Missing character discussion

....Here are my thoughts....

Taki: First of all, I never mained as her. I tried her out, I liked her style but it wasn't for me. Now, for the people who are saying things like " OMG I MISS HER TITS AND HER ASS" get your hand off your dick ( or off your vagina, whatever the case maybe) Taki didnt have the greatest and shiniest personality but she had presence and thats what counts in my book. I really liked her quotes from SC2-SC4 such as " your wasting my time, lets go" or "At least your stance looks good heh." In a way she sounded cocky but in a formal way. She will be missed...she'll probably make it back but I'm not so sure.

Natsu: I dont see why people call her a wannabe Naruto...I just dont see it. She doesnt think shes the best ( thats Cassandra) she doesnt have spiky blonde hair, or a dick, oh and i never heard her mention wanting to be a hokage or whatever it is he wants to be. Now sure they both have demons inside them, big deal. I like Natsu's personality mainly because of they way she speaks. It could be better...but hey they got SC6 to develop right? Natsu reminds me of a younger Taki. I get a feeling she'll have somewhat of the same personality as she grows older ( she's like 17 right?) she'll get more mature. But if PS comes out with the next game and Natsu has boobs the size of torpedos...I think ill cry. All I'm saying is give her a chance :p

Pyrrha:...Now I know she recieves alot of hate for the "I'm sorry" and the 2356b scream but think about it...she's scared to fight. If I got handed a sword and shield and was told to slash other people i think i would be a little scared.
Regarding her clothes and rack as some people mentioned earlier...Pyrrha does have big boobs. Not Ivy ( sophie, taki) size but nice, normal, ones. When it comes to style of dressing, I think she leans towards her aunts way of dressing..maybe a mix-mash either way I think Pyrrha will remain a modest dresser. Maybe paTROLLklos will be the "slut" LOL..

Okay now that that's done....Yes we miss our missing veterans but we have to embrace the new. Honestly, I prefer Pat's and Pyrrha's style over Cass/Sophie...mainly cus its easier to learn and that's a drawback because it IS easier to learn. We can rant and rage to PS about taking out the vets. but eventually some of them will go away....( like Mitsurugi and Seigy..and Voldo.) They cant live forever unless they pull an Ivy-excuse.

Also regarding the anime/JRPG cliches....didn't they base the game or alot of its factors on anime? I remember Daishi ( i think) talking about how they used anime or something like that so of COURSE we're going to get things like "young villager" or Patty...or Pyrrha ( a "moe" type character) or a cocky-ninja.

And remember people's it's just a game, it WILL end someday -_-; Even though I wouldnt like that...But I cant expect for PS to constantly make new SC's over and over again, trying to improve it every time. Its hard work.
Sigh...
Well thats my slice of this messy pie...enjoy..

Right. We have a game that has 26 or so characters and is still very well balanced. I'm no game designer, but reason tells me that if they can handle 26, they can handle 28 or 30.
But why is it that they never go past 30 characters? SCIII has technically done it with the CaS styles, but those styles were considered broken and non-competitive. Tekken 6 went over the 40 mark, but then again a lot of characters used similar animations.

Just because they haven't done it doesn't mean they couldn't. I'm sure 26 is a very difficult juggling act to get them all on an even keel. I don't personally think adding 4 more would increase the difficulty that much. But, I don't know anything about game design. I'm just reasoning this in my head.

Really, they could probably get away with just adding 3. That would give us Talim, Zas and Yun. They're really the only styles that are completely missing as far as casual dress-ups are concerned. I could argue that Taki and Mina are not represented either, and from a gameplay perspective, that's correct, but I can make a decent Taki CAS with Natsu's style and be happy with it. I could make do with just those 3 additional styles.

Remember Tekken? Yeah... so unbalanced and far too many characters.

I want some veterans back like you do... but I don't want it to turn into Tekken.

BR is actually pretty balanced from what I hear. I'm a total scrub at Tekken though. Kane could speak better on the subject.

I love it when people use the word "personality" in regards to any Soul Calibur character other than Tira.

Fix'd
awesomen.gif

Thoughts on the lost characters, though?

Olcadan: More fun and more of a prick than Edge Master, in every way better. He's to Edge Master as Astaroth is to Rock. Simply better, making the original far obsolete.

Necrid: Really, I think Algol makes a better character. Necrid is a boring monster man with nothing going for him. I say there's only room on any SC roster for one guy that creates weapons out of his own body AND THE MIGHTY ALGOL'S HAMMINESS DOES NOT ALLOW FOR OTHERS!

guest/bonus characters: They're gone and never coming back, that's all there is to it. Ashlotte was semi-canon apparently and disassembled to make an army of Astaroths, that's the best guest character fans are going to get and there is simply no point in discussing it. Well, that and being eaten by Aeon.

