Modding SoulCalibur 3

I believe I read somewhere that it's possible to port movesets from SC2 > SC3. I'm getting back into SC3, and I'm going to see how far I can get with a hex editor and Olk explorer. The first thing I was going ot try was switching Amy and Raphael's data. If that goes well, then I was going to attempt something more complex like trying to put Link's moveset in.

I've run into an issue involving the installation of CD DVD Generator 2.0. When I double click the SETUP.exe, it shows the 32-bit Setup Launcher in the Task Manager, however it doesn't pop up as a window anywhere. I'm on Windows 8 64 Bit. I'm seriously stumped. I've tried running it as Administrator and under various compatibility modes, but nothing seems to work.

EDIT: Downloaded an older version of CD DVD Gen (1.50), which can be downloaded here for anyone else having issues getting it to work on Win 7/8. I was also successful in swapping Raphael's moveset out in favor of Amy's, gonna see what else I can fiddle with.

EDIT 2: This is about as far as I got.
I6JBPS8.jpg

She's fully functional and all. It's nothing that hasn't been posted in this thread before.

I had trouble locating a list of what character corresponds with what file number for Soul Calibur II, but I went ahead and attempted to port a random character model from Soul Calibur II over Cassandra's P1 costume. I used the PS2 version of SCII because I figured I should if I'm using the PS2 version of SCIII. The only thing that happened was that when I hovered the cursor over Cassandra, her model would just be in the "Loading" state. I could switch to her alternate costumes just fine, and they would load, but P1 would simply refuse.

The next thing I attempted was porting a moveset from SCII, again, I had no list of what file is what, so I just had to go with what seemed intuitive. I replaced Cassandra's moveset with a mystery moveset from SCII. I could select her character but when the game tried to load the stage, it would simply hang.

So I end my post with a few questions: Has anyone successfully ported models/movesets from SCII into SCIII or vice versa? Where is character select icon and name data stored (so I can change that Raphael icon and "RAPHAEL" text to Amy's appropriate items.)?

Maybe it is too late but... The character icons are stored within the File3-File38-File1 as a hex code. You will need to edit it. As for the names, in executable file.

Good to see you are back in business!

Could you please do me a favor when you have a chance?

I'm attaching a different version of OLK Explorer, I believe this version should be able to better identify MMP sound files within ROOT.OLK for Soulcalibur 2 or Soulcalibur 3 PS2 & SC3 Arcade Edition versions, (it won't work well with gamecube or Xbox versions), anyway if it works it might save us some time in identifying sound files when modding the Playstation 2 version of those games.

Please let me know if it works ok.

http://topazgaming.tk/sc3-modding/

I have revamped this topic on my website to help it getting spread. Also I have given the credit to Ooofmatic for helping us out.

Could you take a look at it? Thanks.

~AnonymousModder

AnonymousModder, in this website you say that Inferno will have only one weapon with his AE moveset, but to fix this glitch you need to import his moveset into a character that also has two swords, such as Revenant.

Conmfirmed that File624 is Olcadan Ex. File625 is Abyss Mov. and File626 is Abyss Exh. here is no NT moveset there.

It's also possible that Abyss's moveset is actually an extension to Zasalamel's moveset. When I accidentally put Tira's moveset into Zasalamel, Abyss also used Tira's moveset. And it's also possible that Abyss's moveset also contains NT's moveset, as an extension to Nightmare.

It's also possible that Abyss's moveset is actually an extension to Zasalamel's moveset. When I accidentally put Tira's moveset into Zasalamel, Abyss also used Tira's moveset. And it's also possible that Abyss's moveset also contains NT's moveset, as an extension to Nightmare.
When I replace Zasalamels Moveset with Abyss, They both got broken. So, yes. It is possible.

Thanks to TopazHacker's method, it is now possible to replace the character select icons
within Soulcalibur 3, attached is a TXT with the "icon addresses" located so far within:

ROOT.OLK > FILE3 > FILE 38.PKG
File1.unk - 85 instances found
File2.unk - 33 instances found
File3.unk - 5 instances found

All the icons referenced within those files seem to have the following format:

ICONS - HEADER (hex bytes)

START -
03 00 00 00 00 80 00 10 0E
END
00 00 09 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Knowing this, it is possible to search for this pattern within ROOT.OLK,
to try and locate similar content, so far 3 files appear to contain this pattern, but an in-depth search is still pending.

