Natsu's Hardest Moves discussion

1,3,7, and 9 are easy, they're just a double button press. 2+6=3, 8+4=7, etc.

The only hard thing is half circles. And forget about doing a full 360. Thankfully, SC doesn't require that kind of stuff, mostly. At least the way I play it.
For me, on the pad, 1379 are the hardest inputs because I need to press them at the same time with one thumb, and any manner of sliding input is no problem, oddly enough. Probably because of Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter.
My other problem is that somehow I fail to use the leftside triggers consistently. Seems to be an issue in my motorical sense to move my thumb and index finger on my left hand separately... O_O

I agree my issues with iFC A+B are likely timing issues. The same for 3KKK 44KK (although there I'm starting to get it), where you really do need to let Natsu finish the 3KKK before inputting 44KK; you have plenty of time to rest, but the input window is still pretty small.

Re stick vs controller, I decided I wanted to learn stick and learned it effectively first; I've only more recently picked up some controller skills transferring from PSP SCBD (where I continued to be quirky and just bound L1 to A and R1 to B, so I wouldn't have to retrain my brain to think in terms of bound chords). So from that perspective, I think I find the dpad easier than the actual stick both for hitting diagonals and double-tapping directions (yes, you don't have to push the microswitch all the way on a stick, but correctly hitting without over-pulling isn't that easy; also I've noticed myself being sloppy about diags -- might want to try switching back to an octo restrictor and see if that helps (which it -shouldn't- -- IIRC the point of a square restirctor is that it should make it easier to confirm diags), but it's annoying). On the other hand, I find the buttons on a stick setup much easier to work with than the tiny controller buttons even with the extra triggers; I'd far rather work with four buttons and chord/slide rather than work with mapped chords, and having the space to hit buttons is nice. And of course half-circle (or just cheesing out a CE with a 450) is easier on a stick, though working Amy on a PSP is a good way to get good at half circles so I don't really have a problem with them on a dpad.

Full 360 on a Hitbox has a big learning curve, but with enough practice it is second nature. Once you get it, you rarely screw up the execution. If you have SF4, just practice some Zangief ultras (they are 720s).

I prefer a stick for just about any fighting game these days. I hear keyboard to Hitbox isn't too bad at all. Plus if you play offline, the mass amounts of button presses screws up those opponents who try to metagame and listen/watch your inputs.

In regards to QCF on a hit box it's pretty easy. Hit boxes are hella cheap though, cause you can actually buffer things that are IMPOSSIBLE to buffer. Like you can hold back while doing a QCF and get QCF moves to come out. It's pretty dirty!

Maybe on a custom hitbox, but on the official one from the website, qcf while holding 4 would register as 41235 because pressing opposite directions gives you 5.

There's a cheating faggot here by me who uses a custom hitbox on SF that allows him to hold 4 and 6 specifcally so he can block crossups without thinking.

Yeah, that's another shitty ass thing about them. Well, when hitboxes first came out they didn't do anything to the board to revamp it. I should have mentioned the 4+6 to block crossups cause that's shitty too! LOLOL!

I thought about turning one of my sticks into a hitbox, but then I said fawk it Ima keep it gangsta with the stick... Also what's really fucking sad is that "gangsta" is an actual word according to firefox. :(

I practised it a bit and just hitting 466B+G quickly when in PO works fine for me.
Just had to get used to the 466B+G motion and the PO Transitions.
It's quite useless after 4A though because that transition is so slow.

Now i wonder: If you input 664A+G while in PO will that throw come out as fast as 466B+G?
Would be nice for Mix-up.

PO cancels to grabs is one of my huge mixups. They always sidestep when I go PO (only PO A tracks, but high and crap range), but due to PO grabs you can mixup this so you scare your opponent into not sidestepping.

FleshMasher

Yes it comes out faster - and consistent too. I've been using the input for PO cancel to grabs too (especially BE grab).

One thing for sure is that you can't press 4A+G in the same frames 'cause it will come out as as a guard or 4A, in PO664A+G.

Yes it comes out faster - and consistent too. I've been using the input for PO cancel to grabs too (especially BE grab).

Which one comes out faster, PORC A+G or PO466B+G?

BTW i think you can do an instant 466B+G, without a rush, if you hit 466B+G really fast.
I wonder what the frames for that version are.
It's bad after 6A+B because pushback makes it whiff.
but it could be good after 4A.
Although if it is i17 like the guide says, it would still be a bit slow.

Regarding iFC2A+B inputs. If you've been inputting it with 2 all this time you've never played Taki before.

Treat it as iFC1A+B_3A+B and you'll get it all the time. 2g1A+B. Slide input.

Dino: Having had a bunch more practice with this, it's not hard to just toggle between g and A+B (or k, for iFC WR K) on stick. Mind, Caltrops has become a lot less useful post-patch and I'm not entirely sure where you're better off using it rather than WR K (particularly since it doesn't mix with WR K). Wakeup to fish for a counter stun? prep for a:6?

At this point, my primary execution problems are missing well over half my PO a:6es (in combo -- where it's possible to hit the JF and still miss the combo if you do it too late) and accidentally going into hover when I'm trying to do a PO rush on wakeup (because I did 2147 instead of 214).

i'm seriously considering using FC A+B in place of WS K in the viola matchup. the WS K combo is too inconsistent against her. i'd need to do some test to see if the same issues come up with FC A+B combos, but if it works out i'd be happy.

Fair enough. My testing implies that FC A+B is usually less reliable than WS K -- even on characters where you can predict what direction they can fall, you'll still get glitches like going into PO backturned in some situations (and wow, the options from PO BT are -dire-. You have "wait to come out of PO", "K" and "do something dumb". Ok, in theory "BE in time to get out of an opponent's attack" is an option, but...)-- but it's possible that it's overall more reliable against Viola than WS K is.

For anyone still having problem with PO A:6 or A:6 i got a tip, not sure it will work for you though. but it sure works for me as i almost never drop PO A:6 i would say i hit it around 90-95%. For PO A:6 i use the following method, after hitting 6A+B4 i tap 44 A 6 in rapid succesion. I don't hit regular A:6 as frequently though i would say im between 60-70% but i just started to get a hang of the timing a few days ago using this method, i tap A really fast then directly after input 4123 strangly enough you don't need to input 6 if you do the input like that, if you get regular A6 you're doing it to fast, if you just get A you're doing it to slow the timing is somewhere in between. The reason i use this method is because i want to get it down in the muscle memory rather than going for visual cues or sound for the timing since i mostly play online. I use a regular xbox controller btw.

I'm too having a hard time with possession rush grabbing, and the A:6 from pos.

For the grab, what I seem to be doing wrong is i'll do the dash forward, then just do a B instead of the B+G fairly consistantly.

Regarding A:6 I seem to get it 30% of the time, which is not often enough for my taste to go for the counter-hit combo, but it seems like I almost have it. Probably just a few more days of off and on training for it.

Back