My first "Real" tournament.

Laswagga

[09] Warrior
Atlanta, computer arena April 4th.

What should I expect as far as competition goes? I'm not talking georgia competition specifically, but at tournaments like these i'm expecting to see some insane players and I want to know how hard i'm going to have to practice for these next three weeks or so, if I expect to make it past the first round that is. I don't play to lose either, so don't gimme that "don't expect to win" crap like you guys did that last guy.

Don't expect to win. XD

No, really. Didn't you say you won all the tournaments in your area? Or at least a majority of them?

You'll be fine. Relax, and remember not to get stuck into any patterns, so if you come across a real OG you can fight back instead of freezing up.

There's really no "intense training" you can go through for this sort of thing. if anything, doing stuff like that takes your focus away from the fight itself.

Just be consistent with your training, and see where you stand. No biggie.

Expect to win. No one in georgia is any good, so it should be a walk in the park for you. No need to practice.

Don't expect to win. XD

No, really. Didn't you say you won all the tournaments in your area? Or at least a majority of them?

You'll be fine. Relax, and remember not to get stuck into any patterns, so if you come across a real OG you can fight back instead of freezing up.

There's really no "intense training" you can go through for this sort of thing. if anything, doing stuff like that takes your focus away from the fight itself.

Just be consistent with your training, and see where you stand. No biggie.

I win a good amount of them, but only the ones in my city that I know of and the competition i've had in Warner Robins hasn't exactly been the greatest. The only person I know of thats close is Shinreatsu or something like that and I can't get in touch with him. But anyway, what i'm most worried about IS freezing up when my time comes up.

What exactly is your problem with me? Whatever it is, just speak on it and quit making passive aggressive comments here and there. Maybe i'm wrong.

Once you get past the mob yelling ATL HO! You should be fine. Just play your best and try to remain adaptable in mindset. If you go 2 and out, don't feel bad, feel excited that you have a ladder to climb now.

Don't play online for several days before the tournament. Practice mode/offline only.

-Idle

ATL does have some good competition. DEBATABLY some of the best in the country. Youre gonna be nervous. Youre gonna want to suck your thumb in the fetal position, but you gotta get over it.

Give yourself a small goal to reach. "Dont come in last" that was my goal at my 1st tourney. I walked away that day with that goal accomplished. Go there with the aspect of meeting new people that you will be able to get future games in with, then come next tourney you are better prepared for your competition.

But for sure dont play ANY online at all. call up the homies, even if they dont know how to play, and play them or practice mode.

HRD

Just remember...you only have to win 2 out of 3

No need to try to impress anybody, or do things that don't need to be done. Find something that works on someone, and use it until they can stop it.

Also...from my experience, if you have someone there who can unplug shit if you start losing, that'll make it much harder for the other person to win

.....You're so smart Lobo. Why didn't I think of that earlier!?

Seriously though.
At some tourneys *looks at Jaxel* its a rule to take a damn shower before you show up.
And I support the notion, especially when shower facilities are available at the venue. :P

Just imagine the other character you are fighting is completely naked... unless you are fighting a Voldo... in that case, just imagine that he has real clothes on... that always works for me XD

Just practice offline! You should know who everyone in plays with, just work on your matchups and you should do fine.

Well just try not to get raped too badly, and when you lose don't make 10 excuses about why you lost and start sending hand written hate mail to the people who took you out.

Don't make excuses for why you lost, instead look at the replay and find the 10 REASONS your opponent won.
Quite often it chalks up to whose mind games won, but in some cases you'll find you could have done something else and completely turned the tide.

Try to stay calm and don't let someone's reputation defeat you before you've even faced them.

Work on every match up even a low tier character might surprise you if you aren't prepared. Also practice offline so your timing is perfect.

I can't stress the fact enough (even though about 5 people above already mentioned it)....play offline only! Too much online fucks up your timing BADLY, so badly that even something as simple as Kilik WS B, 66B combo becomes a chore to do. That's why I haven't been online in a while and probably won't go back.

Back