Here's the info for Mitsurugi's icons within ROOT.OLK > FILE3 > FILE 38.PKG > File1.UNK

Mitsurugi 1P ICON (OFFSET 0000 6380)
03 00 00 00 00 80 00 10 0E 00 0E 00 3A 00 2E 00 61 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 15 00 00 00 00 00 5C 2D 4C 6D 30 99 85 AB 05 20 07 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0A 40 0E 00 B4 00 00 00 09 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Mitsurugi 2P ICON (OFFSET 0000 63C0)
03 00 00 00 00 80 00 10 0E 00 0F 00 3A 00 2E 00 61 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 15 00 00 00 00 00 70 2D 60 6D 30 99 05 AE 05 20 07 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0A 40 0E 00 B4 00 00 00 09 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

If the above hex values are exchanged with each other at the indicated offset,
1P & 2P icons will be reversed for Mitsurugi.

ROOT.OLK > FILE3 > FILE 38.PKG > File1.UNK

The following image shows the icon data at offset 0000 7400 within File1.unk (Aurelia),
selected in deep blue is what needs to be replaced for that particular icon slot to
change to whatever icon is desired, copy paste from a different offset works
when using hex-values. Make sure to copy the whole & exact byte sequence to
avoid unwanted effects, they all appear to have a string length of 40.

(The offset and hex values for most character icons are included in the TXT file)

Notice how the bonus character icons have changed as well as Mitsurugi.

ICON_HEXEDIT_AURELIA_INFERNO_2.jpg

Attachments

• SC3 ICONS.txt
    20.2 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Cool stuff, AnonymousModder.

I know I've asked previously, probably a year or so ago at this point, but would it be possible to move costume data from SC2 into SC3? I'm sure the file format is largely the same, however I don't know enough to get started trying to do something like that.

Also, is it possible to swap out the color edit costumes? For example, if you had Seigfried's 1p and 2p default, but then swapped his color edit costumes with Nightmare for example, would that even work?

It is possible to swap the edit colors with normal, but you will not be able to edit them in any way. As for model importing, as I said in your SC2 Import thread. There is a friend of mine who succedded. But had so many bugs, the model could not move. And if hit, the game would freeze. The engines are different.

If it is possible. I will make "Unknown Soul" on SC2 using the GreedXplorer and SC3 Narrator voices after the alpha ver. of SC3: Remade Edition is released.

It is possible to swap the edit colors with normal, but you will not be able to edit them in any way. As for model importing, as I said in your SC2 Import thread. There is a friend of mine who succedded. But had so many bugs, the model could not move. And if hit, the game would freeze. The engines are different.

It seems like theres some good progress there, character models appear to be somewhat complex, why not try to first convert from SC2 to SC3 a much simpler static model, such as a small static weapon from Xianghua, if the game engine is at least able to display it at any point, then it might be possible to further refine the attempt.

I see, so in a sense, we could use the edit color slots a 's a 3P/4P slot should the necessity arise.

Byros, that's what I was thinking. Trying a static mesh first to see how that goes.

I think y'all can see what I'm trying to get at here; Port SC2 costumes to SC3 into the edit color slots, but that seems like a bit of a pipe dream currently. It would be much more simple if we could extract the SC2 models, rig the SC2 models to SC3 bones, and then import them, however I don't see that happening any time soon

If someone ever succeed in porting the models completely, they can edit the model to make it color editable by removing their textures... BTW, I have detected the "Default System" in SC3. If a model has no voices of files in default. This will what happen:

Character:
No Model/Texture - Mitsurugi will be used.
No File2 - Unknown
No File3 - Narrator will say "Mitsurugi"
No File4 - Game will crash at the end if not replaced with "Mitsurugi"
No File5 - Unknown
No File6 - Nothing will happen diffrently
No File7 - Character will have Inferno/Revenant/Keres' Voice

Weapons:
No Model/Texture - Will have Shinshi-Oh!
No Sound Effect - Will have the normal weapon sound

Weapons:

Great find! If you insert a blank space instead of the weapon sound (File6.mmp) within the weapon PKG,
the file size is lowered a lot, while using the default weapon sound, so exchanging weapons between slots & characters without triggering an increase in the overall file size of ROOT.OLK is possible, this in-order to avoid TLB miss errors and other unwanted effects. :sc1sig1:

Weapons:

Great find! If you insert a blank space instead of the weapon sound (File6.mmp) within the weapon PKG,
the file size is lowered a lot, while using the default weapon sound, so exchanging weapons between slots & characters without triggering an increase in the overall file size of ROOT.OLK is possible, this in-order to avoid TLB miss errors and other unwanted effects. :sc1sig1:
Yes. BTW I just got premium!!! The mod SC3: Remade Edition will be released in a short time. 4 Days left :D

Back