Most Esteemed One-Shot Contest Thread.

I'll give it a try. I was waiting to see if anyone else posted to see what the ante was. In hopes of other participating, I'll post........I came around a little too late to get in on the Iron CAS thread.

Lord Reginald Ulysses Catherine Smythwicke IV, aka the TWO-FISTED FOP!

Reggie.jpg

An important part of making a mustache or any kind of additional hair is texture. Whatever special equipment is used to construct additional hair must match the texture of the hair proper as closely as possible. The only entry here with believable texture is Quinion's, so my vote goes to him.

However, if this contest were to come down to factors in the design other than the mustache itself, for example, the overall design, then I probably would have withheld my vote. There are some small cases of sticker and pattern use here and there, but nothing that really stands out.

Alright, i'll fess up. I threw something together just to keep the contest from dying; nobody had replied, and it gave me a chance to throw something together I had been thinking about. Though I wasn't 100% on teh final result, at least it was enough to set the ante. If it's any consolation, I don't want to win...just wanted to get in the mix. Respect to Pas for his comments about less than stellar results, but if you're displeased up the ante with an entry . If we see some real effort from CAS'ers, we'll see some real results.

if you're displeased up the ante with an entry . If we see some real effort from CAS'ers, we'll see some real results.
Point taken, although I was commenting on the submissions in general, rather than any specific one. No disrespect to you at all; I know full well what you're able to create. Still, you're right. The last person an honest participant would want an earful from is a non-participant.

I would have thrown something together, too, because I miss contests and I hope that we can get this place back to the point where we can have 1-2 highly competitive contests up at any time. It's just that right now I feel a bit busy with trying to revamp old CaS from my collection that I find lacking.

No disrespect, and I don't take it personally. At least you took the time to vote. I just would like to see more people in the contests.

Hell Pas, photoshop a moustache (magic marker-style...oh yeah) on that awesome fuckin' chicken of yours and i will surely vote for it.
(For those who are confused, or if you haven't seen it check it out....it is a work of art...and check out the rest of Pas's thread while you're at it, it's very good)

Glad to hear you are updating your thread....I'll definitely check it out when it's posted.

A moustache contest from Le Bello...
well, i love Lord Draco's but to me this CAS' moustache is not one of his own making...
but the pipe and the smoke is brilliant...

believe me i know all about rules for challenges ;o)

To Flashharry, don't use reflective / bump mapping patterns to do stache, it just looks awful in-game, either stick to basic colors or use the green/black mini dot patterns to mimic hair...
Quinion's is the better looking stache / beard construct so far (most realistic)
Neclord's could have been cool, but placement/sizing is weird and puts me off

You can do fake stache using the horns (because they shine a bit) ... this is not an entry...I KNOW THE RULES !

cavv5wbqko6awroz5.jpg

You can do realistic ones and many nuances of those with the same horns (or 2 single "sting" looking horn) using the patterns mentioned above...

Sad about what? =)

About having to add it to the link thread, though I misinterpreted your "..." as a sigh. Accursed non-verbal communication and all that.

well, i love Lord Draco's but to me this CAS' moustache is not one of his own making...

Doesn't have to be. The rules merely stated it required a moustache, not that it be player-constructed.
Also, are you going to cast a vote yourself I wonder? Same to you Koko, or do you prefer to be a silent ninja-samurai-troll? :P

My vote goes to Quinion.

In other news, voting ends on the 25th (or rather, midnight of the 24th), though I'm not expecting many more voters to turn up.

The "..." was pretty much me sighing, but it's just me being "I don't wanna but I gotta add" lazyness haha. On that note I'll vote as well. Quinion gets my vote as well.

I mustache(Must stash) this vote to him. /bad joke.

Haha, you didn't have to add it, but I'm grateful you did!
Be careful, if HolyCarp is lurking, you might end up in a pun war. And let me tell you, they're a REAL contest.

Back