Natsu Questions And Answers / General Discussion

What are Natsu's best options on oki against the opponent?
her main problem is hitting people that stay grounded or side roll. she doesnt have a ton of options that hurt enough to make people want to stand up into mixups.

for me 6K is the move to use, it tracks rolls pretty well and is nice damge at 20. also has the threat of the A followup which can lead to High mid mixups. 1B is also decent but is lower damage, has less forward range and doesnt track side roll as well, but its another options and leads to good FC mixup.

Not sure if this is posted, but 2A+B is guaranteed when opponents try to force block after (66A),B. 2A+B catches them also when they try to tech roll or stand up to block. Opponents who tend to stay on the ground will also eat 2A+B. Not to mention you can mixup with 2A+B 6. Apparently, this mixup doesn't work when 66A hits. 66A,B tends to push them away so they can escape via backrolling. If you're using this when the opponent has his back on the wall then this is a very good force-block mixups.

her main problem is hitting people that stay grounded or side roll. she doesnt have a ton of options that hurt enough to make people want to stand up into mixups.

for me 6K is the move to use, it tracks rolls pretty well and is nice damge at 20. also has the threat of the A followup which can lead to High mid mixups. 1B is also decent but is lower damage, has less forward range and doesnt track side roll as well, but its another options and leads to good FC mixup.

Thanks for that

Not sure if this is posted, but 2A+B is guaranteed when opponents try to force block after (66A),B. 2A+B catches them also when they try to tech roll or stand up to block. Opponents who tend to stay on the ground will also eat 2A+B. Not to mention you can mixup with 2A+B 6. Apparently, this mixup doesn't work when 66A hits. 66A,B tends to push them away so they can escape via backrolling. If you're using this when the opponent has his back on the wall then this is a very good force-block mixups.

nah, they have enough time to do a jump move to beat it out. there arent many situations where a jump move wont work sadly. but this opens up other options..... 41236Bg A:6 1A so godlike.

Yesterday i went to my first tourney (got my ass kikced...) i had trouble landing po A:6 where home i do it almost every time... a guy there told it was because of my tv (led 40 inches) has lag so my input is incorrect is this true? what can i do about it?

Also which is the best way to practice escaping throws? i didnt break even one although many times i excpect them is not on my system to break as a reaction...

Is it just me or does A:6 not wall splat sometimes? Usually happens after CH 22_88A. Ive even done it right in the corner before and it still doesn't wall splat. Sucks that you could miss out on a guaranteed kill because the game randomly screws you over.

Well, it could be worse, we could be using Seigfried. ;)

The lag on your TV could be causing you to mess up PO A:6 if you're using visual cues to try to time it. I don't even bother to try to see the A land to time the 6, I just try to do it the same every time. I still screw it up a lot, but it's not because of the TV.

I'm finally getting started on testing the JG frames for her wiki. I got a couple moves, but it's slow going. If anyone would like to test a few and let me know your findings, I wouldn't decline the help. Especially on the multi-hit moves. Those are gonna be a pain to test.

i think i read somewhere that JG frames can be variable depending on how fast the G release is. its gonna make it hard to test exact JG punishment frames, at least we know we can almost always land A:6.

lately ive found that i use 66B BE less and less. only for guaranteed block punishment or when i'm sure i'll get the whiff punish. sometimes on a gamble for a RO setup. being consistent with A:6 makes it pretty much obsolete in juggles.

i spend most of my meter on A+G BE, PO BE depending on my opponent (some people just dont fall for it) CE after bomb, and GI for RO and wallsplat setups.

Greaaaaat. Well, I'll have to test if that's true too. I know PO B is -19 when the training dummy JG's it. But I think she JG's flawlessly every time.

i think i read somewhere that JG frames can be variable depending on how fast the G release is. its gonna make it hard to test exact JG punishment frames, at least we know we can almost always land A:6.
The faster you press and release G, the longer the JG window is. The frames of moves that are successfully JGed stay the same, though.

Hoisa, Hoyza, Hooizza,

I need some assistance as I cannot for the life of me find the Natsu move (some kind of poke) where she makes that Hoiza sound. If I play the computer in hard mode she does it all the time but for the life of me I cannot find the move in the list. It must exist and it's pretty effective. Anyone care to enlighten me?

I read in the punishment guide that you can punich siegfried's 3b with AA or A:6 does that mean it will punish and his stance follow ups?

Back