Modding SoulCalibur 3

Is there a breakdown as to what is what within each character's FileXXX.pkg? Is that what you're talking about in this post?

Is it possible to do away with the "Bonus Character" slot as a whole and slot a character there instead of having the pop up menu character selection?

I've found that when I swap Amy with Siegfried (Moveset and Model) as well as swapping her weapons with Siegfried's weapons that the weapons are comically large. Is there a solution to this?

G711XUs.jpg

I'm also curious as to where the Character Select pose is stored. Anyone have any ideas?

Nobody knows where is the char selection poses. And yes, it is possible. As for the weapons, unfortunatly you will have to replace the whole .pkg file to fix this.

Is there a breakdown as to what is what within each character's FileXXX.pkg? Is that what you're talking about in this post?

Is it possible to do away with the "Bonus Character" slot as a whole and slot a character there instead of having the pop up menu character selection?

I've found that when I swap Amy with Siegfried (Moveset and Model) as well as swapping her weapons with Siegfried's weapons that the weapons are comically large. Is there a solution to this?

G711XUs.jpg

I'm also curious as to where the Character Select pose is stored. Anyone have any ideas?

Character Selection Images Modding:

This part is hard as you can easily break your game. You will need Hex Editor exactly for this. The database for the Images is at File3-File38-File1. You will need open it with that Hex Editor.

There are 3 known columns:

-Existence Codes

-Colour, Hue and Saturation Codes

-Those Images.

To get to images, you will need to find the first hex code, you must your settings to 16 characters per line in order to find it. The Random Selection Button which is this:

…..€……:…
a………….H,
@l@™.‰……….
@..´…………

Then you will need to find the other hex code. No matter what, All of the codes are 4 Lines as shown by default line output in hex editor and it always starts with €.

I will give you a list to make your job easier. But remember do not EVER copy from the text file. Always copy from the Unk file. If you copy from the text file, the dots will seen as 2E not 00, A0, etc. If you mess with Existence or Colour codes, The game will freeze or will not display some elements.

Attachments

• SC3 ICONS.txt
    20.2 KB · Views: 241
Thanks I appreciate it!

As far as replacing the weapon.pkg files, I thought that was exactly what I did-- Extracted each rapier.pkg and replaced them with each greatsword.pkg. Is there a more in depth process I should be doing?
I guess that the weapon automactially sizes. Sorry for typos.

My current theories for this are similar to my theories on the character select poses. Either the poses and weapon sizes are stored in a different File _.olk, or Olkexplorer isn't appropriately replacing all of the data within each character's File___.pkg

EDIT: Upon further testing, it seems that the game also automatically determines which hand to place the weapon in. For example, placing Amy's model and weapons on Sophitia result in her using her Rapier in the wrong hand.

0UsgTw5.jpg

However, when an attacking animation occurs, the Rapier is placed in the proper hand, but only for the duration of that attack.

l8D9tWf.jpg

I'm sure all of this has been discovered before, but I'm posting it just in case.
Yes. They were dicovered. But I like your style.

Do we have any information as to what is stored within the different File__.olks? More specifically the location of the character select screen? I have a feeling the different character poses are stored in the character select pkg.

Char Selection Screen = File3-File38-File1 Exactly.

In page 6, Byros has explained all of the contents.

Here's yet another version of OLK Explorer (V 0.04), this one tries to detect additional file types within Soulcalibur III for PlayStation 2:

OLK - Container file, same as version 0.02
PKG - Package file, same as version 0.02
VMP - Most character, weapon & stage 3D models are detected.
VXT - Texture bundle (Images)
MMP- PS2 sound container.
UNK - Any other file type.

Notes:
When used for PS2 Soulcalibur II game assets, most files will be detected as .UNK just as OLK Explorer version 0.02
VMP - Detects most 3D models that contain the header (09 0E 1C), might still miss some others such as (09 00 1C)
MMP - Seems to properly detect MMP sound container files among PS2 Soulcalibur II & Soulcalibur III versions. (No playback)
VXT - Seems to detect images that contain the header (03 04 04), still missing those with (02 04 04) or any other header.

