My first impressions on SoulCalibur II HD Online

I bought the game and i honestly have experienced excellent matches. I seriously have been playing like it was offline with no lag input or delay or anything. Not sure where the complains are coming from. Do you guys use a wireless connection? I remember having major issues on sc5 because of that so i switched to ethernet and now it works perfectly. But yeah in all matches that i have had, they were perfect i was actually impressed and then i came to 8wayrun and saw the complains. Maybe im just lucky idk.
You're kidding right? You are just lucky. I played a lagging Kilik and lost to BB spam because I couldn't sidestep his crap, or GI, or even run up and block.

Granted, most matches can be playable, like SC4 online playable, but hardly state of the art like Namco said this would be.

Any of you using a wireless connection? Someone mentioned that could be the problem. I'm using an ethernet connection myself.

Any of you using a wireless connection? Someone mentioned that could be the problem. I'm using an ethernet connection myself.
So how is your connection? Is it worse than SC4 online. I did use wired connection to play 40 games and none of them is playable.

*** I see Aris' connection is good (vids in Youtube) and much better than mine! Weird. Maybe just me?

Last edited:
I feel like getting a ripoff by Namco. An online game can't be played well online. Why do I need this version?
Everything is the same to PS2 or Xbox version. (I guess it is exactly the Xbox version + 1 more char. j/k Hahah..)
$20 dollars for just a crappy online mode. ~~~ Ripoff!
Sorry guys, I think I made a mistake.
After I reset my modem, use wired connection and dedicate to use PS3 only on my home network, my connection on SC2HDO is acceptable now. Yea, it is like SC4 online (maybe better), but it is still worse than SC5 online.
I will remove my previous post, #58. I don't want it misleading people.
IMO, I'm satisfied. At least, it has an acceptable online game play.

I'm having fun. Netcode is a disappointment for sure, but I'm still enjoying the matches. Probably just because I love SC2 so much.

I'm never going to play at lunchtime again, though. I guess everyone's working, so all the matchups were against Europe and Asia. That's not a good time.

So I just found that in Ranked Match I lose PP even when I win when I fight against people with way too much less PP than me.

I don´t like it, but I say ok, accept it, then I go and put the option for similar rank or higher rank and it just find me the same people.

In conclude, I have to lose unfair PP

You're kidding right? You are just lucky. I played a lagging Kilik and lost to BB spam because I couldn't sidestep his crap, or GI, or even run up and block.

Granted, most matches can be playable, like SC4 online playable, but hardly state of the art like Namco said this would be.

nop like i said maybe im just lucky. i just played for about an hour or so and i had no lag whatsoever. my only grip is that yun-seong is crap in this game.

Second impression... It's a tad better today. I beat the number 1 rank guy on ps3, had some good connections for once, and just had a nice fight with the user above. Thanks buddy

The lesson here: SCV is awesome
Playing SC2 against actual people really makes me appreciate the various changes and balancing done for SCV.

er, rather, they're still working on the "balance" part, I suppose, (... after 10 years...?)
but, even in things like buffering, they have become a lot smoother.

I loved SC2 back in the day. A lot.
proxy.jpg

That much. Christ I need to vacumn more... Also that was all an accident. the whole Playstation on one side Xbox on the other. Creepy.

But anyway. I saw the price for this. A watered down port of either the Xbox or PS2 version for £15.99 with terrible online play, which is disgusting. I know Namco are known to be a bit expensive or milk DLC but jesus.

Actually trying to pester them for a freebie because why not? amirite?

So how is your connection? Is it worse than SC4 online. I did use wired connection to play 40 games and none of them is playable.

*** I see Aris' connection is good (vids in Youtube) and much better than mine! Weird. Maybe just me?

My ping is around 50, dl speed 6mb and ul speed 0.60 or maybe a little more. I talked to one guy who had a connection twice as fast as me and he was still getting lag. I didn't ask what his connection type was though.

I'm using a wired connection with 50 mbps download speed, and more than a few matches make me want to throw my hitbox through my tv. What is your skill level? Because I know when I started with SC4 and only had small experience playing real people, I thought the lag was pretty non-existent too. Now that I'm fair to middlin' at soul calibur, I know better.

Also, I'm seeing a lot of random whiffing going on. Is this due to the online, or is it just a normal glitch from the pal version?

Back