Maxi General Q&A

Either we have faster stance cancels now or some moves got switched around.

LO, A looks like it recovered quickly
either RC has a new A (old LI, AAB) OR the stance was canceled to it from neutral (6bAA)
THE SECOND LOOK: Looks like RC, A is now the AAB string.
New 66K? (old RO, K series?)
looks like faster stance shifts....?
looks like A and 2A are back.
ws, K looks faster
PSL3 GI properties activate faster?
RC, K JFs missing, stricter, or player didn't know of them :/

His movement seems like a faster SC2...looks like some people got their wish. even if its not what you really wanted :p

WS A is back. old LO K is back.
The camera was low at one point but I think I saw maxi do 4B followed by a fast move that knocked down stiff looking kind of like 66B. LO A went into FC AAA pretty damned quick. So far I like the flow speed of this maxi

TIMESTAMPS, PEOPLE!

Anyway, good stuff. Things I noticed:

0:42 -- Looks like he has 44B from SC2 back. Did he have it in SC3 and 4? I can't remember.
0:53 -- Ye gods, the transition from FC 3A to RO is ridiculously fast now. Would love to see that in the final game.
0:56 -- RO A after 6A trades with one of Tira's moves here. Does anyone know which move it is and what the frames on it are?
1:13 -- Can anyone tell what's happening with RO AK here? It seems there's a huge slowdown after the guard break.
1:32 -- Yep, that's definitely the classic RO B. Welcome back, old friend. @oosaka: I think the 1A hit because Maxi whiffed 6A before doing RO B.
1:48 -- The new RC AB seems to have some nice pushback.
1:58 -- Nice pushback on RC B.
2:17 -- PSL1 still has auto-GI it seems.

Am I seeing things or does Maxi have two LO Bs? At around 1:20 he does 4B then what looks like 66B immediately after, but at 1:56 he does the classic 4BB. Strange.

http://youtu.be/Rtq6RXQdQ88
ANALYZE

SC4:33B[knocks down on counter hit] in RC B[no guard crush but great forced movement] LO K is now SC2: LO K.
LO A has better frames when blocked:)
4A B Lo Stance recovey is hella fast.
RO A K charged goes into SlowMo style for/on guardcrush:) [33A AFTER GUARD_CRUSH LOOKS LIKE IT HITS]i just wet my pants.[Checked SlowMo was cause by Tira blocking.Charged RoA K Crushed and Burst Tira Blinking Gauge at the sametime.]
6A into RO B is SC2 or SC3 style, didnt see it hit properties:) [Checked SC2 RO B properties suck, pray its SC3 Style properties with stun]
HELL YEAH[I Called It] Bitches: AA into new RC A[3A] into the last :B: is Dragon's Brand:)
Dragons Brand:) Standing SC2 2:aB: is back. [Checked SC5version its not loopable Fix Please namco]. I think they took it way cause on block the "Dragons Brand" has great Pushback.:S = Hope Fullcharged 2A+B is loopable and still stuns for Li K.

Seriously i cant tell if he has just faster stance transitions or better frames it looks like both to me.
236 A recovery is better and doesnt force BL first Before PSLs. THANK YOU;)
SC2 Style: snake pokefest:) 2A into while rising A is back:)

:)love what he say about Hilde cause i Play her without DOOMCombos hahaha Rant;O
if anyone else noticed it running on XBoX lol
Kayane: i LOVe You for what she said about maxi

TIMESTAMPS, PEOPLE!
2:17 -- PSL1 still has auto-GI it seems.

Am I seeing things or does Maxi have two LO Bs? At around 1:20 he does 4B then what looks like 66B immediately after, but at 1:56 he does the classic 4BB. Strange.

it was 4AB knockdown at 1:20
4BB hildes going to punish maxi on that opening.
2:17 was PSL3 [A+K] without the forced BL coming out. much better this way

Where are my Waving lights GIs lol:)
Please make SC5: 3A = BL A
i hope he cancelled the last B at the end off: AA into RCA[3A] into the B... if that :B: is loopable into Li Jesus help u All. More so if i get Waving Lights B Gi and A Gi version . Ill Start making Dance Fighting Vids:) [ just checked again The last ":B:" Dragon's Brand is not loopable]

It was like he was talking to me when he said Maxi style has his, "Stances Crazy Nunchuks":)
Great Start to My day

Nah, he definitely goes into BL before PSL3, but it's a pretty fast transition so it's a little hard to notice at first. And yeah, you were right that it was 4A and not 4B.

