Natsu Questions And Answers / General Discussion

So apparently our BITCH is top tier... But we will see how long that last...LOL
Don't get me wrong I love Taki/Natsu, its just that i dont want her to recieve unwanted attention by Namco.
Dont want her to get nerfed like Viola,Maxi, and Sieg did.

Should we SUCK with her on purpose to avoid this travesty? xD

Is there some trick to doing PORC in this? I can't seem to get it. I always get a 2 during PO for the fake hover.

Edit: lol, nm. She can just keep dashing from PO.

So happy to see some of my fellow Taki peeps in here.

Gonna get the game tonight and hopefully find some stuff about Natsu PO and other things

Woo

You can cancel the PO Rush by pressing 4 immediately after 66.
Natsu will backdash, but you can cancel that backdash by pretty much anything you want instead of only 1_4_7 moves with IV's Taki.
The entire move list works. Edit: you can PO rush as much as you want, you just have to press 4 immediately after the last dash for it to work.

For now my favorites are :
- PO66~4~BE:A+G to mix it up with PO 466B+G
- PO66~4~3K,K~Windroll / Distorted Breeze / Nothing (if blocked) for a quick mid.
And the bombs canceled or not.

working on the frame data... some notes in the meantime:

- haven't heard this mentioned anywhere, but the second hit of 66B BE is a high (opponents can duck immediately after blocking 66B)
- CE can ring out if opponent is next to the ring edge and not grounded
- 6A+B has TC frames
- 6B looks to be about +6~7 frames... please abuse it.
- 1B now force crouches the opponent on hit... interesting.

I wish I wasn't at work. I can't wait to play this tonight. Natsu's looking even more like an overpowered Taki. I approve of this.

I gotta say, Natsu is pretty bad-ass. Even a casual scrub like myself can get an easy 130 damage off an opponent with her CE (CE + air throw does about 115, you can easily combo it from 2A+B or 4A+B to get the 130). I don't see any weaknesses in this girl. Mid/low/throw mixups, attacks that not only close the distance but allow her to retreat, ring-out potential...oh, and let's throw in some teleporting for good measure. Everything you need to seriously mind-fuck your opponent.

Wut up Taxi! Its that time again :)

Hover B, (CH) Ws K, 6A+B, PO A:6, 3k,k,k, FC 1A+B, CE/44K,K/1A, 2A+B ( tech trap)
CE does like 135 dmg from anywhere outside of the corner

I keep whiffing on the 6A+B :( Using Xiba as my training dummy...

so my first impressions of natsu are... WOW this is NOT taki! natsu has none of taki's original staple moves. I had no previous ideas of what natsu would be like except it was the new taki. so soon as i get the game, i go straight to training and try to do the bread and butter combos, 1BA PO, AB PO. Nothing! not even an A, B! but she definitely seems fun and her moves seem a lot more "stream lined" and easier to pull off. the mix up game definitely has potential. loving the new vanishing stuff.

I gotta say, Natsu is pretty bad-ass. Even a casual scrub like myself can get an easy 130 damage off an opponent with her CE (CE + air throw does about 115, you can easily combo it from 2A+B or 4A+B to get the 130). I don't see any weaknesses in this girl. Mid/low/throw mixups, attacks that not only close the distance but allow her to retreat, ring-out potential...oh, and let's throw in some teleporting for good measure. Everything you need to seriously mind-fuck your opponent.

oops I put that combo in the combo thread but didn't realize you had posted it first here. But yea, it's so easy to pull off 130+ dmg with her that it doesn't make sense. She's going to be disgusting =)

ugh im beginning to feel frustrated. i keep on getting hit even though i block and i keep losing to people who keep pressing random stuff. then when i side step i get hit with a tracking move. whats the best to deal with this?

Messing around in training mode:
  • AA seems to be +1 on hit at best
  • BB is +1 on hit
  • 3KK is +1 on hit
This means against characters with fast As, you're only going to interrupt mashing with AA. This leads to a problem!
Natsu can punish her own AA, BB and 3KK with A:6. Gross!
Attempting to do AA6 to duck under highs doesn't work either; a retaliation AA (or A:6) seems to be guaranteed here. On the plus side, AAB seems to be safe midscreen? With the opponent's back against the wall it can be punished with KK.
Opponents trying to AA after blocking 3KK can be countered by B+K, BBB for big damage at least?
Assuming Natsu's A is 10f and K is 12f, 6A+B, PO A has a 10f gap for opponents to interrupt. If not canceled into PO, Natsu can punish with her own BB. When at -1 (after getting hit by AA), 6A+B will tech crouch and counterhit an incoming AA for a big combo.
PO A:6 can be punished by 3KK
66B is safe midscreen, launch punishable if back is against the wall
4A+B is incredibly unsafe if just guarded (not difficult)
PO B blocked sets up uninterruptible 6A+B

^^ Are you Dr. Doom Buktooth Loop Buktooth?! Greetings...

BK PO B+K seems to be gauranteed. When they tech they get hit by PO B+K still. Combo?

I'm really loving Natsu. After playing her last night, I realize she has so many more options for mind games than Taki did. Finally a reason again for people to duck when she goes into PO, actual MOVES out of side wind roll, multiple POR's. Kinda wish she had more moves from stalker, but it's okay, she's still great. I just hope she doesn't attract tier whores, but she's looking seriously OP.

I'm not sure what to do with the stance transition from AA6. She teleports, but IDK what she can do from that. It seems to put her at more - frames on block and hit. So what's the purpose?

With 6A+B you have to mash that shit right after you land the counterhit rising K, or else it'll be too late and you'll whiff.

Easy to do with more practice

Messing around in training mode:
  • AA seems to be +1 on hit at best
  • BB is +1 on hit
  • 3KK is +1 on hit
This means against characters with fast As, you're only going to interrupt mashing with AA. This leads to a problem!

Natsu can punish her own AA, BB and 3KK with A:6. Gross!
Attempting to do AA6 to duck under highs doesn't work either; a retaliation AA (or A:6) seems to be guaranteed here. On the plus side, AAB seems to be safe midscreen? With the opponent's back against the wall it can be punished with KK.
Opponents trying to AA after blocking 3KK can be countered by B+K, BBB for big damage at least?
Assuming Natsu's A is 10f and K is 12f, 6A+B, PO A has a 10f gap for opponents to interrupt. If not canceled into PO, Natsu can punish with her own BB. When at -1 (after getting hit by AA), 6A+B will tech crouch and counterhit an incoming AA for a big combo.
PO A:6 can be punished by 3KK
66B is safe midscreen, launch punishable if back is against the wall
4A+B is incredibly unsafe if just guarded (not difficult)
PO B blocked sets up uninterruptible 6A+B

Good shit Buk, and welcome to the forums! Glad to see you getting into the character. The information you posted seems interesting. I guess we'll have to take this into consideration when using some of her moves. Hope to see you more on the forums!

BK4 PO, PO B+K is guaranteed IIRC.

-ASZ

Unfortunately the PO B+K is only guaranteed if they do not tech. They have enough time to tech and block the PO B+K

However! If they are tech happy, you can always go B K 4 into PO while they get right back up to block a guard crushing PO B and eat mix-up. OR any other PO follow-up

Not too shabby if you ask me

Back