Mirror, Mirror On The Wall: Talim Study Session

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orphen_Punk

[08] Mercenary
Over at the Zasalamel forum they have started doing study sessions online where they get together and just do mirror matches to help improve Zas play. Having participated a little I can say that it did help my Zas some. I wanted to see if any Talim players would be interested in something like this. I think that since Talim is much more complex a fighter than Zas this could be even more useful here. I know there are some great Talim players out there and I think it could help those of us trying to take their Talim to the next level (like me) to play some of the more complete players and try to learn from them.

I play on the PSN, so if anyone is interested just send me a message. Otherwise, peace.

Mirror, Mirror On The Wall: Talim Study Sessio

I'll give you a few matches the next time I'm online if we have a good conection, I'm not the best talim by far though.

online games for character study?

Seriously?

Is there any other way?

I mean, if you don't live near anyone else who's a member at this site, or don't know anyone in real life who's actually good at this game, isn't online the only other alternative? Strickly practicing against the A.I. gets really boring (or annoying) after a while you know.

I dont think mirror matches would be a good way to study Talim... The things that make Talim weak can't be punished by Talim herself.

Yeah, I agree with Jaxel. Though Talim can punish herself (and better than most might think) she just can't take advantages of her own weaknesses quite like the other characters will. If you really want to get better with Talim, the best thing is to gain experience against them.

Though, I personally think Talim v. Talim matches are a lot of fun. I guess there's something to be said for maybe seeing different setups with her, or combos/mixups you weren't aware of. Good if you're new to using her I'd say, but not for a real study.

Well, naysayers or not, I think that they should help. No, they probably won't show all her problems and weaknesses, but any battle is one you can learn from. I know I do.

Lets get some matches going (though, my talim is still a little on the weak side)

I must say that of all match-ups I had online, Talim vs Talim is a completely different battle then versus the other characters. I guess it is because you know your opponents whole moveset so the blocking and punishing part is a bit easier. However I am up or some *study* battles. Or regular ^^.

Hey if anyone else has a better idea, then let's hear it. There are only two talims here in chicago, and this study sounds all right in my book. So, Punk and anyone else for some Talim dittos, I'll be happy to play you. And I might even record some if I feel like it.

Hey if anyone else has a better idea, then let's hear it. There are only two talims here in chicago, and this study sounds all right in my book. So, Punk and anyone else for some Talim dittos, I'll be happy to play you. And I might even record some if I feel like it.

If you have it on PS3 I'm game. Don't got it on 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back