completely wrong.

His block cancels range from like -14 to like -20, and that's for moves that end in the same stance.

Basically what I'm saying is that -14 is pretty much the best data Maxi EVER gets for stance-transition moves on block (aside from like three or so moves that are +frames) and the majority of moves seem to be a lot worse.

It's pretty safe to say that if someone blocks a stance transition move against your Maxi that you're going to take a good amount of damage.

It's pretty safe to say that if someone blocks a stance transition move against your Maxi that you're going to take a good amount of damage.

That's not enterly true. I mean, yeah, you get free damage, but is not a good amount of damage. Mostly AAs or 2A or fast lows.

BL takes 10 frames to cancel. RO A, on hit, is still frame advantage to neutral. BL is +2 on neutral block.

That "for the most part" stuff is completely wrong.

His block cancels range from like -14 to like -20, and that's for moves that end in the same stance.

Basically what I'm saying is that -14 is pretty much the best data Maxi EVER gets for stance-transition moves on block (aside from like three or so moves that are +frames) and the majority of moves seem to be a lot worse.

Actually, most of Maxi's better moves do cancel in about !14, i didn't find anything near !20. You are probably adding the frame disadvantage after the blocked attack and adding that on to the !14. I'm saying that it takes about 14 more frames after the data on the wiki to cancel to neutral.

And about BL cancelling in 10 frames, i'm not so sure about that. Seemed to be about !14 when i tested it after RO A. I'll test again tomorrow.

Honestly i don't think it matters how many frames each stance cancels in. I also think it's impractical to test. Maxi isn't about frames too much.

Attacks that lead to BL, have different frames when cancelling. In other words, 4A -> BL~G cancel is different from LI AA~G and different from LI B~G

At neutral stance positions i(.e u're looping away via A+K or something), all that is important to know is that BL cancels the fastest while LI and LO cancel the slowest as uber correctly mentioned.

I don't think their ARE consistent numbers for how fast specific stances cancels.

I just see it as a disadvanatage to new players to not actually have any listing of block safety in the frame data. It matters just as much as it does for any other character and Maxi is the only one who has this type of data discrepency.

Back