Taki: Here's hoping her apprentice quickly grows up and has a similar figure, but honestly she isn't better than Narutsu beyond her tits. Narutsu has an annoying personality, Tits McGee has none at all. I like tits too, but it's nice when a character has something more going for them than their tits. Taki didn't.

Seung Mina: I think she's a real anomaly amongst fighting game characters. She dressed decreasingly trashy with each game, gaining more clothing and improving her personality as well. By the time of IV, I thought she was pretty awesome honestly. The energy and positivity she just seemed to emanate were awesome. Changing how her name was spelled each game wasn't though. I know nothing of romanizing Korean, so I'll stick with my preferred spelling thank you.

Yunseung: Korean Pattycakes. He's always been an insufferable tool, but his moveset is very much awesome. I guess on the positive side he wasn't made the central protagonist any time >.>

Zasalamel: Bamco is racist. S'all I'm saying.

Talim: I thought the Japanese loved lolis like her. The fact that she isn't in SCV or even mentioned in the Japan-only artbook is weird as hell. They couldn't say that her ridiculous purity bullshit kept her from aging too? Seems like the swords existing at all is like...anti-wind-y or something. Just against her schtick.

Charade: Though it looked cool, it has no place and no reason to exist. It's been basically absorbed back into Soul Edge story-wise, if memory serves.

Night Terror: The artbook's blurb about it sure as hell made it sound like the true final boss for SCV. I sure as hell would've loved to see that happen...Just someone other than Pattycakes for the finale. Like maybe choose your own character to kill it. That would be nice >.>

Rock: Proto-Astaroth has been obsolete since his replacement. Pointless.
Bangoo: Wouldn't mind seeing him become a playable character, even for what little sense it would make.

do you really not get it? or is this sarcasm on the internet again?
We really need a sarcasm font. That would be soo cool.

Now for on topic discussion:
Am I seriously the only one who thought rock was cool? I'm just gonna say fuck tiers and I don't care if it was damn near impossible to win with Rock. Big ass dude with a mace from the new world who wears a goddamn mammoth on his head? Rock's a total badass. Astaroth can go die in a skiing accident.

Am I seriously the only one who thought rock was cool?
Not at all, at least not as a character. I think it was just a case of a cool concept being mishandled, or rather, not handled at all. The only regular cast member affiliated with (what would later become) the USA deserved better, I think.

In terms of gameplay, though, I regularly found myself at a loss whenever playing as Rock. I don't even like playing slow-but-strong characters to begin with, but this dude was just on another level. I don't know what it was.

Setsuka-It's going to really suck seeing her go. I miss everything about her: her geisha/oiran-inspired attire, her weapon, her stages, and that "onna bugeisha" personality. However, SCIV was proof enough that PS didn't know what to do with Setsuka, or any character for that matter. I honestly couldn't get used to Patroklos replacing her (I still don't), but this does leave a possibly of it being only one S&S user in the next game: Pyrrha.

Seong Mina-I loved her personality the most and her attire, but it was pretty evident that she was placed on the sidelines HARD. She spent nearly 3 games looking for Yun-Seong, and since PS felt that her family was horrible at teaching her the longsword style, they figured that Seong Mina was more suitable being taught by Edgemaster to fight like Kilik, and then some. It was obvious that Seong Mi-Na had ran her course. I'm going to miss her though.

Taki-Same situation as Seong Mi-Na. She had potential, but PS really ruined it. I find Natsu to be a worthy upgraded successor for her, and a cheap one at that.

Cassandra-She was good in SC2, until all they made her out to be was a scantily clad, and bouncy version of Sophitia. I'm not going to miss her that much. If she does appear, I hope she has had some maturity.

Sophitia-To have such a major character die in a gruesome, but heroic fashion, really makes me cry. *tear*. It really is interesting though that she has died, so it could affect her children in a corrupt, or somber way. I am going to miss her though. Sophitia "I will never forget you."

Yun-Seong-Not saying good-bye to him just yet.

Talim-Same as Yun-Seong.

Zasalamel-Same as Talim and Yun-Seong.

Rock-Bangoo..........enough said.

Link is the reason why I got into soul calibur in the first place
Yeah thats all i wanted to say, y'all can continue with your tits and ass argument.

......I can't help it, i had to join, yeah i miss that ass too, just as much as you guys.

Link is also the reason i played SC2 for the first time. My brother was actually the one who got the game and he only got it because of Link.

Back