Mitsurugi Matchups Chart

I tried to do the same "i duck until i see RLC B" strategy with Cervantes but i got hit by it quite a lot of time. Maybe my reflexes arent trained enough, though.. Maybe there was a bit of lag. who knows.

Its not like it didnt work, but im sure there was also anticipation involved. Or maybe im just old. I think from 20 on your reflexes get worse and worse :P

BTW, i think i agree with 6:4 Cervantes against Mitsu. Cervantes has ways to deal a lot of damage for guessing right, Cervantes has the upperhand in closerange. Then again i think Mitsu has advantage on Midrange, his 1A is annoying as hell since there is no way to punish it properly + tiny lag on the screen and you have a problem.

But overall i think 6:4 is justified...i always had the feeling its more 5:5 but i think that was due to my incability to handle some of his stuff. After researching in theory i think its 6:4, i also had much better results in the last time against our local Mitsu.

Doc: Yep. Theory just tend to fail against mitsu, too hard to punish everything properly. and iGDR is a justframe. I made this numbers believing ppl execute perfectly and punish properly most of the time.

ya id say cervys at disadvatage but if you look at it theory fighter were you block alot of 2KB's and punish with iGDR and the mitsu player is playing unsafe then i guess it could be at cervys advanteage. I just think mitsu is better than cervy though.

An idiot can use mitsu it doesn't take much BB,1A,2KB by far the easiest char too main. The matchup wit ivy i'm not sure but it has too be in ivy favor.

An idiot can use mitsu it doesn't take much BB,1A,2KB by far the easiest char too main. The matchup wit ivy i'm not sure but it has too be in ivy favor.

ya no it doen't just cause youve managed to beat all the mitsu's you've played by lag spamming them does not mean its in ivys favor i think she's actually good at keeping the opponent out of his best range but she also kinda blows at punishing him and mitsu is solid as fuck anyways.

well yea belial, those are the reasons shes low-tier...but there is nothing mitsu can do that would put the match at such an askew matchup...in fact i think she this is one of her good matchups...

While I wouldn't say that this is necessarily a good matchup for Talim, I would agree that this seems like a 6:4 in Mitsu's favor as opposed to a 7:3 for a lot of the reasons you specified. WL is decent against RLC. While it's not a 100% answer (I don't think anyone really has one), It will at least keep them from attacking immediately.

Also, as you stated, Talim has really good whiff punishment tools; particularly post-step. I believe this aspect of her game is underrated and is possibly her strongest feature.

Short range can be a real issue here due to Mitsu's 4B, and his RLC B pushing out on block. She can punish it but at specific ranges. She does get some decent punishes on Mitsu though. Most of which knock down, RO, and lead to ground pressure.

Belial, I'm curious as to what is needed to make a character strong against Mitsu's stances in particular if they don't have something like Asura or some all-purpose defensive tool.

Zero: Asura isnt such a great defencive tool against stance. since it tend to occasionally lose to RLC B, RLC K and its easy to RLC A or aGI it on reaction for a lot of damage. Its of course useful, just not great.

I think the key points to dealing with RLC stance is some kind of high moves with good range, high-mid strings with range are best (Astaroth AB, Setsuka 6AA, Kilik AAB etc) , this can limit relic at far range or at least force an RLC B or hesitation. Low moves especially low moves that track are also decent for that purpose (X 3AK, Amy 1A etc). But there are still powerful options mitsu can do usually. This is shown in this vid
, evasive moves like Kilik 1B or X 2_8*B are very nice at range against stance.

Upclose in general, to manage with stance you need to look for damaging solutions. So when you guess right you get good reward. Using solution that is "safer" but does tiny damage is the way to quickly lose. So when character has some kind of powerful punishment and powerful FC moves you can think he's good to deal with stance. But there is nothing that can shut down stance completely and damage from stance is very big.