Stance transitions do seem a lot faster though. That's good news at face value.

i wish he would have poked with a single B one time. hopefully since RC A is different we will get SC2 66Ag since some of his old moves returned. i would have loved to see one sidewinder or PSL4.

fuck..my boss made it so I cant see you tube vids at work anymore.....im excited, god damn it I wanna see!!!!!

HRD

Serpent's Desire
Li :A::A::B:
I really want to know what Li :A:, is now....Speculating it is the First and second hit off is Critical Edge Move into "Dragons brand".;) No flaming backfist.
would prefer SC2 Style Nc_:6::bA::A::B:

SC5: The Guard Break Gauge System is Really Good.

From what I see
0:42 -- 11B -> RC transition is much faster, that shift is usually MUCH slower. RC B is no longer GB :'( LO K is back to SC1. Hopefully as the safe TC low with trip stun :) I hope dynamic entry kick is still there tho
0:48 -- B+K jf and 3K look the same
0:51 -- 4A looks the same
0:53 -- LO A looks the same. FC 3A transitions to RO faster it seems. RO A[K] pushes back more
1:11 -- 4AB4G cancel faster it seems. The propeller doesn't even come out
1:13 -- Not sure what the charged kick is doing. It's possible breaking her guard completely, 33A, 66B+K still there
1:28 -- 33K looks more vicious
1:32 -- 66B+K leaves opp closer on KND. I spot classic RO B as well
1:48 -- AA has longer range!!! new RC AB it seems....the B part SEEMS to end in stance, can't identify which, doesn't seem like LI but more like RO. Standard stuff after that RO KK still there, 4BB LO B, RC B pushes back a lot. RC K launches instead of stuns now. Seems to recover faster now woot!
2:05 -- 2aB there with it's NO range suckiness, seems to end in RO
2:13 -- old WS A is back, 236A still there still ends in BL BUT there's a PSL3 GI in there somewhere, hopefully that's improved! 2B+K still there, 66BG still there

God damn it, I hate you guys. Ive been biting my nails all fuckin day. Trying to get a peek from someones cell phone or something and I just cant do eeeetttt!!! Im so excited i think a little pee pee came out of me.

From what it sounds like, we got some of the stuff we were asking for....woot woot. cant wait to get home to check it out myself

HRD

maxis stance at the character select screen.....HAS GOT TO GO!!! holy "jazzy, spirit, fingers" batman!!

@:48....Old LI K....woot!!!

@1:15 maxi hits Tira with RO A [K], but she JG's the K, but she doesnt seem to recover and punish, She seemed to be in a stun and collapses. that was weird.

@1:29 33K looks like tight as fuck!!

@1:33 old SC2 RC B!!! Fuck yeah!!

@1:47 did that 3A go into LI A? hold up....its seemed like AA went into 3A into LI A??? Did yall see th recovery on that AA?? holy shit thats so much better! AA might be useful again!!

@1:57 BB still goes into stance. Seems he shifted to RC really fast!! But I cant really tell what the shift was from. I would imagine LO since that really hasnt changed in the series.

@2:05...Instant WS A+B? howd he do that??

@2:20...I always like that SC4 WS A animation better than the SC1 one TBH. But I always hated it was a high. New one....mid? ohhhh gangster shit

Holy crap. Im so excited I got to see this. Waiting all day at work was just horrible!! Im pleased with what Ive seen so far. It looks like they really are reading this stuff. They really are hearing what we had to say and what we wanted. Look at that AA...it looks like is has hella good frames!!

Lots of theroy calibur players are speculating that this new JG mechanic will be maxis downfall. Im really interested on more information how that is going to play in the game! I can see where some of thier points are coming from but since so one has played this game other than kayane (who is a beautiful girl, a sick ass tourney player...but shes no maxi player) so what I hear is "grain of salt" type thing!! But the over all Im very very pleased with the changes so far.

Maybe make that 236 A better on frames, lets tighten up BB a little and lets dance homes!!

HRD

maxis stance at the character select screen.....HAS GOT TO GO!!! holy "jazzy, spirit, fingers" batman!!
HRD

Your So Right. Agreed Change that GAY ASS STANCE,
use the one with his foot on his nunchuks..HELL YEAH

I Gave the Most Accurate Analysis. The rest Suck:) LOL;);););) Dont hatelol

Back