Middle Eastern Character?

Middle East Fighter

• Total voters

Thaeonblade

[09] Warrior
We have characters from Europe, Africa, Asia and even North America, but no one from the Middle-East.

Maybe a Mamluk Warrior from the Ottoman Empire?

Thoughts? Combat style? Likely personality?

We have characters from Europe, Africa, Asia and even North America, but no one from the Middle-East.

I was thinking a character with curved blades or like Grieves =3 But I pray they don't have a turban or shout "SALAHAAAADEEEM!!" xD

Patroklos is supposed to be an Ottoman soldier, but I understand people consider Greece more European because of Classical history.

A persian bandit using a variation of Hwang's/Yun's style would be interesting. An Ottoman or Mughal noble would also be great.

We kind of have three already. Astaroth(s) was made in the Palgaea Shrine, which is set in Persia/present-day Iran, according to this. Algol seems very Middle Eastern-influenced if you read the names of his moves in his movelist. The same goes for Zasalamel; it mentions various Mesopotamian deities.

Of the three, I'd say Algol is the most representative of the Middle Eastern region, but the region is so spread out that I'd say there's room to have a more identifiable Middle Eastern character from another part of the Middle East outside of Mesopotamia. A Turkish warrior could work very well, considering the Ottoman Empire is pretty well-established during the series' timeline.

Africa? North America?

Zasa and Rock are gone son

I like how they added Zafina in T6. I want to say that I want somebody like her in SC, but we kinda have Voldo for that. I really don't know, I was thinking some sort of Moroccan influence--and I, for some odd reason, like their style of turbans the best when compared to other Arabic countries.

You bet. :)
I second Norik's answer in a possible Persian or Arabic warrior who has a style similar to Hwang.

I like how they added Zafina in T6. I want to say that I want somebody like her in SC, but we kinda have Voldo for that. I really don't know, I was thinking some sort of Moroccan influence--and I, for some odd reason, like their style of turbans the best when compared to other Arabic countries.
I kind of thought of Viola as the Zafina of SC. Both mysterious, have somewhat flexible moves (she'd probably be second to Voldo). But I understand what you are saying, it'd be cool to see a SC incarnate of her aesthetic.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!
Someone like...
85914_0.jpg
ishizu_ishtar_by_panthers07-d3fb9r9.jpg

vq6qed.jpg
Would be awesome <3

Last edited:
Actually Sett, I got a better one, and probably fits the description Kai might be thinking (and yes, from an actual fighting game, so yeah). :3
win_maherl.png

Prince-of-Persia.jpg

Would jizz again.
The Prince is definitely a cool middle eastern character and I can see a character inspired by him be a warrior in Soul Calibur fitting in easily. :) Heck, I even think the Prince would make a cool guest character.

Actually Sett, I got a better one, and probably fits the description Kai might be thinking (and yes, from an actual fighting game, so yeah). :3
win_maherl.png
That's another good one haha.

Assassin_portrait.jpg

Develop his character a bit: I also considered him to be a mysterious opportunistic jewel thief like catwoman; who wants the soul swords to sell or to make the head bandit more powerful.

I think they could bring back Assassin and have him represent the Middle East but I heard rumors that he was actually Hwang in disguise haha.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!
Someone like...
85914_0.jpg
Ishizu.Ishtar.full.144527.jpg

vq6qed.jpg
Would be awesome <3
Ah good old Isis from Yu-Gi-Oh! I always liked her design and I can see something like this working for if they wanted to introduce a female warrior instead of a male one. I think for a female middle eastern warrior, a dancer type of style would suffice. I personally think a good weapon representation for her would be Sima Yi's weapon from Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires. They were like these invisible wire-like weapons with claws and he used them in a dancing-like manner.

ZWEI should have been a Middle Eastern dude with a scimitar and a djinn instead of the leather daddy German we ended up getting.
His origins are ambiguous, and it's better that way. I like to imagine him being a Gypsy who got lost in the woods as a boy and contracted lycanthropy.

How about instead of using the same overly-used Middle Eastern stereotypical looks like long robes covering faces and Egyptian symbols (Yu-Gi-Oh as a source? Are you fucking serious?), you use something that is a bit more realistic. Remember, Soul Calibur is psuedo-history, not Final Fantasy weeaboo shit.

Something like this would work.
batu_by_paolo_cammeli-d5e2yta.jpg

batu_by_joscomie-d5s3ufb.jpg

Also, I'd like to see actual Native American and African characters included as well if the fighting style fits.

Back