Maxi General Q&A

This Thread is up cause i care way too much about the outcome of SC5 Maxi.
Can everyone/Serious Maxi Players: Post the Top 10 Moves you want to see in SC5 and i mean specifics, with move properties, input command, e.t.c. And frames if you wish:)
If you will be requesting older SC Maxi moves label Which series the move is from: SC2, Sc3, SC4.
Your Top 5 wanted moves should be highlighted

*This is Not Invent-A-Move Thread*
*This Thread is not for Rants or Issues or Discussions or Replys*
:sc2maxi2:Use http://8wayrun.com/threads/maxi-changes-for-sc5.6468/ For Discussions:sc2maxi1:

#0: SC2:).. 8-way :A:+:K: walk.
#1: Sc2: :4::A:+:K:
#2: SC4 BL A, Should be SC5: 3A. Same stun properties, bit more range, stance Li starter.
#3: SC3: B,B for SC5: B,B. same SC3 properties on hit. "yes we all saw the pics but i can still change things right.lol"
#4: Li K should be holdable/chargeable and guardcrush on full charge
#5: Replace SC4: RC :B: with SC2::6::bA: so it flows into SC2 style :A:,:B: Serpent BInd nc combo. SC2: :6::bA::A::B: nc.
#6: A Full charged :(2)::A:+:B: should be unshakeable. stun should last longer Bl A or Li K follow up should always hit
#7: :6::A:+:B: dont care about which SC series look it has give better frames or put maxi into Ro stance instead of BL

#8: SC4: Waving LightsB+KGi should :A:+:K: loopable back into RO. Also an addition A+BGi version that Gis :A: attacks. [ask for Me if you dont understand this]

#9: B+K BBBA more damage better tracking. The last :A: should be unduckable or a mid hit.

#10: SC4: 6B,B,B, All mid-hits. SC4: 66A needs to be unduackable. 66B+K better/bigger hit box on grounded/downed opponents, move should never whiff.

While landing moves
WLing k = 236 K
WLing Sc2 BL B with guardcrush

Just played SC2 again jesus i forgot 66 k had options in the past with low K and B laun
Li KK. lol options on almost everything:)

dam would like to see Sc2 soulcharged 66B as waving light a option :)
everythings loopable:)

I already did this....posting again.

things I really want

1. 6_4A+K (with 6 having a GI property)
2. 3B+K/ 3B+K, B~RO (his current BL, B)
3. 2A+B (his current WL, A)
4. A, B~RO string ( Old SC B~RO)
5. B, A~BL string (Old SC2 BL, A. the one he retreated slightly with)
6. Faster Stance cancels when I press G (JF cancels?)
7. B+K BBBA Do more damage(both Normal and JF versions)
8. Old SC2 6A+B and its mystery hitbox
9. 6BBA string (A being his current 66A)
10. An overall increase of damage across the board.

5. B, A~BL string (Old SC2 BL, A. the one he retreated slightly with)

REally the run away move. Isnt RANGE a problem for maxi. plus its duckable on reaction to Bl stance and the fear of KK
if 236 B knocked down this would be fine but wouldnt some thing like: RO :A: ,:A:. be better
The second :A: input Being Sc4 3A stun. making it a move like RO :A:, :K:.
So if Ro :A: hit the second :A: would hit as a Nc

i think SC4 BL A is solid, just needs a bit more range.

Dusty: Understand Im asking for a new attack string...I wasn't solid on the stance it ends with...originally I had RO listed, but I thought it would be unnatural/unrealistic(for the character) so I changed it to BL with the current BL attack list in mind. The B, A would really just be a mix up vs people who step/quickstep Maxi's BB string(lesser extent, his current SC4 3B) maybe add some advantage on block and/or a on hit shake-able stun. Sure its high and duckable...very punishable, but if it had some altered properties and put you in a stance, then the reward would be worth doing. Kinda the same thing with the other string I want: A, B~RO. While it would not be an NC nor and NCC for that matter, it would give you an option vs people who duck A, A~RC. Right now when I press A,A or B,B and just one of those get blocked, I'm pretty fucked.

More or less in order of importance (to me).

Returning moves:
- SC3 B series
- SC2 66A and 66aG
- SC3 2A+B
- SC3 4A series
- SC3 Right Cross series
- SC2 236B and 236bG

New or altered moves:
- Change 44AB to have multiple enders. 44AA would be the current 66A from SC3 and 4; second hit is high and can be ducked, but beats step. 44AB ends with a mid that can be stepped but gives Maxi advantage into RO on hit and block. Both NCC.
- A new command throw that does little damage but gives Maxi a big advantage into a stance of your choice. Possible commands: 236A+G_B+G for RO and LO, 214A+G_B+G for BL and RC, and 41236A+G for LI.
- Give BL A enough range so that the theoretical BL A/BL B mixup from SC4 actually works.

Won't bother listing individual frames for these, but they should be at least on par with SC3. In general, advantage during stance and just enough annoying lows and safe pokes to facilitate looping.

I'm not really a Maxi player, but he should be more in control of his combos so he can cancel them easier and faster.

FUCKING POINTLESS MOVING MY THREAD HERE
NOW I HAVE TO LOOK AT JUNK LIKE THIS JUST TO SEE INDIVIDUAL PEOPLEs MOVE PREFERENCE FOR SC5.
everything is scattered, with randomness like this. Nice

@soakrates
@Rekano
Sorry about having to make u guys write your preference again i just wanted a Neater Thread so i wouldnt have to read through junk and random comments just to see your specific move preferences for SC5

I have instructed those that are capable of to clean this thread up. It is my intention to take out takes from you (because some of your ideas are good dustbuster) me, sokrates, bubbles, hotnikkles, Rekano, Jag etc and all those others that contributed, make one nice neat thread, close it, and link it to daishis twitter.

