Maxi General Q&A

New Exploit Maybe??

It's already covered in my 6A+B Punishment thread. :P

Not sure if I consider it an exploit though. I think PS may have done that to give players a chance to hit her before the fully teleports above. When I tested it long ago, she appears to zip up and down in the middle of teleporting.

how do i use the PSL? i have only one combo that uses it, i think my main problem with it comes from my unfamiliarity of his stance names/positions. i know what does what after a certain move (like 66B~LI) but i've always had a hard time pinpointing his stances. when i consciously think about it, i know what's what but in the heat of battle it never even occurs to me.

Getting a firm grasp of his stances is paramount to a successful maxi. I have several combos that involve a PSL. I mainly am looking for BL K when I do.

I to play a "by the seat of my pants" kind of maxi when Im playing against good players. Cause Im constalty having to change up my stuff in order to have them guess incorrectly.

TBH, there are only a few instances where a PSL is actually in maxi's favor. 3B, 6A+B BE, PSL 2, BLK BE. of course there are plenty of others but you get the idea. I find maxi is best when keeping things simple. 1 or 2 hit strings is about my max unless I was successful in getting a CH, then its all out buttraping time

To add on, spend some time in training mode and work on developing a feel for what stance occurs when. It's more a timing/rhythmic thing than it is recognize a stance by sight then do something. Usually I'm planning a loop transition or two well before I do them.

Reactions: HRD
Getting a firm grasp of his stances is paramount to a successful maxi. I have several combos that involve a PSL. I mainly am looking for BL K when I do.

I to play a "by the seat of my pants" kind of maxi when Im playing against good players. Cause Im constalty having to change up my stuff in order to have them guess incorrectly.

TBH, there are only a few instances where a PSL is actually in maxi's favor. 3B, 6A+B BE, PSL 2, BLK BE. of course there are plenty of others but you get the idea. I find maxi is best when keeping things simple. 1 or 2 hit strings is about my max unless I was successful in getting a CH, then its all out buttraping time
That combo can be tech out of now apparently.....

Ahhh its the only one i could think of at the time.

IRM here is actually is great at mixing up PSL combos and has some sweet vids to show you!

Im such a kiss ass

Back