Maxi General Q&A

Are they bringing back SC 2? Gotta love 4A+K backdash to Left Inner stance. Sad they never gave Maxi that evasion tool in any other SoulCalibur games. I rely on 4A+K backdash more than the 2_8A+K sidewinder back in the day. And oh yeah X is hella broken in SC2. I can't wait to see anyone who never played SC2 rage over X's overpoweredness.

Reactions: IRM
Hey guys, got a question about how Maxi's stances work in terms of punishment...
Take LI B for example. -5 on guard and goes back into LI. Although this move is -5, since it goes into LI, that means you can't guard after 5 frames, right?

So if you do LI B, it gets blocked, since LI A is i15, is Maxi actually "free" to i19 and below? If Patroklos does JS A (i18) after blocking LI B, is there any way Maxi could block or interrupt it?

So if you do LI B, it gets blocked, since LI A is i15, is Maxi actually "free" to i19 and below? If Patroklos does JS A (i18) after blocking LI B, is there any way Maxi could block or interrupt it?

Ok, I just realized Maxi has B+K aGI on all his stances so that answers my question. But aside from B+K, is there any loop stuff he could do to get safer?

Ok, I just realized Maxi has B+K aGI on all his stances so that answers my question. But aside from B+K, is there any loop stuff he could do to get safer?

Unfortuantly no. Aside from aGI, the LI stance in general is a very un-safe stance. To get out of that Patrokolos situations, yes aGI will save you there, but LI K, has some nice STC properties to go under some mids (if you are really lucky). But for me personally I dont like LI K because of the properties afterwards.

Hey guys, the Maxi frame data wiki says that RO AK and RO A[K] lead into ~LO. I can't get that to happen. Am I doing it wrong? Lol

So i was fucking around with RC A tech trap after LO B ground hit, apparently it hits Back, Front, and IIRC Right tech. idk if this was discovered already but wanted to post it up here for the Maxi Nation to discuss.

So i was fucking around with RC A tech trap after LO B ground hit, apparently it hits Back, Front, and IIRC Right tech. idk if this was discovered already but wanted to post it up here for the Maxi Nation to discuss.

It's listed in my OKI guide, but I didn't even remember it. Not something I've made use of in a long time, but it seems practical enough with RC K beating rolls you should at least be to force them to tech left or stand right into throw mix-ups.

Or more likely just eat RC A and K randomly since most don't recognize any situations against Maxi.

B+K JF's have always been unreliable (to me at least) as whiff punish. To inconsistant input wise for me to rely on it. Wish I could use it consistantly, or they could just make that damn "A" input a few frames bigger on that window. IIRC you have 1 frame to enter that A in the right spot or it wont come out.

I can hit this JF 98% of the time and let me tell you it is a godsend, backstepping a 2A and launching for 86dmg is a dream.

Also stepping to the right and doing it guarentees BT B+K also. I feel all maxi players should at least devote some serious training to this move. it is maxi's best whiff punisher.

I find it's easier if you start mashing the A earlier than you'd expect, around when the last B JF comes out.

Back