Natsu: 1.04

All the original patch did was take out CH fishing and force players to mix up and use all of her tools. Despite it seeming drastic at first, it was for the better and she's still strong. She has so many mix up opportunities and great rush down. While slower than what I'm used to with Taki, she is just as fast considering the game she is in and it's engine speed. I love how she is now and what the patches have forced players to do. Those who abandoned ship weren't playing her right from the start, period.

All the original patch did was take out CH fishing and force players to mix up and use all of her tools. Despite it seeming drastic at first, it was for the better and she's still strong. She has so many mix up opportunities and great rush down. While slower than what I'm used to with Taki, she is just as fast considering the game she is in and it's engine speed. I love how she is now and what the patches have forced players to do. Those who abandoned ship weren't playing her right from the start, period.

I like how I played her.
I can't play like that anymore without 1) looking like an idiot, 2) getting my ass kicked.
I find that stupid.

How so? What is so drastically different? Honestly the only thing taken away was easy CH fishing from the first hit of 6A+B stunning and caltrops stun on the ground. You can still go into her 'combo of death' a ton of different ways, all the patch did was make players utilize these different things while relying on other combos and mix ups.

Without 6A+B's first hit hitting you still have these methods into her combo of death:

6A+B (second hit) : nothing to rely on, but with knowledge on spacing it can be utilized.
WR K (also try 2A WR K)
HOV B
FC A+B
4B : Not combo of death, but leads into the last part of 3KKK into ground mix up or CE, very useful especially after some 6B spacing.

Other good mix ups in the vein of SCII Taki are BB4A+BA BBPO into w/e, sometimes EXC. Slightly telegraphed due to speed, though definitely some good mind fudge.

After knock down play with WR B 4A+B A and mix it up with WR B 4A+B A+B 1A (or 44KKK near walls, not guaranteed). Again, if these tools are mixed up properly and Natsu is played non-flow chart, she is seriously good. Just has to be mixed in with her pokes, safer rush down and proper PO mix up (which can break guard pretty easily mind you).

I'm not telling you how to play her and I'm sure your pre-patch Natsu was good, as was my own and I also miss her. I'm just throwing out there what I personally have found to work post patch and in ways, I prefer the mentality it pushes.

I like the way she is now, I have found myself to become better because I find other ways to deal with situations. It also seems that I actually land 'combo of death' more since I have been creative in ways to get into it. I have really found a lot of use for 2A WR K.

So apparently there's voting going on for patch 1.04 for the community to participate in. The options were chosen by Belial's hand picked group of experts and whatever changes get positive votes will be written into a prayer, put on a spaceship funded by Bill Gates and AOL and taken to space so the angels can hear them better. (No, he'll email them to Daishi or something).

The only options to choose for Natsu are more nerfs and not a hint of the caltrops stun.

I think that's highly unnecessary and gave my opinion. Assuming Belial hasn't deleted it, let me know what you think. Did I overreact?

http://8wayrun.com/threads/balance-patch-community-vote.13611/

So apparently there's voting going on for patch 1.04 for the community to participate in. The options were chosen by Belial's hand picked group of experts and whatever changes get positive votes will be written into a prayer, put on a spaceship funded by Bill Gates and AOL and taken to space so the angels can hear them better. (No, he'll email them to Daishi or something).

The only options to choose for Natsu are more nerfs and not a hint of the caltrops stun.

I think that's highly unnecessary and gave my opinion. Assuming Belial hasn't deleted it, let me know what you think. Did I overreact?

http://8wayrun.com/threads/balance-patch-community-vote.13611/

a-cancel only before bomb hits...
...?
.....WHAT?
WHAT

WHHAAAT

Not really overreacting. Personally I think they should just remove FCA+B altoghter if we can't have the ground stun. It has been reduced to overkill usage for me.

If it had better combo possibilities on CH i'd be happy. As of right now I can only use 8A+B as a weird tech trap.

even though FC A+B is not what it used to be you still need to know its merits and when to use it.

arctic, it does have great combo potential on CH. there are two classes of characters for the CH combo.

CH FC A+B, into 3B A:6
CH FC A+B, into 6A+B4 PO A:6, 3KKK, 1A

both of those are nothing to sneeze at.

ive said it numerous times as well, but punishing sieg and NMs FC B+G with FC A+B into A:6 is a legit strat that will win you the round. same with any ducked throw with the opponents back to the edge, FC A+B A:6 will RO there too.

as far as the changes proposed go, i'm against removing pushback on moves, things shouldnt be braindead easy to punish, so i'm glad you might have to use a different punisher to reach in those situations.

i could see WS K and A+B being - 13 so that everyone can at least get an AA or a K punish in Asta and xibas case, but anymore than -13 is too much. no need to nerf damage on WS K combo.

i'm cool with changing the 4A+BA cancel as well. making the move totally safe and being good JG bait is too much for the bomb.

Okay, so I have been gone for quite a while... I'm not a ship jumper! LOL

I haven't even had time to play Tekken :(

Anyway about CH FC a+b... Like KAB said you can ALWAYS get a combo from it. You just have to know which match up calls for which combo. AND even though you're using it for CH fishing even on normal hit you can still get a:6 or aab off of it when you're at the wall or edge.

FC a+b a:6 W! a:6 W! 6a+b~4 PO a:6 3kkk is pretty damn nasty. You can even tech catch with it in certain cases which makes it even less of a useless move. I guess what I'm trying to say is FC a+b isn't useless, but it just has to be used differently than it use to be used.

Other than the crap that came out in 1.02 has anything else changed?? (sorry for asking, but like I said I've been away for a decent while)

Just did a little testing and CH FC A+B 66B works!
DMG: 69
CLH: 83
BE: 73
CLH BE: 86

As in works on everyone? And won't that be kinda hard to tell the difference in CH and NH for maximizing damage since I'm pretty sure you have to commit to CH FC a+b 66b

I tested it on the smallest character, Viola. I assume it would work on most characters. It is hard to confirm the hit, but not impossible.

Well, here's the thing with CH FC a+b. Some of the cast falls to their right and some fall to their left. That's why you can ALWAYS get a combo with either 6a+b or 3b BUT 6a+b is character dependent and anything that 6a+b doesn't work on 3b does work.

Back