Maxi General Discussion "The Dandy of the Seas

So I was fiddling with maxi for a bit and found out that his guaranteed follow up after charged CE seems to always do more damage. Is there any reason to use maxi’s normal CE over the charged version? Perhaps it has faster frames?

Not any real reason unless you want to be sure of a kill and want that end of round cut scene.

It's also interesting that CE from neutral guard does more damage canceled or not.
Sry, all this time playing I didn't pay attention to what neutral guard is. What is it?

How bout we patch why 3B ROK is not a thing. Seems like it should be a thing. Weird that its not a thing. Am I dumb. Am I somehow doing it wrong? Is my 20+ years of playing only maxi so bad that I wouldn’t know how to execute a simple button sequence?

Also...3A was never a thing. Like ever. Not sure why some want 3A to be a thing. Just accept it or dont play maxi. Dont know what to tell you.
If you are looking for that 3B RO K fix try doing 2KB if you hit the B it launches enough to get RO K legend dick to ryu cannon 66B+K LOL

2K is an excuse to pull of WR Canyon Carve "Wake up punish"
Sad I haven't played SC6 in 3 days.. whens that patch and balance coming.
RE is an excuse to slow down offence.
On the plus side Maxi's CE hold give them no time to breath and think. keeping the pressure on with no vid-animation interrupts.

Lads, I'm struggling with people who are whiff-punish-fishing.
Players who just back step and back step, and as I go in with a 33B or a 66aB, they'll slap me with something as I start swinging, or just wait for it to whiff, and slap my shit before I can use either GI.

I've tried the ol' run, block, run, block. But against Ivy, her long range moves PUSH ME AWAY HAHAHA. Any tips pls?

@Derocus Welcome to the world of SC4 maxi problems.
Proper back steps kill every thing Maxi.. Night/Ivy/Cerv/Kilik/Seig
This is where the rest of the group tells you to Play Smart, Punish Smart....BE PATIENT.

Waiting for rest of maxi players to realise
SC4:Wavering Lights Fury is ......SC6:Seven Star Dance just to pull the same move of with no 100%Free BT Dragon Backfist.

Hey guys, you know after the 'ever forward' critical hit move. How do you do the fast B followup instead of the slow guard break move?

I think I know what you mean, dude. It's difficult to understand without the right annotations, and for the life of me I don't know the stances by name. My brain knows them as "from this stance I can use these moves, or I can PSL into that other stance with the kick. The good kick."

I DIGRESS. You just wanna hold the B, my dude. It puts you in another stance instead with a faster b followup, it's usually the safer choice and such.
Again. Sorry I don't know the notations for this :v

Jesus, I just realized you can do wavering light (auto gi) after a B whiffs in RE. Raise the odds in Maxis favour.

I don't see any of the good Maxis use hold 6b+k, massive guard damage and safe unless sidestepped, looks hard to react to though. Why don't you?

I use it when they are in turtle mode or close to walls for the splats. Win win if they guard.
Also the hold version and then normal version right after..his hit box is small during it and it has funky priority. I tested several characters, their aa, bb and any thing slower gets counterhit. Some exceptions like Siegfrieds bb.
At the proper distance to a wall you can push them closer with hold version and fish for a counterhit on second normal version right after.
Combine it with nice application of 66a+(B) guard break and that meter will be red for sure by round 3.
Watch out for CE though, the faster ones can punish it. Looks funny, his guard is up visually but he gets hit.

Additionally, been labbin against Azwel. His floating on shield moves can all be punished on block with CE. If he is is soul charge, same. But not if he then follows up with aa,bb. Very weird that aa, bb comes out faster then block in this case.

Guys, does CH B lead to any guaranteed follow-ups? I saw it listed somewhere, but I don't seem to connect it in Training Mode - unless I am doing it wrong?

And, what's the best combo after 33B and CH 33B (w/o CE)?

Lastly, is there any combo which uses any PSL transitions, to let us power up 7SR?

Reactions: IRM
Guys, does CH B lead to any guaranteed follow-ups? I saw it listed somewhere, but I don't seem to connect it in Training Mode - unless I am doing it wrong?

And, what's the best combo after 33B and CH 33B (w/o CE)?

Lastly, is there any combo which uses any PSL transitions, to let us power up 7SR?
Watch this homie

My SC6: Maxi Patch Fixes
- Maxi should be able to "SC2:PsL Stance Jumps" on RE[Hold]. Like Raph & Talim
- Wing Sobat: Lo B, K. Kick should be [G]uardable/Cancel-able
- Li K, K needs its variations.
- 236 A should not be SCB only.
- SCB Ro A+B = "SC2: Serpent's Breath B2, SC3/4:Serpent's Breath 44B" should not be SCB only and should LH.
- Ro B should be SC5:Ro B [Hydra Talon] CH properties on LH.
- Increase damage on 1A
- PushBack/KnockAway on 1B[Nunchaku Lick] needs to be changed/fixed to SC4 Hit properties.
- WishList: A+B in any Stance should "Canyon Carve" or maybe in "Ro Rc Li only"
- 236 B Should LH or Hard Knockdown on CH.
- Fix 3A Lotus so it LHs like it's suppose too. If not 33A should LH.
- WhileCrouching "3A+B" Hit-box needs to be fixed; and, it's command input needs to be changed. "236A+B" would be fine.
- Old BL A should be changed: BL A should be SC5: 44A[White Polar Lights] Mid-hit with knockdown.

Last edited:
Thread's dead. Post memes.

1544448483740.png

Back