Dont be all butthurt. Your ideas will be included and I will even let everyone proof read it before its sent to make sure everyones voice is heard, rather its good or bad.

Spider ur my homie and all but please refrain from posts like that in this thread. That goes for all others. Ima be super anal about it from now on, cause I wanna make a nice neat presentation to Namco about all the great stuff we came up with.

sounds like a moderator should be doing this but *cough* Johnny*cough*
you can call me "honorary mod" for right now

HRD

I like most of dustbusters ideas since I would rather play a loop heavy maxi

I barely poke at alll as him

I REALLY like the idea of maintaining that balance of a loop centric and a poking dynamic that can leave opponents off balance dealing with the possible options. I'd like to throw out some solid ideas both new and old from past games that should be highlighted.

1) Has it ever been thought to be able to hold a stance and move at the same time. Making it unsafe of course but the idea of walking around in RO, LO or LI doesn't seem too far fetched. He'd have his normal attacks from the stances and retain his movement which is more realistic in combat. You can maybe reduce movement speed or add a dodge element to it. You can have it happen with hold commands possibly. So maybe it would look like 6[A] to RO opponent swing with a B..RO2 auto dodges then you counter with RO B. I think it has potential.

2) Along with some stances having movement options I think it would be innovative to have crouching option in some stances as well. Do AA enter RC hold 2 to crouch and RC A+B does a WR A+B like normal or a different animation. Each button could give a different attack. I'd play with this. It can possibly cure one of his main ailments that is it's hard for him to cancel his stances quickly and deal with retaliation, so why not give him more options. Let's blow his movelist up.

3) Give back his cancel from LO B,K. It really added to the fluidity of Maxi.

4) I've said this before, a throw in at least one of his stances. Or at least the illusion that it came from a stance. I'm thinking Baek from Tekken or Sarah from Virtua Fighter. LI would be perfect for this as there is no reason to duck that stance. And this goes well with point 2 as well.

5) An unblockable from a stance. Could be quick and high like Ivy's A and lead to small to medium damage.

All I'm trying to do is add a lot more strength to his looping and stance games, even if it greatly adds to his complexity. You can find some random vids of me playing if you watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmUzF21iVac and particularly look at the last match you notice that I like to loop a lot, but it pains me to have to mainly rely on safe pokes and braindead mixups to play him at high level.

I like most of dustbusters ideas since I would rather play a loop heavy maxi
I barely poke at alll as him

i poke but its not really like a AA or BB: step, runaway, rinse and repeat pokegame, cause maxis not build that way.
can you imagin if :sc2mit1::sc2yos2: BB forced them into stance that they had to G out of...LoL:)
my pokes are more to bait out stuff: Gis, frame trap u, Cause reaction errors.
6A+B..... into WLights Bait.. just give me an A Gi. or Sc2: 4A+K
33A
1B
Random AA. this actually works sometimes cause your not suppose to do it lol
4A, BG.
every time i write stuff like this i feel like im giving away secret techs lol
who cares SC5 might be good when done heres hopin

some PSL suggestions.

"any stance" 66 for forward sidewinder with a GI property. It goes into LI.
"any stance" 44 for a backstep sidewinder also into LI.
PSL3 22_88 for PSL3 quickstep You lose GI properties when you do this, but regain after staying in stationary PSL3 for oh....so many frames.

6A+K should have :A:GI properties into LI stance
4A+K doesnt need [a jump back evade that Gis wont work]
8A+K should have :A:GI properties into LI stance
2A+K RO doesnt need
sidewinder jumps wouldnt need Gi props if WLights had a A+BGI that Gied :A:s. [only 6A+K deserves an :A:GI property]

PSL dance
- 4B Lo into Li deserves a :A:GI property. The LI-LO dance. psl2-psl1. Just the Lo in the dance should Gi:A: and force you into Ro stance on :A:GI impact

PSL2 - PSL3 dance
- LI repeaters AA Psl3 into Li & A+K Psl2 into Li. I have always believed this psl/stance deserves a sexy grab command.

Waving Lights :A:+:B:GI
:A: 236 A only if namco cant make the move safer. or something else
:B: SC2: soulcharged 66B. UB
:K: SC4: Lo K

6A+K LI :A:GI properties
4A+K LI doesnt need [a jump back evade that Gis wont work]
8A+K LI :A:GI properties
2A+K RO doesnt need
sidewinder jumps wouldnt need Gi props if WLights had a A+BGI that Gied :A:s. [only 6A+K deserves an :A:GI property]

PSLs
- 4B Lo into Li deserves a :A:GI property. The LI-LO dance. psl2-psl1.
- LI repeaters AA Psl3 into Li & A+K Psl2 into Li. I have always believed this psl/stance deserves a sexy grab command.

Waving Lights :A:+:B:GI
:A: 236 A only if namco cant make the move safer
:B: SC2: soulcharged 66B. UB
:K: SC4 Lo K

What would you want the GI properties to counter from his evades? Everything?

The GI from LO to LI seems a bit much. Maybe just give him the ability to do a regular GI (4+RT) from LI?

:)Fixed Last Post:)

RC has HIgh, HIgh, Low
RO has High, High, High-option for Low
BL has Mid, Low, Low-High
Lo has Low, Mid, High
LI has Mid, High, Mid
Li is the only stance that has no low option: why not have a LI 2K that does his old SC2 LO K/Even SC4 22KK would work. Still want a LI K that can guardcrush on charge but the stance is missing a Low
Giving back maxi his SC2 66K options for SC5 shouldnt be a problem at ALL..RIGHT

Back