Natsu Questions And Answers / General Discussion

Is the -4 on hit for 11A going to affect how i should follow up?
I have -5 on hit for that one. Do you have some testing data or was that just a typo?

I tend to spam 66B, 4A, HOV mixups, 66K, AA, AAB, A+B, and 4A+B. Are there other important moves that I should add to my arsenal to improve my game?
A:6's! A:6's everywhere. :D

66k isn't really an attack to spam (and I overuse it) but the combination of TC, TJ and great range does make it a solid move that often catches people with a tasty counter-hit -- either via dodging through a whiff or catching step (it's great against Mitsu's 3b, actually, but that's a punish situation). The -16 on block does make it risky, though (and -4 on hit isn't fantastic for Natsu's pressure game, either -- though you can probably reset nicely with a 2Ba or 4A+BA in most situations).
Also use it after blocking Mitsu's BB, because every single one of them follows up with 4B (The scrubby ones anyway). (Though in that case it's probably better to dash in with 66B).

Sorry, my mistake. I must have looked at 66K by accident. I use 66K against mitsurugi mainly because of 4B. Because of the huge stepback, I whiff alot so I either start sidestepping or use 66K. I can usually hit the 66K after i see a stepback. I don't know if there is a tech crouch on 66K but it does reach 4B. I dont like to use 66B because it does not hit mitsu after 4B unless i anticipate it. (I have horrible reaction time and is terrible at guessing haha so this is usually not the case)

I cant seem to do 44K quick enough for my combo.
That's because 44K doesn't combo off of much anymore. After almost every move where it used to be guaranteed, the opponent can now ukemi in one direction or another (varies based on character) to avoid it.

@unseenwombat-It works for me every time if I time it correctly. After CH wsK 6A+B PO A:6 3KKK the 44KK should connect because the opponent is still stunned. I've even tested it against a CPU that ukemi. Btw i just saw what you wrote before haha sorry. I try not to spam A:6 because its unsafe but if i'm near a wall, i spam it like theres no tomorrow

Sorry, I checked yesterday and if they ukemi right then it misses. Every other direction though, 44K lands. I guess it still is situational.

Also use it after blocking Mitsu's BB, because every single one of them follows up with 4B (The scrubby ones anyway). (Though in that case it's probably better to dash in with 66B).
I think there's actually enough time in a whiff of 4B for 4B+K6B+KK to be guaranteed -- so when I catch a 4B early enough that's usually what I do.

random find from CEO this weekend......

KK2K is NC.

its weird because KKK looks visibly faster but is only NCC. the other weird thing is if you test it in practice mode, it only registers as 2 hits, but you clearly cannot block it. it gets us 10 more damage on a ranged punish and leaves us at 0 in FC so WS K is hard to interrupt.

random find from CEO this weekend......

KK2K is NC.

its weird because KKK looks visibly faster but is only NCC. the other weird thing is if you test it in practice mode, it only registers as 2 hits, but you clearly cannot block it. it gets us 10 more damage on a ranged punish and leaves us at 0 in FC so WS K is hard to interrupt.

Lol, wow that's crazy

I haven't presented these until now but an option to use if your opponent tries to 2A or 1K after you 11A on hit is 8K. It will jump all lows and Special mids after 11A and will whiff punish all 1K's and grabs. Since the A can be added on Reaction depending one which attack your opponent decides to do you can get some impressive damage.

Another option is 44B. I've been trying to find ways to use this move on this game and here's one of the ways I came up with it, after 11A. It's not recommended on Long ranged characters like NM and Seig but it gives you the option of getting wall damaging combos and safe knock down.

adding to 11A tech. on CH 66K is a pretty easy tech trap in all directions. sometimes you only get one hit of the two, but damage is damage.

once they start staying down, 4A+B is guaranteed and leaves you right on top of them for whatever. tried other grounded hitting moves but they were all inconsistent. 1A, 44K, 6K would all hit in some instances, but not often enough that i would use them over 4A+B.

I Thought everyone knew KK2K was NC.

Also how could people not be using 44B!!!! Mitsu has 4B, X has 44B, Natsu has 44B.
ie. AA, 44B. or 6KA 44B.

As well as for 8KA. I use this NUFFFFFFF. Dont use 9K it has a habit of going over the opponent. 8K can even dodge MIDS, like Alphas 1BB. Her 8K is akin to Rocks old B+K, where it doesnt just tech jump, it totally tech-evades.

Also I dont see enough WS AAA from people. Its an old stable for CH-fishing (when you dont want to rely on WS K) and leads to pretty good Oki. Moves just can't be delayed like before.

why would we know when

nobody has posted it
it doesnt say its NC in the guide
it doesnt register as an NC in training mode
KKK/2K isnt a highly used move
no mixup on block between the last K and 2K so why would you continue on NH without knowing the low was NC.

it took a random natsu who was mashing it out against me to see that it was NC. i was like why cant i block this last low hit!?!?!?!??! rage.

WS A by itself also falls into the sweet category of slight negative moves (its only -4) that set up 66B so well.

same with 8K. only -4 on block. sets up AA/A:6/66B really well.

I'm pretty sure it was NC back in the day, did less dmg but setup her WS game. I jus assumed all was the same.

i dont really get moves like -4 on block? is that like a term?
and also i can never seem to do 88B BE or 88B 66B? is there a specific way?

Back