Natsu Questions And Answers / General Discussion

I never really use Distorted Breeze too much outside of Windroll 6 A+B BBB. Other then that I may use Distorted Breeze for Grab and DB_A Other then that I generally use it as a trolling move online. Just doing dumb stuff like constant B+K 2_8 B+K then PO A+B+K. It brings me small amounts of entertainment at times, mostly because I have both a Vamp and Albert Wesker CAW so it fits the theme well enough.

So I have some questions about Natsu's 88_22B, 66B BE and it's follow ups after that...

I've seen some Natsus online who end the combo with 44KK instead of a 4A+B or 1A. I'm guessing this is to try and get your opponent to tech next time around? I've tried it in training mode and it offers decent dmg but it seems like it can be teched out of as well, although it only seems they can tech out of it in one direction... Or maybe I'm just buffering to slow, who knows. Anyways I would like to know if any of you guys use this and if it works for you.

Edit:I just found out 44K can be teched left and right.

Last edited:
I don't because it's generally not worth it. Like you said, you can tech out of it, whereas 1A is guaranteed and 4A+B gives you the potential for more damage. If you're next to a wall though, then it is worth the risk.

I don't because it's generally not worth it. Like you said, you can tech out of it, whereas 1A is guaranteed and 4A+B gives you the potential for more damage. If you're next to a wall though, then it is worth the risk.
Makes sense thanks for the answer :)

Normally 44KK is used when the opponent is against the wall.
Outside of that the combo enders are: 1A, 4A+B6, and UB bomb.
BUT, if u condition the player to stay down, u can use 44KK as an ender and possibly reset the damage with a delay 44KK.
If u want mixups from 44KK,then simply just do 44K with a GREAT wake up opportunity for you.
-HAWKEYE-

Does anyone know offhand exactly what causes 3B A:6 to turn into a ring out cannon instead of a knockdown?

If you want to send them flying, just time the A:6 to hit them earlier than you would to get the ground splat. As for why that happens, its a mystery to me. I think it has something to do with the last two hits not connecting fully with their body.

It is character dependent as far as i can tell.
Some characters are launched higher or something.

On Mitsu and Ivy for example 3B~ K (which doesn't work vs Natsu herself and others) works as a combo.
On characters like that 3B~ A:6 can result in A:6 not connecting fully for improved RO instead of ground splat.
Because they are too high in the air for A:6 to connect fully.

Range at which you hit the opponent with 3B could also be a factor.

It is character dependent as far as i can tell.
Some characters are launched higher or something.

On Mitsu and Ivy for example 3B~ K (which doesn't work vs Natsu herself and others) works as a combo.
On characters like that 3B~ A:6 can result in A:6 not connecting fully for improved RO instead of ground splat.
Because they are too high in the air for A:6 to connect fully.

Range at which you hit the opponent with 3B could also be a factor.
Speaking of Ivy... I did do this by accident to her on a post-GI. It was a pleasant surprise, but it would probably be best to know what characters this can be abused on for the RO, and go for other options for when I just want to go for damage.

Ivy and so on can be ground splattered with a delayed A:6 which should connect "correctly".
Natsu and so on probably can't be "Super ROed".
Different ranges could change that though.

Also at tip range (where A would whiff) i think 6K is combo.
3B~ 6K.

Speaking of 3B~A:6,
sometimes the ground splat is in medium range from Natsu, and sometimes, very rarely in my case,
the opponent lands directly at her feet.
what is the cause of that? timing? character-specific?
I would rather the ground splat to be at her feet for combos, but 90% of the time I get that mid-distance splat.

For the mid-range splat, what is the best way to keep offense? any guaranteed moves?
I often do 4A+B6 and it just enough range to hit most of the time, but not always, so I think it can be teched backwards? from what I tried no other attack can reach the grounded.
what would be the best options after the splat?

I believe a single 2K is the only guaranteed damage after 3B A:6 hard slams them away from you.

Early in the games life I noticed the different distances of the a:6 ground splat. There was even a distance where 1a was truly guaranteed and couldn't be teched backwards. I tried everything to re create this consistently trying to do the a:6 as early as possible, as late as possible and at extreme close range. I could never quite pin down the method to get it at any good rate of consistency so I pretty much gave up on it.

As was mentioned above 2k is your only guaranteed damage, which is still decent at 61 I believe. I usually go for 1a to force them to tech backwards and then try to hit them with a 66k or 66b tech trap.

I see.

I also tried different things.
I cannot say for sure, but my impression is that I get the ground splat at natsu's feet, when the launch was not while facing the enemy directly. So when i launch them from a side or behind, it's often a 'close' splat, but
from the front unfortunately I almost always get only the 'medium' splat..
I'll try 2K and 1A then

Oh yeah if you get a back turned 3b launch they will always be right at your feet for a guaranteed 1a. This happens 100% off of a ch FC a+b into 3b, but other than that its kind of random, you need to hit your opponent out of a move when they are bt.

got it
thx

EDIT
are there any particular drawbacks to go with 4A+B6 instead of 1A or 2K?
always thought that opponent on the ground and Natsu in PO is a perfect situation.

Last edited:
There was a post here asking about a strange aa6 occurrence earlier that I wanted to address.

I did some training mode tonight and was able to re create this bug. It is completely useless but if you press aa6and then mash b after the 6 you can get it pretty consistently. A little swirl of wind appears at natsus feet and then she continues with the b portion. Good find, though useless. It's observations like these that lead to new tech, to bad this one didnt pan out.

There was a post here asking about a strange aa6 occurrence earlier that I wanted to address.
Ahh yes, I had deleted the post because I had found it mentioned in another thread. Would you really call this a bug? And does it offer a slight delay? I've tried it in training mode as well but I really couldn't spot any kind of delay at all.

Back