Namco's Mentioning Soulcalibur Again

Is This Exciting News?

• Hell yes! A new SC!!!! (I'm dum)

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • No. This doesn't tell us anything. (I'm smart)

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Meh

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Oh yeah! Something to do with Tales!!!

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters
(FaceBook Rumor) At a licensing expo, Namco has Soulcalibur listed on one of their investors only presentations. Further, someone captured this hyper enlightening image:

13517567_10209397768239069_2007585878770571308_o[1].jpg

In summation, Namco may be doing something with Soulcalibur. Given that box, I'd guess some Soulcalibur costume DLC for Berseria, but the info's so thin that I'd strongly caution people hearing whiffs of rumors to keep their expectations in check at this time.

Dont understand why Namco isnt putting any interest in one of the top tier fighting games (if it still is) that put the company on the map. This shit is SO irritating. Waited years and years for a confirmation of a SC6 in the works while Tekken is getting the golden treatment, i'm done.

1) there may be a mention at gamescon, but don't quote me on that...
2) it's not that there isn't any interest, they're working on T7 and don't want their own games clashing and competing with each other...that's my theory anyway.
3) when it comes to fighting games....it wasn't SC that put Namco on the map...the Tekken series did...more specifically Tekken 3. The SC series is a damn fine series and certainly helped Namco along tho...out side of fighting games Pacman made Namco into the super company it is today
4) Tekken 7 is the last of the Mishima saga, so naturally they want the game to be good and have them end one of the biggest storylines off with a bang
5) you've waited years and years...please stop being so dramatic...people out there have waited much longer for their games...up to 10 years and more for game sequals like SF, Marvel or Killer Instinct...please stop thinking you're entitled to everything...be fking patient.
6) if you are done, then feel free to go...no one is keeping you here with a gun to your head.

Hopefully (wishful thinking) Bamco has learned leassons from how they have "treated" the SC ip.
They have done some things right but many things wrong.
One reason it has gone so far/long is the grassroots/playas/us support.

5) you've waited years and years...please stop being so dramatic...people out there have waited much longer for their games...up to 10 years and more for game sequals like SF, Marvel or Killer Instinct...please stop thinking you're entitled to everything...be fking patient.
Not to mention there are other games to enjoy.
6) if you are done, then feel free to go...no one is keeping you here with a gun to your head.
Ya its funny when ppl say they are done, but still stick around and continue on bitching and moaning about it. I wonder if that holds true when the next SC game comes out, if it comes out that is.

BTW I chose "Meh" in the poll because I'm a horse.

2) it's not that there isn't any interest, they're working on T7 and don't want their own games clashing and competing with each other...that's my theory anyway.
I've seen this being said a lot. Even if they didn't want SoulCalibur 6 to conflict with Tekken 7, they could at least make an announcement that the game is in development. A logo or even a trademark filing would have given us something to look forward to, but they didn't do any of that. Plus, Tekken 7 is already making money from being in Arcades. The mere mentioning of SC6's existence can't be that much of a hindrance to Tekken 7.

1) there may be a mention at gamescon, but don't quote me on that...
3) when it comes to fighting games....it wasn't SC that put Namco on the map...the Tekken series did...more specifically Tekken 3. The SC series is a damn fine series and certainly helped Namco along tho...out side of fighting games Pacman made Namco into the super company it is today
4) Tekken 7 is the last of the Mishima saga, so naturally they want the game to be good and have them end one of the biggest storylines off with a bang
Im pretty sure you replying to me in this comment lol.
1. you do have a point with Tekken and Pacman putting Namco on the map I can't argue with you on that.
2. Im not being dramatic by no means. SC5 came out in 2012, its 2016 its been a damn long time and yeah there are fans that have waited by far longer. Oh I'm not entitled anything, its just frustrating to see your favorite game sit on the backburner for years while the other franchises come out with new stuff.
But yeah hope you didn't think I came off like an entitled douchebag cause I'm not lol. Its just the same cycle with Soulcalibur and its getting old…

Im pretty sure you replying to me in this comment lol.
1. you do have a point with Tekken and Pacman putting Namco on the map I can't argue with you on that.
2. Im not being dramatic by no means. SC5 came out in 2012, its 2016 its been a damn long time and yeah there are fans that have waited by far longer. Oh I'm not entitled anything, its just frustrating to see your favorite game sit on the backburner for years while the other franchises come out with new stuff.
But yeah hope you didn't think I came off like an entitled douchebag cause I'm not lol. Its just the same cycle with Soulcalibur and its getting old…

Wait so lemme get this straight, people have been waiting for SCVI since BEFORE SCV was even announced ok cool, makes tons of sense m8

Well dood, if you haven't grasped why things are taking so long, especially at this point. Then you must be living under a rock.

