Maxi General Discussion "The Dandy of the Seas

First of all your notations is rather confusing

When you say RC AA BA
When when RC AA - >LI so pressing B should yield LI B

However I suspect you're doing RC A[A] - >LO

If you hold the second A it goes into LO which can lead you to do LO BK which imo is usually the better option anyways

-LAU
Agree. LI B on block = big fat punishment. LO BK much better option.

So what's the timing for the just move 22/88KKK?
I've just been mashing it for it to work 50% of the time.
3rd K on hit.

Oops. I dropped something.

Sorry bout triple post

How bout we patch why 3B ROK is not a thing. Seems like it should be a thing. Weird that its not a thing. Am I dumb. Am I somehow doing it wrong? Is my 20+ years of playing only maxi so bad that I wouldn’t know how to execute a simple button sequence?

Also...3A was never a thing. Like ever. Not sure why some want 3A to be a thing. Just accept it or dont play maxi. Dont know what to tell you.

What do you boys think on Soul Charge vs Critical Edge when it comes to spending a bar of meter?
Most of the time I go for the CE whiff punish/ring out or for that phat dmg.

Usually I only SC when I wanna get someone off my face, or when I want to hear "HOH, BABY!"

They both have their uses for sure. I personally lean more towards SC than CE. But punishing a whiff with CE is so satisfying.

So I cant say Im one or the other. It all depends on my opponent.

So my post didnt help you at all Im sure.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pNadTJsCMeX_NkR6lkEYXw9m79K4QJxA0Trj3N44Bdo/edit?usp=sharing i just wrote this up from my random waffling on dyscord this should be clearer than dyscord and i think it might help some people.

ALSO:
please can we all use the correct notation where possible, i noticed just a few post back that there was confusion with a move string

6b+kG RCAA BA LI B
I know RCAA BA ends in LO but if you're quick you can get LI B instead. Not too sure why.

I'm sure there's a stronger/more damaging combo to get off of 6b+kG but for now I'm just wondering why I can't get LI B to work.

In previous games the notation was ~ to show stance transition and you full note it all out. other wise you can get some really confusing stuff. for example

LHBLBA[A]BK w!

This could be LH BLB~RCA[A]~LOBK w! but its not, its LH BLB~RCA[A]~LOB~RCK w! if you want to note loops its the same please dont 6AA4AK please do:
6A~ROA~BL PSL2~ROAK

So my biggest issue - forgive me I haven't played him in a long while - is how bloody linear he is now in loops. He used to have some great side-step moves here and now? Not so much and I'm kinda missing them. The new guard breaks are nice, but its so easy for the opponent to just AA right before they execute and break the loop.

So my biggest issue - forgive me I haven't played him in a long while - is how bloody linear he is now in loops. He used to have some great side-step moves here and now? Not so much and I'm kinda missing them. The new guard breaks are nice, but its so easy for the opponent to just AA right before they execute and break the loop.
Some of his moves are half circular while others do track. Just tested it.

SC6 Maxi DOES NOT LOOP.
Except Canyon Carve > Ro & BL B Infinite, that's it...
THIS IS A FLOW FIGHTER MAXI. His AUTOMATIC for the kids and it works.

It does. The condition is you have to hit the opponent right before they get guard broken.
Your Talking rubbish and HRD jumps on the same bus. JUST TYPING Stuff and saying that's how it works.

3A...Lotus DOES NOT LETHAL HIT. It is ment to be his HARD Mid Punish into BL. no requirements needed.
Where's the patch already?

Best LH Punish for all Maxi LHs is 44B>Rc B. That's the 100% guarantee damage very time. Maxi's Game Mechanic Fixed String.

The Answer to AA & K interrupts is Fishing/Catching them with aIPp & aGI.

I would tend to disagree. Most LH have different combos. I have a whole list of all the best damage LH combos and 44B~RCB being best is only off LH RCK assuming you have no meter. With meter you get LH RCK [CE]~ROK 66B+K for over 100 damage.

Isnt 3A LH requirements to catch a step when enemys gauge is flashing red or when they are in the yellow part of health bar. I'm away at the moment so can't check. I'm sure I have seen it activate though.

Yes you can do different functioning combos. But SC6: Maxi Mechanic 44B on LH gives Ground Stun Properties. If there are any other LH Combos that give Stun Properties apart from "Ever Forward" I would like to know.

Ivy is a meter Hoe. Low grab needs to COST meter.
Groh cant be out poked by maxi so back step and punish on whiff. Groh's 2A & WR A hurt Maxi like hell.

3A is a step LH Catcher that doesn't Work. I have Never gotten a LH with it. and the games been out for how long?

Last edited:
Ce > sc for me for now

Although I do think his sc is really strong

B+Kbbba doesn't do enough damage to be feared. But when you have ce (the hold version) it puts you in a pretty good okimeze position after RO K, 66B+K.

I love 7sr.

-LAU

skimmed last few pages to make sure this hasn't been posted, but sorry anyways if this is old news; maxi's movement options in RE ends in stances(everybody can know this from movelist) and they already have PSL / SSR properties, meaning RC K off RE 4 is LH, as well as LO K off RE 6.

Back