Maxi techtraps

hotnikkelz

johNNy blaZe
In an attempt to keep combo guide geared towards combos. This thread exists. WIll update first post as more has ben added.

Go ahead guys shoot.

Well SHOOT! lol I would like to see these if their are any ???

isnt WR {A+B} CH , A,A, {B} a tech trap ? if they dont shake the stun... thats like the only one i know lol sad :(

tech traps are moves that hit if a grounded opponent presses guard or tries to roll

Hmm no shit ya think ??

The one i listed above provides knockdown... and if you hold the last hit and they tech it will hit :)

and thanks for clarifying! shit i had no idea what a tech trap was ( Sarcasm )

u're such a sensitive man shelton...for a black guy :p

he has many tech traps, i'm just too lazy to post them up right now

66A is the universal tech roll catcher, as long time and space allow it.

Everybody post your 4[A+B] set ups. =)

These are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

Ch 3B --> ROK,2A
3b to ROk doesn't combo, but if they just sit there the ROk will hit grounded and set up for the tech trap with the low.
hit-all tech
misses- lying still

Ch 3B -- > ROK,B
hit- normal, front, and back tech and lying still
misses- left and right tech

in fact, all RO K options can hit if they decide to do a normal, front or back tech as long as they are within range. RO KK has to be semi charged, ROKA will only hit with the second kick.

ROK,2A --> 66B+K
the 2A has to hit to the side a bit iirc. it's easiest to do if you use ROK, 2A tech trap
hit- normal, front, back, and left tech and lying still
misses- right tech (i think this is the side 66B+K doesn't track to)

ROK, 2A -->44B
this has to be near a wall or edge so if they tech they won't move too far. in a corner it's free I think. I also forget what it hits in the open field.

Anyway can someone double check these? These are all from memory so I may be wrong somewhere or I may have been trying to avoid the move the wrong way. oh, and it might be easier to set up if you use 44B --> ROK since that does combo and still sets up the tech traps.

RO K2A > 66B+K (even from the hitting as tech trap) is failing to hit grounded for me. only seems to hit if they neutral, back or left tech.
RO K2A > 44B is techable to both sides even near wall

tested these maxi vs maxi

Maxi Tech Traps!

I come bearing gifts.

6A+B, PSL2, RO B

Traps front back and normal.

44B PSL2 RC B

Traps front back and normal HOWEVER if you are at very close range when 44B hits, then the RC B will also trap right. (there is very small window right as you enter RC where RC B will be considered a combo and it will be scaled, but it is small and easy to avoid.)

LI K, 66B+K

traps front back and normal (maybe left, I didn't test that one.)

LI K, 44B

forward, normal, back.

LI B, 66B+K

front back and normal, maybe left.

LO BK, 11_77B,

traps all but left.

LO BK 66B+K

forward, back normal and possibly left.

33_99A, 66A

Traps all.

33_99A, 66B+K

front back and normal, possibly left.

It should be noted that all 66B+K traps are very weird, you have to delay slightly. if you do it to fast, it will be a combo and be scaled, if you do it a little too fast it won't register as a combo and will do more damage than if it is registered as a combo yet it still won't do full damage, and it won't launch them. But if you delay long enough it will launch and do full damage.

(I also thought I should mention, at one point while looking for traps off of 33K I got 66A to work, but I spent a good 7 minutes afterwords trying to replicate it and I couldn't get it to work again.)

Maxi Tech Traps!

I come bearing gifts.

6A+B, PSL2, RO B

Traps front back and normal.

LI K, 66B+K

traps front back and normal (maybe left, I didn't test that one.)

LI K, 44B

forward, normal, back.

A few questions:
On 6A+B hit, why would you go for the tech-trap instead of the guaranteed BL B/K damage?

I'm a little confused on the LI K techtraps. On normal hit, LI K doesn't cause knockdown. Are you missing CH notation? And on CH, why would you go for the techtrap instead of the guaranteed damage of 4BBK?

Otherwise, thanks for the research!

Maxi Tech Traps!

A few questions:
On 6A+B hit, why would you go for the tech-trap instead of the guaranteed BL B/K damage?

I'm a little confused on the LI K techtraps. On normal hit, LI K doesn't cause knockdown. Are you missing CH notation? And on CH, why would you go for the techtrap instead of the guaranteed damage of 4BBK?

Otherwise, thanks for the research!

The tech trap off of 6A+B may not be guaranteed, but it offers way more damage than BL B/K, I mean a lot more.

Yes I was missing the CH notation.

44B tech traps into RC B, which leaves you in LO and LO B tech traps off of RC B, and if you do the BK they just blocked the K and you are at advantage OR they got hit by the K and you can now continue the tech trap goodness. Obviously all this offers a whole lot more damage then 4BBK.

I remember trying to find things and failing cause maxi takes too long to recover and they are too far away. stupid CH 33K hits them to the moon, in a bad way

any one else use 44B after RCKK i know you can just which is nice.

RCKK:K is 47 damage in the wiki i think

RCKK is 30 ~ 44B is 34

escapeable left and right i think (and it seems a little off sometimes) but i been using it latly and it seems to work ok

How to do a B+K Reverse Blow from knocked down state.

As the advanced techniques thread in general tactics thread state:

If you are knocked down face away from the opponent a 4+G will put you in back turned state for a very short time.

Knock down, Face away 4G + B+K = Immidiate Reverse Blow from a very unexpected state.

I recently started getting this move into my game and i noticed it's both easy to react to a face away knock down and that it happens more often then I thought. Several moves put you there and some throws. It was quite satisfying to see players starting to back away after knockdown or getting punished in such a painful looking way.

You shouldn't be doing BT B+K, despite being a GB it's -22 or so on grd, very bad, using it in combos is probably the best option...
BT A on the other hand is a bit better, on block you can legally do 2A to continue some pressure seeing as how it's only -2 on grd, but since most people do lows on wake-up and most lows TC, BT A has a chance of whiffing, in that case BT 2A is a great option... But, against Ivys that use SW JMP B on wake-up BT B*BT 2B is great in that situation... In most cases getting up and attacking is pretty bad, the opponent just needs a good wake-up option and if you continue to attack after being knocked down chances are you'll be eating it every time, with Maxi I like 11B and 66B+K for this... On the note of tech traps, I like 4BBK, 66A (needs a slight delay), catches all sides and is probably Maxi's best tech catch... 4BBK, 66A~T!, W!, 3B, PSL 1, BL A, LI K, 4BBK*3B~RO A, etc...

If this has been mentioned consider it a reminder... After LO BK connects, 1A catches F/B/L/R tech if I recall, very good option damage wise and nets +3 on hit...

1A is like +8 I think it was last time I saw the wiki

also BT B+K is so godlike its soooo damn good the hitbox is very yoshi 214a-esqe so damn evasive I <3 BT B+K

Back