Namco, pls fix the glitches and somethings improper next patch.

Only people i've seen win tournaments with Nightmare is Keev, OmegaDR won 1 has far as i know and thats pretty much it, its not the character that wins tournaments, its the player. Just because a character was used to win a tournament doesn't mean he is the best character in the game, thats just stupid.

I've seen people win tournaments with Yoshi and Siegfried, does that make them the OP characters? No it doesn't. Granted as a Nightmare player myself i think Nightmare might be a little too powerful but nothing really serious, afterall Nightmare is supose to be powerful.

Honestly though, Nightmare isn't as fun as he was in SC4. Yeah he is better in some aspects but he's also weaker in many respects now and has to be played in a very boring manner imo. Also the game has devolved into who gets more JGs than the other player and that is terrible for Nightmare because he has weak standing punish and if any of his strings are JGed, you get hit for 100 damage lol.

I agree, characters in SCV are too generalized. You HAVE to play the intended way. There used to me many styles of NM and Sieg. Now for NM it's spacing 24/7 and poking for Sieg.

I agree, characters in SCV are too generalized. You HAVE to play the intended way. There used to me many styles of NM and Sieg. Now for NM it's spacing 24/7 and poking for Sieg.

You used to be able to switch between styles at a flip of a coin. Now switching between styles backfires spectacularly if you are not perfect.

Not really. Look at Keev and omega styles. Keev plays more of a rushdown style using a lot of 1k, 66k and throws. Omega plays more defensive using spacing, whiff punish and matchup knowledge. I think nightmare might seem more boring because of less tech trap options but hes more solid with his move set in SCV.

Not really. Look at Keev and omega styles. Keev plays more of a rushdown style using a lot of 1k, 66k and throws. Omega plays more defensive using spacing, whiff punish and matchup knowledge. I think nightmare might seem more boring because of less tech trap options but hes more solid with his move set in SCV.

I'm not saying he is not better, im saying he is not as fun as he used to be.

I'm not saying he is not better, im saying he is not as fun as he used to be.
I understood what you were saying and I agree somewhat. I think in part because he doesn't have the tech trap options he use to have which made his gameplay varied. At the same time though I do enjoy him being slightly less punishable due to the push back on his moves. So I'm torn lol.

I understood what you were saying and I agree somewhat. I think in part because he doesn't have the tech trap options he use to have which made his gameplay varied. At the same time though I do enjoy him being slightly less punishable due to the push back on his moves. So I'm torn lol.

I find that in the ideal Nightmare operating range, he is piss weak now. If he had instant 33B and step cancellable IagA, he would be much stronger in his spacing game. Now he has to play a mid ranged whiff punish game which is so super high risk after the nerfed backstep. Now his throws have terrible damage and much weaker OKI than SC4. The list goes on. Safemare is almost non-existant now too.

For me his ideal range is at the tip of iaga. Which opens the door for those tools to be used. He doesn't really have no good long range options as 66a is high and easily duck able. At tip range iaga is spam able with + frames on block to keep up the attack. Once they duck/tc is where 3aa, 22a series shines.

Honestly though, Nightmare isn't as fun as he was in SC4. Yeah he is better in some aspects but he's also weaker in many respects now and has to be played in a very boring manner imo. Also the game has devolved into who gets more JGs than the other player and that is terrible for Nightmare because he has weak standing punish and if any of his strings are JGed, you get hit for 100 damage lol.
man thats the same for alot of chars..like yoshi so pissed off what namco did to him :/ you could play yoshi in so many ways that it was fun but now thats not the case...they ruined iron fist possession... that mechanic shouldn't even be in the game because of how useless it is lol

Yeah I've gotta say Cervantes is a lot more boring than before too. :\ A lot of his fun tools got taken out, and iGDR punishing is so hard it's not even fun anymore. I understand the increase in difficulty of course, but I've never gotten quite as hype as when I iGDR'd something within a frame or two window for block punishment. He's of course obviously a lot better, but just less fun.

The thing that pisses me off the most is his CE! I have lost so many game in my attempt to do it. And another thing is WR(B),A+B,aga is a combo! But if you were trying to do the same combo with just aga it WILL NOT WORK ! Its a shame too because its a sexy combo. And I don't think NM's 44K hits grounded but Siegfrieds does. All this is on counter by the way.

Back