Natsu's Hardest Moves discussion

The best Way to Practice A:6.

Do a Bomb. Then go For A:6 ground splat. Much for fun and interesting then doing Bomb~Throw.

Once you can A:6 after a Bomb you can A:6 whenever you need (Post Bomb, 22B, BT A+B, CH 3B,, etc).

Speaking of Hard moves, if you want to be boss, practice JG Natsu's 2A+B on wakeup.

I have a good few recorded matches doing that ^_^

But on Elysium / Raphael : /

If one of my Elysium videos has a nice Natsu game, would it be OK to post it in the Natsu video thread? Or does that open up a can of worms where every Elysium vid can be spammed on the forums?

Actually, I'm currently finding that Natsu's hardest moves (harder than bomb CE PORC A+B CE; that's just a sequence, really) are her tight time JFs -- mostly 22/88A~a:6 and 3b~A:6. The fact that you have to wait just long enough before hitting A and then still get the timing right for the JF really messes with me (not to mention that there are actually two 3b~A:6 useful things to do -- the floor splat and the long fly, depending on exactly where you hit the A:6.

combo JFs

The problem about those things for me is more the situationality (is that even a word? lol)

22_88A gives you plenty of time it's +13 but it's combos are range dependent:
  • 22_88A~ A:6, 22_88A~ AAB and even 22_88A~ KKK can whiff if 22_88A hits at far/tip range.
3B combos are range and character dependent:
  • At tip range 3B only combos into 6K. (Which is blockable otherwise)
  • Against huge characters like Asta or Ivy 3B~ A:6 seems to have a different timing. (Later than usual, too early can even result in only the first A hitting if i remember correctly)
  • Against huge characters like Asta 3B~ KK and i think some other things are also combo.
FC 2A+B is harder timing with +12 and combo is angle dependent:
  • If you whiff punish certain attacks like a crouched Maxi 66K, FC 2A+B~ A:6 even works in the middle of the stage.

I'll buy that 22A is +13, but there's still a several frame gap before input is unbuffered -- and you really need unbuffered input to execute the A:6 JF. I can do it, but I'm very unreliable with it ATM.

The 3B info is really useful -- particularly in the alternatives to A:6.

Which leads me into FC 2A+B -- I can only rarely get this off even in the lab, but the A:6 follow is situational anyway, at least (even though you-can- use it in some weird situations not on the wall/ledge, Natsu usually counter hits, and then can use 6A+B)--plus there's 1A for a braindead easy follow. So I don't miss the lack the way I do with 22A (and to a lesser degree, 3B).

I think CH 22_88A~ AAB does more damage than CH 22_88A~ A:6 anyway, no knockdown/RO/W! though :(

Other 3B~ combos i like to do:
3B~ 1B and especially
3B~ AA6 and after that i think 4A+B is uninterruptable. So you can mix up.
Those are for when i feel really uncomfortable with A:6 because of mood or matchup.
And they do 40 damage, as much as 3B~ partial hit A:6.

Back