Natsu Questions And Answers / General Discussion

What do you mean by ducked? When you're running up to grab and they duck? Or random ducks in the course of play? Usually when I use the running strategy I just grab or use 66B. I also throw out BB a lot to see if it catches on counter, in which case add on the K. It's a nice knockdown. And I think 4B is a high, it's the punch attack right? But again, I'm a little lost at the specifics of the question. (at this point I'm starting to think that you meant whenever us Natsu's duck a high attack).

At this point I'll just go ahead and throw out both sides of the answer. Usually after ducking I'll throw out WS AA, but not the final A. That or just 66B+G.

i was talking about when you duck a high or a throw.

no offense because this isnt directed solely at you, but its a bad habit i see alot of players get into, i myself had this problem many years ago.

if you duck a high or a throw, get out of the habit of using a throw to punish. youre passing up guaranteed damage for a 50/50 guess. i also would stop using WS AA as it does ok damage but leaves you at disadvantage on hit.

i think the two options i posted (4B, FC A+B, 44K-48 damage, 6A+B4, PO A:6 50 damage) are the two best options for this situation, but wanted to see if people were doing other things. 66B is tight in some situations, otherwise i'd probably use it more for this purpose.

That's ok, I appreciate you clearing it up. I never really thought too far into attacks after ducking, because it's such a quick window.

I want to mostly use 4B FC 2A+B 44KK after crouching a throw, because it's even better when you are close to a wall and able to do 44KKK wall bounce 1A.

But when you do WS AA, which is easier, try doing only WS A, you sacrifice 8 or so damage but get advantage.
And never do WS AAA4, it's trash.

Every time I do WS AAA4, I get knocked out of PO by some spam AA's or BB's. If they're not a scrub, and are smart enough to block the final A, they know that we're at a big disadvantage and throw out anything, making the PO transition worthless. I've completely given up on it.

Been using 4B lately after ducking throws instead of WR A, such a good move. Once you get in the habit of using it, that is. 4A+B6 instead of the 44KK ender is less damage but I like the mix-ups with it.

Off topic but is there any progress on the Natsu Punishment thread? I noticed only several have data, and I would be willing to help. An Alpha Pat beat me pretty hard earlier because I didn't really know the frames, and upon testing it's like all his stuff is safe, -_- barring Twister.

oh i also wanted to say that when we we're discussing duck punishment, while at first glance 4B, FC A+B, 44KKK near a wall is good, remember you have a ridiculous tech trap off of 6A+B4, PO A:6 when near the wall or ring edge.

it was a small blurb posted awhile ago by D.I.N.O. so for those that didnt see.

after a PO A:6 normal hit or a PO B near a wall or ring edge if the tech roll left back or forward you can hit a FC A+B on normal hit that gives +11. free A:6 for wall splat/RO.

this move should never hit normal hit as its a special low, so they would literally need to not hold guard to get normal hit by it, giving it + 11 on normal hit shows me that this was its intended purpose outside of combos.

best part is if they dont tech you still get the grounded FC A+B into 44KKK

Off topic but is there any progress on the Natsu Punishment thread? I noticed only several have data, and I would be willing to help. An Alpha Pat beat me pretty hard earlier because I didn't really know the frames, and upon testing it's like all his stuff is safe, -_- barring Twister.

I finished Pyrrha mostly, Alpha Pat will coincidently be next, but now i'm waiting for the patch before further testing.
You can contribute too, but please follow the posting rules in the Opening post.

Can anybody explain me the reasons and solutions for possible mistakes with an air drop scenario? I keep managing to sell the bomb but afterwards Natsu jumps up, and misses the air throw entirely. What could I be doing wrong? I'm doing it 100% correctly in Practice

It happens if you hit your opponent from the side, i think it's the right side of your opponent, happens for example after stepping the second kick of Pyrrha's 3KK, to Pyrrha's right. When you bomb then, air grab can whiff.

Not exactly sure if that's all.
It could be a more specific angle or other circumstances that also influence it.
Like hitting your opponent during an ukemi roll or the distance at which you hit with the bomb.
Could also be character specific because some characters have weird stances.

Small solution: After stepping or hitting grounded opponents, combo with something else that can't fail like Air Grab. For example A+B or maybe CE.