It should enable to identify file types much faster within ROOT.OLK, to help speed up modding.
Happy modding! :sc2nm1:

1_OLK_Explorer_V004.jpg

2_OLK_Explorer_V004.jpg

Attachments

• PS2 SC3 OLKexplorer 004.zip
    702.8 KB · Views: 639
Last edited:
Here's yet another version of OLK Explorer (V 0.04), this one tries to detect additional file types
within Soulcalibur III for PlayStation 2:

OLK - Container file, same as version 0.02
PKG - Package file, same as version 0.02
VMP - Most character, weapon & stage 3D models are detected.
VXT - Texture bundle (Images)
MMP- PS2 sound container.
UNK - Any other file type.

Notes:
When used for PS2 Soulcalibur II game assets, most files will be detected as .UNK just as OLK Explorer version 0.02
VMP - Detects most 3D models that contain the header (09 0E 1C), might still miss some others.
MMP - Seems to properly detect MMP sound container files among PS2 Soulcalibur II & Soulcalibur III versions. (No playback)
VXT - Seems to detect images that contain the header (03 04 04), still missing those with (02 04 04) or any other header.

It should enable to identify file types much faster within ROOT.OLK, to help speed up modding.

Happy modding! :sc2nm1:

1_OLK_Explorer_V004.jpg

2_OLK_Explorer_V004.jpg
Thank you sooo much for this!

Great! here's File 933 original.

Here:

Episode I: The Beginning! / Vs. Astaroth

As Soul Edge is recovering itself, Inferno has begun his journey to destroy te spirit sword. As his journey continues,
he became more suspicious about his old lifes that he have done so many wrong and never reached his goal. He swore
to himself that he will do what he needs to do this time. He went to an old temple to find some sould to feed on...

Episode II: The Disappointment! / Choice Episode

Right the second he stood in, a giant appeared seeking the cursed sword. Inferno took the giant down and left the temple. He wanted to go o the Lakeside Arena to grow a bit stronger. Suddently a horrifying voice whispered:"One does seek to destroy, must sacrifice the other." That voice belonged to his long-time enemy, Topaz Quartz*. But what did he mean by that riddle he spoke...

- Ignore his words and go to the arena.
- Follow Topaz.

Episode III: The Anger! / Vs. Sophitia

Inferno got a bit confused and decided to follow Topaz for more information. As he changed his path, he remembered that Soul Edge needed all 7 Cursed Shards in order to regenerate. He headed to the Ottoman Empire to get the first shard from the holy swordswoman. When he got there, he saw Topaz talking to her, warning her about Inferno. When he disappeared, she drew her sword...

*Why Topaz?
'Cuz... Why not?

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct board (I'm new) but I'm just wondering, is it possible to import soulcalibur 3 content into soulcalibur 2? Sorry if this has been asked already

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct board (I'm new) but I'm just wondering, is it possible to import soulcalibur 3 content into soulcalibur 2? Sorry if this has been asked already
Questions are always welcomed.

It is possible to import some content, for the time being it is limited to SFX and music in adx format, both versions use the same audio types, as for movesets and models + textures to the best of my knowledge it is not yet possible.

Somehow...someday...

It is possible but... The engine is very very VERY different in 2 games. It is NOT possible to make them fully functional... Yet!

Oh, rats. Thank you for the response. And just out of curiousity, what happened to your mod (Soulcalibur 3: remade edition)? Is it cancelled?

Oh, rats. Thank you for the response. And just out of curiousity, what happened to your mod (Soulcalibur 3: remade edition)? Is it cancelled?
No. I Took Over. I'm a friend and partner of TopazHacker. While he is getting prepared for the tests. I will be continuing the modification. If you have any questions or requests for the mod. Just PM me!!!

hey there guys, skull here, new to the forum and have something to ask about sc3. anyone know a way on how to move the camera any angle you want when a replay is going ? i have seen videos of it but never have seen what the code they use on the game.

Back