Maxi General Q&A

indeed i do but what to he doesn't really have any mind games since most of his cancels and PSL 3 has gone.

I suppose i could go

6A+B(BE)
thats mother fucking power games son

Anyone saying Maxi is a noob character in this game needs their head examined...

They are just mad cuz they get beat by mashers... So when one comes along that knows what hes doing they REALLY mad lol

As of last night I found out a lot of people will not rematch or continue to fight me. I found a few good SF, NM, and a decent Ezio (Crazy right?). None of them would fight me after the first time I played them because "Maxi is a noob character," or "Maxi is too easy." Because of this I'm having a hard time learning how to defeat characters played at high skill levels. If I haven't seen the move before or strung together in a certain manner I can't counter/respond accordingly, and it's hard to see these things if nobody will fight me more than once.

Thats why Ive been sticking to playing 8wr members or people on my friends list. Other players just dont know and take things the wrong way, and I grow tired of dealing with that after 4 years of playing sc online.

I typically open a 3 or 4 man room and leave 1 open slot and the rest private. So that way randoms can come in and get thier ass beat. If they stay, great maybe Ill make a new friend. But most people leave!!

HRD

I can't get rematches or stay in rooms. I'm called a noob everytime simply because I use maxi.
I perfected you 3 times or juggled you with several different combo variations that were all controlled.
Oh well :P
Point them too the CaS chart and tell them to STFU and move on.

What are the ideal moves to guard crush with, assuming the next hit would guard crush? I forsee many guard breaks with very little capitalisation since i can never remember what stance is what in a panic.

What are the ideal moves to guard crush with, assuming the next hit would guard crush? I forsee many guard breaks with very little capitalisation since i can never remember what stance is what in a panic.
6A+B is what I use. It leaves you in neutral so you can go for what ever you like.

44B, 6A+b, 44k aaaaaaaand the first hit of his CE.

I'd say anything that is a single move with low recovery. Such as 33K. However, good luck getting that to guard crush. The reason for this is because a small powerful combo such as 6A+B(BE)~A(BE) does somewhere around 100 damage if memory servers while if you guard crush into a string you may face three different predicaments.

One: You are left in a stance that doesn't lead to any gauranteed power.
Two: You cannot capitalize because of how long your GC move's recovery is.
Three: You get so many hits that your damage is scaled down to nothing.

By far I'd say the 3rd is the worst, simply because of how much work it takes to scale your damage down that much and how little damage a crazy looking combo may end up doing in result.

When an opponent is red I use A+Bg, they crush, and I going right into RC AB rape. Haven't actually got around to testing this situation, but really, I've yet to see anyone with a red bar not break after A+Bg, and with it's speed... It's almost not fair.

When an opponent is red I use A+Bg, they crush, and I going right into RC AB rape. Haven't actually got around to testing this situation, but really, I've yet to see anyone with a red bar not break after A+Bg, and with it's speed... It's almost not fair.
But 6A+B leaves you in neutral for longer more damaging combos.

Hmm, the guard damage on 6A+B is kinda weak though. I don't know, this part of my game is not something I've got around to working out perfectly. Too much I don't know.

I think 6A+B gets the job done pretty good when you get them down in the red. At least it has been working wonders for me. I usually try to get my opponents back facing edge then
6A+B guard burst 3B, 6A+B BE, PSL2 BL K BE for ring outs.

I truley miss the very deceptive range on 33A and RC B. There always seemed to be a phantom hit box range thing on those 2 moves in SC4. Now RC B has half the range it did before.

On a positive note. I love the butt raping damage that he has now!!

Back