My first impressions on SoulCalibur II HD Online

Well, all of us who want to play sessions vs others online can cling to that nonzero chance they'll patch in lobbies and/or rematches... right?

Yah I can confirm that the netcode for Xbox live is pretty bad for now.

Hopefully things improve. Otherwise it is just offline for me. The game does look nice and it doesn't seem like there are frame rate issues on the stages like in the past. There were points were my opponent I just just stopped playing the middle of a match because neither of us were happy with one of our favorite games.

Pretty shoddy work offline wise. Online I will get a better feel when I have my friends come over and play.

Am I the only one not having any of the problems other people are? I've played like 15 or so matches and only had lag in a couple of them. No matter what there's gonna be at least a tiny bit of lag because you're playing online but for the most part I can't notice it. My only real gripe with the game is no team battle and extra arcade for online. Maybe they can add that with a later patch though. I'm pretty happy with this game so far.

Oh and I wonder if Inferno is unlockable? Better be :p

Another one here who doesn´t have much problem, mostly my fights goes well, the minority with some lag maybe but never unplayable.

But I have to say, I´m very dissapointed about the options of the online game, I mean, no lobbys, no records, 2 rounds to win in Ranked instead of 3, and no Global Colosseo, this last one was the best of SC5, a great idea and I was hoping they add it to this game... Too bad.

Even so, I played like 35 great battle online and played a lot offline too, the game looks great, I did well in buy it, I recommend it for everyone.

PD: Bring Daishi back =P

The online netcode is not really my tralley. Played for hours now and haven't found one good online match so i'll spend some time in weapon master and come back later.

Apparently no one online knows what a block button does...
Tell me about it... I literally spent my time crushing someone's wake up low kicks with running K and GI'ing them if they decided to aggressively get me out my advantage. Later annoying him by doing 66B+K with Xianghua repeatedly "CHAAAA"

Tell me about it... I literally spent my time crushing someone's wake up low kicks with running K and GI'ing them if they decided to aggressively get me out my advantage. Later annoying him by doing 66B+K with Xianghua repeatedly "CHAAAA"
Most of the people I run into just mash one set of moves over and over, and I abuse them for it. I have run into a few decent players though. No point in mind games if the other person is just mashing buttons...

Hey, I unlocked some stages that in offline it will let me use them only in extra modes

But... It won´t let me use them in online, Is this ok?

God, please no

So is this game worth $20?
I've always loved to play online more than offline, and SCII was my first soul calibur game, but I want some impressions on how bad the lag is in the game and how many people is playing it

I bought the game and i honestly have experienced excellent matches. I seriously have been playing like it was offline with no lag input or delay or anything. Not sure where the complains are coming from. Do you guys use a wireless connection? I remember having major issues on sc5 because of that so i switched to ethernet and now it works perfectly. But yeah in all matches that i have had, they were perfect i was actually impressed and then i came to 8wayrun and saw the complains. Maybe im just lucky idk.

So I DL'd the demo, played arcade a few times (which was great fun as X is available), and then checked the leaderboards... seeing the kinds of names there I thought "damn... looks like it could be a lag fest..."

Then I come here and it's confirmed. SCIV net code lag. That is really a crushing blow for anyone getting excited about this game. And at £16 / $20, the price is out of line. Basically like you guys said, it's a figure arrived at to maximise profits based on the nostalgia factor of the original.

I guess I can't blame them - they worked massively hard on the SCV netcode for the sake of the hardcore players, and then got a mixed response from the hardcore crowd... but still, sucky online means that really, at the current price, there's no reason to get this unless you just feel like burning spare cash...

As some of you like fjphoenix have said the online code is not a problem, I'll keep checking the forums for more opinions, but it's not sounding good so far.

Shit. I search 5 only got a 1 bar, had matches with over one second of input delay. Not being able to skip intros and victory poses sucks. Assassin lost half his head piece for some reason. I'm pretty sure I suck at this online... Least it looks nice

IMO Namco should sell SC2HDO to TECMO, they ought to do way better online features, ie having online challengers matching you during other modes like training (like in DOA5U). Namco has disappointed for the last time, im done with there's now so obvious I-dont-give-a-FUCK-about-you-my-loyal-customer. Yep, im done. I mean c'mon, they could have put music selections during menus, like in VF5FS where I can play any of the game's BGM at any time. Ive played SC2HDO 2 times & I dont think im into playing it again. The waits per each match for how fast matches end (specially cause the 2/3-no-3/5 round limit) & without at least a rematch option.. gives me unnecessary anxiety a lots of unwanted stressful cortisol (shydrocortisone) levels in my body. im done. :/
& the attackBreak system is flawed bigTime, i mean, why the fuck a whiffing B attack's RECOVERY breaks a punishing A attack? I understand that B moves > A moves when they collide, but an A attack being broke by the RECOVERY, NOT HIT OR COLLISION of a B attack?

Thanks for the info. You saved me 20 bucks, guys.

Namco/Project Soul is actually trying to kill-off SoulCalibur series or what?

Back