Most Esteemed One-Shot Contest Thread.

I'll go for Quinion, I like the idea of a hunter character in the game and a tough big guy that is not a grappler not a insane big weapon.

Is Quinion's entry fair game now? I thought he was going to stay out this round, but if it's a legitimate entry, then I'm voting for it.

Ups, didn't see he said "non-competitive entry". I don't see a reson to not consider it valid, but since was him who put the rules himself...I'll apologize and go with LordDraco's Atma instead

Hmm, he did say not to vote for him to keep this thing rotating so, as awesome as Ulric is, I'll cast my vote elsewhere.

I'll go with LordDraco. At first I wasn't too sure about Atma, but I have to admit that she's really growing on me. Though, as harsh as it may sound, I don't like the 2P outfit. It doesn't really suit her and the items don't really fit together to achieve the same striking effect he achieved with the 1P. Nonetheless, the 1P is sexy enough to steal my vote.
(Pascuzzi is a close second, and iirc, Pascusio looked pretty cool on armour break too)

*shameless flattery*
You pretty much just summed up everything I was trying to achieve with her. It's always great hearing someone else pick up on that :D

I'd like the think people didn't keep pestering me for my opinion simply for page bumps ;P
I'm not so bothered about page bumps, you don't really need someone else to do that for you, it's just nice to hear compliments and constructive criticism. The latter is kinda necessary for improving as an artist. As for the former... well, egos need stroking every once in a while :P

I'm not so bothered about page bumps, you don't really need someone else to do that for you, it's just nice to hear compliments and constructive criticism. The latter is kinda necessary for improving as an artist. As for the former... well, egos need stroking every once in a while :P

FINE I'LL LOOK AT YOUR THREAD. RELENTLESS YOU ARE. tomorrow though. <3

In that case, my vote goes to HolyCarp's Omega 3P. I actually don't like the design very much; I find the leather armor and center part of the skirt quite busy and I just don't like the helm. However, those are mostly opinions from personal taste; the design is the most technically competent entry here. The snake-apple-helm complex is genius and goes a long way in conveying the concept. Good touches on texture everywhere else.

LordDraco3's Atma is my runner up. The part choices look cool and the construction on the arm is fantastic, so I really want to like this design. However, the coloring throws everything out the window. The way the blue and pink come together makes the design look inappropriately like a toy and the lack of any texturing on the parts doesn't help that.

I'll cast my vote for Pascusio (I like his coat), though I agree that Quinton's is pretty darn fantastic (though the photgraphy could use some more angles, just sayin').

It's been so long since I've done some hardcore creating, sounds like I need to sit down and do some updating or something. Also nice to hear some feedback on some of my original stuff that doesn't really get much talk/critique in my personal thread :P

Yeah, I figured if I disqualified myself, I wouldn't have to worry about anyone thinking I rigged the contest rules in my own favor. And this way someone else has to gets to come up with the next contest. Didn't say to start, but let's keep the voting at 1 week, through midnight 2/7/2013. I tally votes so far as:

HolyCarp 2 3 (oops, miscounted)
LordDraco3 2
ThePascuzzi 1

Oh, @LordDraco3, If you want a better look at Ulric, there's a bigger version in my thread:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/quinions-customs-house.15441/page-3

With two hours to go, and no votes since midnight on Monday, I'm going to go ahead and declare HolyCarp the winner. Congratulations HC, and excellent work by everyone who entered. Would've liked to see more entries, but stilllooks like there's still plenty of life in this forum, even one year out.

HolyCarp, the contest baton is passed.

Thanks a lot, I'm flattered people liked my entry. And thanks to all the people who entered, I love seeing competitions like this making a comeback on the forum.

So I guess it's now my turn to take up the Tiger Lily gauntlet and host one of these contests. I had plenty of ideas but I really want to have as many entrants as possible, so I'm going to give my contest a fairly vague theme (as well as a catchy, alliterative title)...

HolyCarp's House of Horror

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_22.jpg
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_26.jpg
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_33.jpg
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_42.jpg
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_60 1.jpg
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_24 1.jpg
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_37.jpg
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_67.jpg
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_79.jpg
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_11.jpg
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.jpg

The clue is in the title. I'm asking you to muster up your most deranged thoughts and produce something truly horrifying. Don't hold back at all either - I'd like to see this thread become as unsuitable for young viewers and those of a nervous disposition as possible. Extra brownie points if after clicking the "toggle spoiler" button, I shriek in terror and have to immediately close the spoiler tag for fear of spending the rest of the evening crying in a foetal position.

I've included a few images of my CaS for inspiration. Full sized images are available in my gallery, but if you want me to upload more pics of any of them, feel free to ask. However, despite that shameless plug, I won't be entering in the interests of keeping the contest rotating.

So yeah, rules are simple:
1) Enter any CaS which you think falls under the "horror" category
2) You are allowed a maximum of two entries, but don't feel pressured to come up with a second entry if you only have one, sometimes one can have more impact anyway.

START: Now
DEADLINE: End of Saturday 16th (voting commences on Sunday)

Oh, and I'm from England, so we're back to GMT.
Good luck!

Actually, I have a thought as to what it might be. But I won't guess in case it influences him.
Well, I had a few ideas so chances are your 'thought' was one of them. What were you expecting, out of interest?

Oh no... HolyCarp's contest is going to be, "Lets see how many time's we can JG d_b's Twisters and 3B's." I will be surprised if its even CaS related.

Everyone hates HolyCarp JG XDDD I only played twice with him and I've seen more JG in those two sesions than in all my SCV hours.
Yeah, I like JG because, how dare you have the audacity to actually press buttons against me? You could always take revenge by dominating this competition though :P

Well, I had a few ideas so chances are your 'thought' was one of them. What were you expecting, out of interest?

I was expecting something creepy. :D Based on your gallery I imagined it'd have something to do with the scary/supernatural, though I imagined it'd be closer to a sea theme? No reason for that though.

Ah you know me too well. Or at least, you know that my taste in, well, stuff in general is pretty deranged. Though of all the possibilities I thought of, I didn't even consider a sea theme :P

Well, here's to hoping we get some horrifying entries!

I think I never comented in this forums, but I can't withstand horror movies.

Anyway, here is my entry, open spoiler under your own risk

Shadow aproaches from the dark corridor

-Where did I put IT?
-It's strange, I had IT just a moment ago
-It's so cold without IT
-Hey, YOU! Did you see my skin?
-If not...
-CAN I GET YOURS?! [laugh hysterically]
FBMPjJv.jpg

AC0zqgR.jpg

Now I'll have nightmares with my own character

Okay, n00bish question, but...
...Is this open to anyone, even if they didn't join in on the other rounds?
Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go into a corner and contemplate how n00bish that question was.

To me...
35akqz.jpg

Back