Sorry dude but this post shows that you mostly play online and not enough offline. You speak of Mitsu BB,1A, and 2KB like it's Hilde C3A or something. You named some normal ass moves with Mitsu, a Mitsu that only uses those moves will get beat all fuckin day long, well offline at least. You are right about Mitsu's online that can get by using just those moves and that shows just how shitty online is. That's why I've stopped playing online permanently, cuz it fuckin sucks.

Like Lost Providence said, play offline.

Belial, now that you have played a wide array of highly skilled players using different characters at the WGC, has your opinion changed with Mitsu's matchup against certain characters? For example the way it changed on Voldo...

Belial, now that you have played a wide array of highly skilled players using different characters at the WGC, has your opinion changed with Mitsu's matchup against certain characters? For example the way it changed on Voldo...

You sir get down to the TX and lets get some Mitsu mirror matches on! ;)

greatone: ah no, it hasnt. Maybe on vs Maxi, b/c Saitoh tell me its 6:4 not 7:3. I dont think so but I believe and respect Saitoh and matchups are hard to figure out.

I believe Mitsu vs Apprentice would be around 5:5. They're both about even in stepping, mix ups, and power. Mitsu's stances can be troublesome if used in rapid succession if the player isn't use to pulling someone out of them with A+B. App can distance himself easily, however Mitsu's 9 A+B can cover that distance quite easily. Both have decent tech traps, so on so forth, so I'd call it even between the two.

Okay a small change in numbers. Now I think Amy vs Mitsu is 5:5 or even 6:4 Amy. Stance isnt spammable vs her, basic mixup fails. Mitsu huge hitbox otg prevents any reasonable getaway strats that some other chars can do. Amount of effort isnt fun. Even with some powerful tools like FC 1B , 8wr22_88A , combos connecting prefectly on her and nice wake up he is still a bit behind imo. Main problem being generally inability to apply any decent mix up or punishment to her main strategy like 2B+K, 3B etc.

Raphael is 5/5 or maybe worse , due to raph just being bad.

Kilik is 3/7
Setsuka is 3/7
Lizard is 5/5
Sophitia is most probably 3/7
Yoshi is 5/5 or 4/6
Zas I am no longer sure if its adv for zas. cant say anything detailed

Okay a small change in numbers. Now I think Amy vs Mitsu is 5:5 or even 6:4 Amy. Stance isnt spammable vs her, basic mixup fails. Mitsu huge hitbox otg prevents any reasonable getaway strats that some other chars can do. Amount of effort isnt fun. Even with some powerful tools like FC 1B , 8wr22_88A , combos connecting prefectly on her and nice wake up he is still a bit behind imo. Main problem being generally inability to apply any decent mix up or punishment to her main strategy like 2B+K, 3B etc.

Raphael is 5/5 or maybe worse , due to raph just being bad.

Kilik is 3/7
Setsuka is 3/7
Lizard is 5/5
Sophitia is most probably 3/7
Yoshi is 5/5 or 4/6
Zas I am no longer sure if its adv for zas. cant say anything detailed

Wow, those numbers are wild. I can't say that I disagree with any of it. I really think people overestimate Mitsu's place against a lot of these characters. Not saying he's a low tier-character by any means but he has some pretty tough matchups against the better characters.

Also Belial, have you seen any of the comments concerning you attending NEC?

Algol - 6/4 mitsu
Amy - 6/4
Astaroth - 5/5
Cassandra - 4/6
Cervantes - 5/5
Darth Vader - 5/5
Hilde - 6/4
Ivy - 5/5
Kilik - 4/6
Lizard - 5/5
Maxi - 4/6
Nightmare - 5/5
Raphael - 4/6
Rock - 4/6
Mina - 4/6
Sestuka - 6/4
Siegfried - 5/5
Sophitia - 6/4
Taki - 5/5
Talim - 4/6
Apprentice 6 /4
Tira - 4/6
Voldo - 6/4
Xianghua - 5/5
Yoda -
Yoshitmitsu - 5/5
YunSeong - 4/6
Zasalamel - 4/6

wtf how can you think Mitsu has an advantage over Kilik? Btw you should always post them from the view of Mitsu, otherwise its really confusing....

please elaborate on Mitsu-Kilik....

Back