Maxi techtraps

Zombie has a whole campaign against using BT B+K. I personally love it to. Not only is a GB, its hella quick, pushes back on block like a mofo. I dont really get punsihed for it. Sure its -22 on block, but only a few characters can react to it and punsih on block. I have however incorperated BT 2A, & BT 2K, just for the change of scenery and tech crouching fun.

HRD

BT B+K will definitely get you punished against better opponents. Its still a good tool because its fast, damaging, and keeps your opponent from rushing down your backside. When i play good opponents, I try to use it only enough to make my opponents think twice about attacking my back. Once they respect it, I avoid doing it because it does get you punished.

BT B+K has only 1 or 2 good points to it, being SCD and combo damage, but it's not worth it and opponents looking for this will probably punish you as hard as possible for throwing this out like you think it'll work... If I'm facing a BT Maxi I like running at them to see if they throw out BT B+K just so I can teach them to never use it again... And 1A is +3 on Hit & CH, frames don't lie only people... BT B+K, 66B+K & BT B+K, 236A are my options if it connects, I think BT B+K, 44B is a tech trap but it might be a combo I don't remember... The only time I ever want to see BT B+K is comboing into the Unblockable (4B+K), or in a wall combo... BT A*BT 2B*BT 2A*BT 2K are all better options, BT A is -2 on grd and if guarded I follow up with 2A and yes it can work (TC under i11 Highs), BT 2B catches ground rolls and crouching opponents my mid of choice, BT 2A is a fast TC from BT'd netting +4 on hit, and BT 2K is a risky option being punishable n' all but for Maxi it's worth it for the mixup, and I didn't mention this until now but BT Throw is also a good option...

ill retest 1A when I get the chance what scenario did you use to test it? Ill change the wiki if you are right

and I play high risk high reward maxi so BT B+K doesnt bother me at all with its unsafty if people just stand there and block I throw out BT 2K

I'm posting this setup on behalf of a friend. His XBL gamertag is Clu Gulager if anyone's interested.

4A+B 236B LI B BL B RO K[K] 236B LI B BL B RO K[K] <---that can go on as long as they keep getting up. also you don't need to start with 4A+B, but it's more flashy. you can also start this tech trap with RO K[K]

4A+B 236B LI B BL B RO K[K] 236B 4bK <---that is the way i usually do it. its around 80%+ damage.

there are some slight pauses you must make while doing this tech trap and it requires near perfect timing.

i also have RO K[K] 9K it looks pretty sweet when it hits...kinda tekken-ish.

Back