Can anybody explain me the reasons and solutions for possible mistakes with an air drop scenario? I keep managing to sell the bomb but afterwards Natsu jumps up, and misses the air throw entirely. What could I be doing wrong? I'm doing it 100% correctly in Practice
I'm not sure if you mean the forward air throw or the PO air throw.

If you're talking off of 4A+B6 8B+G, press and hold the 8 while she's in POR. Sometimes I mess up and hit the B+G first, I think, and then she just does HOV when I hit the 8.

If you mean STK B+G, that one's pretty easy. You just have to hit the B+K, B+G pretty fast. Like AA fast.

Not sure it needs nerfing even, lawl. Pretty hard to pull off right.
after our extended set yesterday, i can tell you your problem is you are mashing to hard. not trying to insult you, just telling you what the actual problem is. every time you landed 4A+B you often did an extra unnecessary dash forward.

the command should go, 4A+B6 (just one tap of 6 is all you need) 8B+G after she comes out of the dash forward.

too many buttons is your problem in general, you can get away with it online especially when we have a transatlantic connection of 2 bars with me in florida and you in europe somewhere. but your AA, blocked, AA, blocked, AA will not fly offline, you will get CH easily. other things like 3KKK i suspect came out from to many button presses as well.

stop using WS AAA off the ground. even when i showed you that i would punish you with 66B for using it you still insisted on relying on it on wakeup. its only guaranteed on CH, and super unsafe on block so might as well commit to WSK if you are going to use a move off the ground.

your new, so i'm gonna tell you that while you can gain matchup experience online you can also develop some REALLY bad habits some of which you already have.

you need to be aware of what is unsafe, if people arent punishing then sure use it, but dont base your core moves around things that are punishable especially because you probably are getting away with it online due to lag.

mix up your throws more, you go for B a high percentage of the time. but eh i guess thats just the psychology of throw breaking as well, it could work out for you.

stop pressing buttons at disadvantage, when you get hit its not a good time to attack, you are almost always at disadvantage and will get CH badly if an opponent see's you are willing to press buttons at disadvantage.

confirm your combos better and practice them until the are second nature.

look forward to playing again sometime, shoot me questions while we're playing if you have any

look forward to playing again sometime, shoot me questions while we're playing if you have any
Me too, great lessons and even better advice. Thanks a lot!
Yes, I know I'm mashing too hard. Bad habit, I'm trying to go for sharp execution instead but I get riled up sometimes and --

KAB! I was going to post sooner but I have been really busy. I don't know if this was already posted, but here goes.

As for ducking a move and punishing or punishing any -15 move I'd go with 6a+b4 PO a:6 all the way.
If the opponent doesn't ukime you get a FC a+b. FC a+b will catch them if they DO ukime left right for +11 and at the wall you get another combo with a:6. In the open they can get out of the FC a+b with an ukime back but if they start doing that you can 66b[BE] to catch them.

oh i also wanted to say that when we we're discussing duck punishment, while at first glance 4B, FC A+B, 44KKK near a wall is good, remember you have a ridiculous tech trap off of 6A+B4, PO A:6 when near the wall or ring edge.

it was a small blurb posted awhile ago by D.I.N.O. so for those that didnt see.

after a PO A:6 normal hit or a PO B near a wall or ring edge if the tech roll left back or forward you can hit a FC A+B on normal hit that gives +11. free A:6 for wall splat/RO.

this move should never hit normal hit as its a special low, so they would literally need to not hold guard to get normal hit by it, giving it + 11 on normal hit shows me that this was its intended purpose outside of combos.

best part is if they dont tech you still get the grounded FC A+B into 44KKK

already covered galen, but good to post again because this shit is too good to pass up.

i also wanted to note that in open field, off of 6A+B4, PO A:6, if they just hold guard, a 4A+B will launch. it doesnt even look like they get off the ground, but it will launch. they have to actively tech or get up guarding low to block it. if they tech to the side BT PO K is a good option.

we need to play soon!! also for anyone else that wants to get games in, my PSN is kilikAbeast

Nice to see people opening up and offering up games. I don't really care much for mirror matches, but it's still important practice. If anyone wants to play my Natsu, Xiba, Leixia, or Cervantes, hit me up. They're listed in order of how good I am.

Back