Mortal Kombat (2011)

meatiest thing i can come up with for Kano, meterless, from mid-screen;
j1 b112 b112 upball for 34%. you can do an E.upball but it'll only tack on 2%.
his b112/b12 is grrrrreat for relaunching and will probably wind up being the staple of most of his relaunches. it seems (to me) like the most solid option after any kind of juggle is gonna wind up being b112 upball or b12 upball.

IFB you do know that MvC had buktooth doing frame data. he worked for an independent company (bradygames) and found that stuff and published it with his guide. sf4 had other SRK MEMBERS testing for the data, just like we do it here for SC games.

lololol capcom didn't release that info for any of their games, nor have they ever.

vf5 is literally the ONLY game i can think of that had frame data released with the game by the devs. it sure did it tons of good over here...
I'm pretty sure when you are a company tasked with writing the guide...they hand you the frame data either or it is at least available upon request. If I'm wrong I raise an eyebrow as to why not because that data is already compiled by the devs. With SF4, NEW characters came with printed frame data as the current characters already had it online from the arcade release...then with SSF4 they did it again, providing data for the new characters.

SRK members were forced to during the arcade period since their was no guide release until console.

Also check the many many many complaints on the MK9 guide and a LOT of people would've felt it would've been worth it, despite all the shit in it, had they just included the frame data. No one excepts the excuse printed in the guide.

Hey Egg, this here is the stream for PowerUp 2011:

http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky/b/284928317 <-- This is where the MK top 8 singles tourney begins (skip to 25 mins in, unless you interested in SSFIV Grand Finals)

http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky/b/284935827 <-- This is the rest of the MK top 8 singles (Grand Finals begins near the end of part 1 but continues until about 25 mins in the second part, then MvC3 singles or teams followed that, not really sure about that)

Well, here it is!

Sweet dude. thank you

IFB: no worries. The best way for you to improve is to just play the game.

How is Sektor? I hear he's not that good because he's unsafe, but he's got some good pokes and really damaging combos.

i like sektor's zoning game a lot. i imagine him getting torn up by teleporters though because his projectiles have such bad recovery.

Between Cyber Sub and Ninja Sub, I feel that ninja is easier to use with more consistent 30% combos.

I use them both along with Smoke, and I feel like I got a good grip with Sub Zero, heck I even learned a thing or two from watching the stream...

I'm probably gonna look at Tom Brady's Sub a little more to see if I could get more out of him.

btw Egg, your welcome!

Well teleports in this game are very strong...the beauty of his though is he gets to combo off it which no one else gets to do outside of scenario specific opportunities.

kung lao can combo off of his tp. 3

also, from the admin at TYM, this: "If the product page on the Toys ‘R’ Us website are to be believed, then we can expect Mortal Kombat’s first batch of DLC fighters this Wednesday.
Toys ‘R’ Us has the game listed on its site with the following text, “Download characters on PS3 & Xbox Live starting Wednesday!” We already knew that we’d soon be performing Fatalities with Kenshi and Scarlet, but we didn’t know when. Is this bloody nugget of news to be believed? We’ve already reached out to Warner Brothers for an official comment."

also, for anyone who has yet to pick up a copy of this awesome game, you can get it from Toys R Us online store for only $39 from now until saturday. it even comes with the OG kitana costume AND you can order it online and pick it up at your local store and still get the discount.

at only 2 weeks old, this is a pretty damn fantastic deal.

Hey Egg, this here is the stream for PowerUp 2011:

http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky/b/284928317 <-- This is where the MK top 8 singles tourney begins (skip to 25 mins in, unless you interested in SSFIV Grand Finals)

http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky/b/284935827 <-- This is the rest of the MK top 8 singles (Grand Finals begins near the end of part 1 but continues until about 25 mins in the second part, then MvC3 singles or teams followed that, not really sure about that)

Well, here it is!

just watched the stream and it was amazing. I feel like picking up cyber sub now.

meatiest thing i can come up with for Kano, meterless, from mid-screen;
j1 b112 b112 upball for 34%. you can do an E.upball but it'll only tack on 2%.
his b112/b12 is grrrrreat for relaunching and will probably wind up being the staple of most of his relaunches. it seems (to me) like the most solid option after any kind of juggle is gonna wind up being b112 upball or b12 upball.

After b112 he can dash and link two 212s into straight ball. This works midscreen regardless of range and does about 33% without a jump-in, but it takes practice. iirc at least in the corner you can replace the second 212 into b12 x choke-a-bitch for better wakes and a trifling amount less damage.

This game is dumb and simple, but it's fun and pretty solid. The fucking idiotic decisions/oversights that keep popping up still amaze me though.

Tag Team Mode is da Shit!
I made a team of Smoke and Sektor and they seem to team up very well.

A nice kombo starting with Smoke:

JP, :fk:d:fp:bp:tag, dash :L:bp:tag:d:r:tag,:L:bp:tag:d:L:bk
It costs 1 Bar of Special, works without korner, looks great and does 57% damage.

But what amazes me the most about Tag Team Mode are the tons of possibilities.
Although it seems to me that some combinations struggle to even exceed the damage output of solo kombos.

Edit: Damn i thought the TYM smileys worked here too.
Just go here for the correctly annotated kombo then: http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?4716-Smoke-Tag-Team-Thread

yep...uppercuts. i thought i'd post the TYM tier list. of course it is still a very new game and the list is still evolving, but as of now everyone seems in agreement for the most part:

S: Johnny Cage, Kung Lao, Nightwolf, Raiden, Smoke, Sub-Zero

A: Cyrax, Ermac, Kitana, Liu Kang, Reptile

B: Cyber Sub-Zero, Jade, Kabal, Kano, Mileena, Noob Saibot, Quan Chi, Scorpion, Sektor, Shang Tsung, Sonya

C: Sindel, Sheeva, Stryker

LOL: Jax, Baraka

right away, as a kitana player, i'm inclined to disagree and put her in B tier...that opinion will probably change, though, as i move my BnBs up from 30-35% to 40-45%

Back