[May 2, 2012] Soul Calibur 5 Online Tournament (PSN)

Spring is a big Season for fighting games here at MLG. The Fighter Arena on Saturday, April 28 will feature Soul Calibur V and Mortal Kombat, and both games will also be played, along with King of Fighters XIII, at the Spring Championship. Now, thanks to PlayStation®, Soul Calibur V and Mortal Kombat competitions will also be taking place on GameBattles all Season long.

The Soul Calibur V and Mortal Kombat Online Tournaments, Powered by PlayStation® will give you the chance to hone your skills for the Spring Championship, and win prize money in the process. They're free to enter, anyone can participate, and you can compete in both games with the chance to take home $5,000! Registration is open now; sign up and show everyone what you've got!

Register for the Soul Calibur V Online Tournament | Register for the Mortal Kombat Online Tournament
Prize Money

$5,000 total is on the line for each tournament:
  • 1st Place: $2,500
  • 2nd Place: $1,500
  • 3rd Place: $750
  • 4th Place: $250
Competition Format and Schedule

The format for both tournaments will be a 1v1 ladder which leads into a 32-player double elimination bracket. Both games will be played on PS3.
  • April 27 at noon ET: Registration opens
  • May 2: Ladder play begins
  • May 29, 9pm ET: Registration closes
  • May 30, 9pm ET: Ladder play ends, and Bracket play begins
  • June 2, 12pm ET: Bracket play begins
Please see the rules and competition format for full details:
Soul Calibur V Online Tournament, Presented by PlayStation® Official Rules

Mortal Kombat Online Tournament, Presented by PlayStation® Official Rules

F.A.Q

What countries can participate?

This is open only to U.S. residents (Sorry Canada)

What happens if the match is laggy?

You should replay the match using a new host. If that doesnt work attempt to reconnect until you have a stable enviroment. If you cant, put in a ticket and have the match negated. If it happens in the bracket stage, you can try the new host again but ultimately will have to play it out.

Color Edits on Default Characters? Those are O.K as long as they don't serve as something that no longer makes the characters appear how they should normally in the game. Faces should be visible and nothing else that would obstruct the characters identity should be added. This means no hoods, masks, face paint, horns etc.

Create a Soul Characters?

No

Will this count for seeding or invitation to MLG Anaheim?

No. Although anyone that wins or participates is able to sign up for MLG Anaheim. Personally my opinion is no player that wins an online tournament should be seeded in an offline one.

Sure thing, boss.

And, yeah, not 1b. That low where she hits you in the foot with the tip of her weapon. My bad. Either way, I'm getting hit by a lot of dumb shit right now. And, I don't care too much except it's free money and I happen to like free money, so, if there's anything I can do to obtain free money, I am going to explore that route.

lol. Yeah...this shit ain't happenin'. XD

Oh-em-gee. They need to put a ban on people using 56K in this ish!

Man, off at a bad start...I hate online delay/lag... <_<
Well...at least online tournaments never get the same reputations that offline tournaments deserve.

Yeah, how do you report matches? Also, if it's possible, do not pair me and LP up in the losers bracket for the sake of both of our sanities.

Animefreak wants to hit that report button so hard to report that i indeed got 1 match on NOT Partisan because im godlike.

And that's how you pump yourself up.

Man, off at a bad start...I hate online delay/lag... <_<
Well...at least online tournaments never get the same reputations that offline tournaments deserve.
It is what it is. A tournament, no entree fee, for 2500$ online. It's not reputation that's on the line, it's money up for grabs. can't wait to see you offline.

Anyways, yeah, match reports lolz

The Losers Bracket option is there. At the top it says BRACKET, Losers Bracket and CHamionship Bracket, just click losers bracket. I'm sure it'll fill up once things get reported........ the issue is reporting them

I tried sending messages to the SC5 support on the MLG page, but I am not getting any responses. No idea how to report either. I tried scheduling a match through my opponents profile, but it says you can't schedule ladder matches after may 31st lol. So I'm completely clueless.

Oh-em-gee. They need to put a ban on people using 56K in this ish!

Look bro, I live in the state farthest away from yours, so it is not my connections fault. Plus, I never have this problem with people, even the ones that live in NY (or freakin England for that matter lol). Maybe you should just turn off your computers while our matches are going? =P

I got it working. Used the live support

Brandon
9:32 PM
Howdy
9:32 PM
What is the error you are getting?
9:33 PM
I have fixed the issue
9:33 PM
You should be able to report now.
7796e85f504453ce1c44aec3f4dd1cfc

9:36 PM Enkindu
Thank you.

I heard my opponent is out of town without access to a ps3...it says that we have up to 24 hours within the set time to play.

Yet I bet everyone got that msg saying that matches had to be played at the set time and that there would be no rescheduling.

Do not know what the hell to do. Need to hit up support I suppose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back