Natsu Movelist Discussion and Analysis

FleshMasher

[13] Hero
Post here to discuss aspect of Natsu's movelist, including her Critical Edge, Brave Edges and normal moves (and their properties and strengths and weaknesses).

3B A:6 seems like a good idea.
A:6 is also easier to do, which is good.
But it's probably no alternative to Air Grabs.
Also too bad that A6 in juggles allows Air Control.
But A6 in Wall Combos is just brutal because of the wall splat, even from A:6, no stupid crumple stun anymore.
Wall Combos in general are beast because of less damage scaling on the wall.
Oh and with A:6 you now have an i10 Knock Down/RO/Wall Splat punisher.

Only was able to go through her move list once. Seems like there us no PO sidestep anymore so beating out 3B will be harder. It does seem like she is well equipped to beat out 2As with he back dash into PO.

Right now I am really liking 6B+K4 (or is it 6A+B4? SC2 Taki's 11_77B~k). I like the spacing on hit/block for PO options.

Question: How much of a Natsu's game will involve 66B?

That's the non-JF version. The JF version comes out with the initial A. So the mid section can hit as early as i16 but the A part when it JF's can hit on i10.

Thanks i didn't realize and I haven't been able to JF it once. I'm timing something really wrong.

Right now I am really liking 6B+K4 (or is it 6A+B4? SC2 Taki's 11_77B~k). I like the spacing on hit/block for PO options.

6A+B4 is like a faster version of 4a. WR AA4 is pretty good too.

EDIT: found the timing. Gotta let the A hit first... /facepalm

66B seems safe (when spaced right) and has the added bonus of a PO transition. Haven't tested and/or incorporated PO into my game as much as I want, but I'm liking the stuff I'm seeing out of her PO so far. PO (BE) might be a valid tactic if it has invincibility and can be exploited to punish 2A's and BB's with a BT PO K.
Also, I think A:6 is an excellent followup to her numerous launchers if a wall is anywhere nearby. 44K.K (wall)K > 1A does solid damage. You can even give yourself more time to check wall distance by doing FC A+B before going into 44KK. Haven't tested any wallsplat combos yet in this scenario.

had a look at the future press frame data; everything seems to be in order except for:
  • 1K (it'll be a cold day in hell before they revert 1K to its sc2 speed of i14)
  • 4A+B~A (technically this should be like 2bA and the other mekkimaru darkness attacks, which are i8)
  • FC B
  • FC A+B (does +11 on normal hit mean you get a free AA?)
  • WS K (this is a pretty iffy move in terms of hitboxes)
  • 66B
these moves differ from my frame data by a frame or two so I'll have to check when i get home.

Thanks taXi, I looked at my spreadsheet and the 2A+B~A was wrong. I updated it to i8. The other ones I transcribed correctly. That's not to say they're right. Please let me know what you find out. Also, can you check B,[K] on block? It doesn't seem right that it has the same disadvantage as regular B,K.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, Taki Natsu has two i17 unblockables! That's right!

Unfortunately they're both high attacks and only do about 6 damage... haha. I'm taking about 66B+G and A+G~A+B+K. You can't escape the chip damage from either throw if you escape them, no matter how quick your input is. I feel like I need to win rounds with these moves just because I can.

Taxi, FC A+B does indeed give you a free AA or A:6 at the wall/edge.

I usually go with WS B~4a+bA > 6K... It's some damage and it leaves them grounded... Trying to test out the viability of 4B since I think you can do it from crouching and does lead to FC A+B 4A+B6 (PO) 66 wakeups.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, Taki Natsu has two i17 unblockables! That's right!

Unfortunately they're both high attacks and only do about 6 damage... haha. I'm taking about 66B+G and A+G~A+B+K. You can't escape the chip damage from either throw if you escape them, no matter how quick your input is. I feel like I need to win rounds with these moves just because I can.

Taxi, FC A+B does indeed give you a free AA or A:6 at the wall/edge.
The A+G~A+B+K is amazing for ringouts

The A+G~A+B+K is amazing for ringouts
Yeah it seems that way. And if they escape the throw, hey, you get 6 damage anyway :P

Also in regards to FC A+B, it seems that the ability to combo an A off of it is character specific. Initially I did it against Natsu, and that works well, but I tried it against Mitsu just now and it doesn't work at all. Rats!

I usually go with WS B~4a+bA > 6K... It's some damage and it leaves them grounded... Trying to test out the viability of 4B since I think you can do it from crouching and does lead to FC A+B 4A+B6 (PO) 66 wakeups.

Can it be AC'd?

Is this a secret move?

During 44K, K, after the second K that launches you into the air, if your near a wall and press K again, she'll jump off the wall and do a flying kick towards the opponent for an extra hit. I had no idea characters could jump off walls.

I'm a Siegfried main by the way, but I somehow found myself trying out Natsu due to all her aerials.

Back