But in any case if you're done like you say you are...then by all means go.
I said it once and I'll say it again, the so-called 'fans' are shit

Dont understand why Namco isnt putting any interest in one of the top tier fighting games (if it still is) that put the company on the map. This shit is SO irritating. Waited years and years for a confirmation of a SC6 in the works while Tekken is getting the golden treatment, i'm done.

Tekken franchise sold over 40 million, do you know how much did the Soul Calibur? If yes, then questioning why Bandai Namco invests more on Tekken is absurd.

I don't know.

I didn't play SCV much but since it has the Critical Edge System (like SFV's Critical Arts & most (it seems like almost all) other FG's that have a "Super Move") I might like the new SC better without one.

But if they put out a new SC & Talim's in it then I'll be there regardless.

Tekken franchise sold over 40 million, do you know how much did the Soul Calibur? If yes, then questioning why Bandai Namco invests more on Tekken is absurd.
No not really. Didn't do my homework before I did that "rant". Foolish of me huh lol. I should've known that though.

Last edited:
Wait so lemme get this straight, people have been waiting for SCVI since BEFORE SCV was even announced ok cool, makes tons of sense m8

Well dood, if you haven't grasped 9why things are taking so long, especially at this point. Then you must be living under a rock.

But in any case if you're done like you say you are...then by all means go.
I said it once and I'll say it again, the so-called 'fans' are shit
Who said we were waiting for SC6 before SCV was announced? You think you may have read that wrong. Thats fine. Im sorry that you feel that the "so-called fans" are shit, we do bitch and complain about the same shit over and over again and it does get annoying we all have done it. At the same time, some of the "so-called fans" you call it don't understand why its taking so long like how you understand it. So for you call the "so-called fans" shit, is pretty rude my friend. By the way, you are right we have to be patient, but not everyone is patient.

Last edited:
The reason they yanked the cord on Lost Swords for Ps3 was so that they could announce Lost Swords for android/iphone! And finally! It will be announced!

Who said we were waiting for SC6 before SCV was announced? You think you may have read that wrong. Thats fine. Im sorry that you feel that the "so-called fans" are shit, we do bitch and complain about the same shit over and over again and it does get annoying we all have done it. At the same time, some of the "so-called fans" you call it don't understand why its taking so long like how you understand it. So for you call the "so-called fans" shit, is pretty rude my friend. By the way, you are right we have to be patient, but not everyone is patient.

I might have misinterpreted that one.
...all the same when I see "fans" bitching, complaining...and for those who don't understand why it's taking so long, the answer is literally in their face with Tekken 7...either that or they have no clue how simple resources and marketing works...
Well my friend I'm not going to sugar coat the incident and molly-coddle people when there's so much unintelligence and ignorance being thrown around all willy-nilly, you call it rude...I call it the truth

I might have misinterpreted that one.
...all the same when I see "fans" bitching, complaining...and for those who don't understand why it's taking so long, the answer is literally in their face with Tekken 7...either that or they have no clue how simple resources and marketing works...
Well my friend I'm not going to sugar coat the incident and molly-coddle people when there's so much unintelligence and ignorance being thrown around all willy-nilly, you call it rude...I call it the truth
Well be that as it may. Most fans dont understand marketing I can say for myself idk much about marketing, but its pretty obvious when it comes to fighting games Tekken has brought more revenue to Namco than Soulcalibur. You may call it the truth and its your opinion and I'm not going to argue that cause we do have some pretty ignorant fans at times, but you can't deny that these "fans" just want another installment my friend.

Last edited:

Live streams

8 Viewers
SavageDrumming
SavageDrumming
Rift Losses XD [1688/2000] ~ !youtube !discord
1 Viewers
ApolloXXXCreed
ApolloXXXCreed
[EN] [XBOX] for one to gain another has to lose /Grinding...

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back