Mitsurugi General Discussion and Q&A

which of mitsurugi's verticals are good at tracking? and which direction do they track? I am getting sidestepped so often lol.

which of mitsurugi's verticals are good at tracking? and which direction do they track? I am getting sidestepped so often lol.
4B tracks all, no joke. Also, if you're close, the 6B series CAN catch step (i believe it's left)

But in all seriousness...

4B tracks better than a throw!

Most mitsu moves must be stepped to your left
Moves that track well against left step:
66b, 4b, 3bA+B+K 2nd hit only, 66a+b, 4A(can be stepped right on close range), 3a (can be stepped on some chars under some conditions)

Moves that track right sidestep:
33k, 3b, 1b, 236b, bA(can be stepped left on close range), fc1B, 6b8, 6b, b6

2kb may also wiff different sidesteps if done at advantage

Nah just the MST B cancel that leaves the stance immediately. Was kind of wondering about the frames on it but I guess I'll have to test myself.

Does anyone else like to pretend to be Nightmare with Mitsu and just backstep into whiff punish? His backstep gets some crazy distance.

Does anyone else like to pretend to be Nightmare with Mitsu and just backstep into whiff punish? His backstep gets some crazy distance.

What move do you use for your whiff punishing? 33/99B --> 236B? I know Mitsu has a really good backstep but I'm too 4B dependent at the moment, however I've started working his backstep into my game more.

yeah, it's kinda hard to react to when the window for pressing 6 is so small. the hand had to be ready to press 6 by the time 4B was inputted.

I truly hate this game compared to the others mainly because Rugi is the only character I play with. Why would they completely change a characters mechanics so drastically?

I truly hate this game compared to the others mainly because Rugi is the only character I play with. Why would they completely change a characters mechanics so drastically?
He may be a bit simplified but it can't be said that he's not sooooo good in this game. And that translates to winning more which is always more fun than losing.

He may be a bit simplified but it can't be said that he's not sooooo good in this game. And that translates to winning more which is always more fun than losing.

If he were soooo good in this game I wouldn't be complaining. My wins in past soul caliburs with rugi to this one doesn't even compare. And I think a bit simplified is an understatement. I mean my God bring back relic at least. They don't have to flow into mist but relic wow. I have a hatred for this game. A meter?!? but Why?????

Meter adds more complexity to the game. I thought you hated simplification.

the meter makes it so anyone if they choose can press a button and magically win the round. For an example, Nightmare. My God really?!

Back