Natsu's Hardest Moves discussion

Regarding 41236B:
It seems to me that it can't be buffered very well.
Everytime i try it after Wind Roll BBB, i just get 6B unless i wait until Natsu has fully recovered.
Maybe that was my problem with this move.

One thing I like to do to train is to repeat a move 5 times in a row each facing, left and right in training mode. After I can do it 5 times in a row then I do some solo battles versus AI, after that I will try it online, by this time hopefully I am confident of my ability to do it.

I'll try doing that move tonight though.

I just love 66B466466B+G

Can't imagine doing this outside my stick! Maybe on the D-pad? If you can do it on the analogue, you have my respect.

Zanaken: You could just do PO 466B+G instead of doing the PORC right there. Just remember to hold the 4 a bit longer than usual when you do the PO shift so it'll register the 4 input, then do 66B+G for the PO throw.

I like to 66B4 66 A+B+K K, it's just that - that move is the hardest input move I could think for the purposes of the thread.

Please note that im not really familliar with frames, Now and again i can do her double CE but most of the time they block or dont go back up in the air on the 2nd CE. I need some tips please.

If you mean this combo:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/natsu-1-02-combo-discussion.8868/page-6#post-490388

My advice would be don't do it unless you have perfected it.
Even though HRD is wrong (sorry HRD) and it cannot be teched out of if done right.
It's just way too hard to be practical.
Plus when the UB Bomb (It only works with :2::A+B: as far as i know) hits while the opponent is too close to you, the first, early CE required for the combo to work can miss completely. So you waste meter and quaranteed damage.

I say go for Bomb~ :CE:.:4:~ POR~ PO Air Throw
Or Bomb~ :CE:.:4:~ PORC~ :A+B:~ :CE: (no relaunch) although here the opponent could (maybe, not sure on that one) tech to avoid the last hit of the second CE.

Unless of course you can do the Double CE Air Throw Combo reliably
(i hit it maybe once in 20-30 tries in practice mode)
and are able to confirm at which range you hit with the UB Bomb.
Even though it could still be character and off axis dependent.

If you mean this combo:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/natsu-1-02-combo-discussion.8868/page-6#post-490388

My advice would be don't do it unless you have perfected it.
Even though HRD is wrong (sorry HRD) and it cannot be teched out of if done right.
It's just way too hard to be practical.
Plus when the UB Bomb (It only works with :2::A+B: as far as i know) hits while the opponent is too close to you, the first, early CE required for the combo to work can miss completely. So you waste meter and quaranteed damage.

I say go for Bomb~ CE~ PO Air Throw
Or Bomb~ CE~ PORC~ A+B~ CE (no relaunch) although here the opponent could (maybe, not sure on that one) tech to avoid the last hit of the second CE.

Unless of course you can do the Double CE Air Throw Combo reliably
(i hit it maybe once in 20-30 tries in practice mode)
and are able to confirm at which range you hit with the UB Bomb.
Even though it could still be character and off axis dependent.
I know about the bomb and it has to be furthest range possible, what do you mean by PORC and PO?

About actual tips on doing it:
Only works after :2::A+B: because it launches the highest. At least i haven't seen anyone doing it off other bombs.
Do :2::A+B: at mid-far range to avoid first, early CE whiff
Do the first CE as early as possible without the first blast of it whiffing. To juggle the opponent high enough.
You can and must do POssession Rush Cancel very early after the first CE into PO
After the PORC you have to do the second CE as fast as possible too i think.
Air throw should be easy if the second CE hits the opponent in time (while still in the air) and relaunches.

here the actual inputs:
:2::A+B:~ :2::3::6::2::3::6::A+B+K:.:4:~ :6::6::4:~ :2::3::6::2::3::6::A+B+K:.:4:~ :6::6:~ :8::B+G:

Edit:
PO = Possession
POR = Possession Rush (:6::6: while in PO)
PORC = Possession Rush Cancel (:6::6::4: while in PO)

About actual tips on doing it:
Only works after :2::A+B: because it launches the highest. At least i haven't seen anyone doing it off other bombs.
Do :2::A+B: at mid-far range to avoid first, early CE whiff
Do the first CE as early as possible without the first blast of it whiffing. To juggle the opponent high enough.
You can and must do POssession Rush Cancel very early after the first CE into PO
After the PORC you have to do the second CE as fast as possible too i think.
Air throw should be easy if the second CE hits the opponent in time (while still in the air) and relaunches.

here the actual inputs:
:2::A+B:~ :2::3::6::2::3::6::A+B+K:.:4:~ :6::6::4:~ :2::3::6::2::3::6::A+B+K:.:4:~ :6::6:~ :8::B+G:

Edit:
PO = Possession
POR = Possession Rush (:6::6: while in PO)
PORC = Possession Rush Cancel (:6::6::4: while in PO)
Thanks and you can do double CE with :B::B::4::A+B:

I'm pretty much with everyone else in saying that its impractical and not worth the whole 2 bars. Use it for a combo vid or something, but otherwise meter can be spent in better ways

Execution difficulty + minimal gain + limited overall utility doesn't mean impracticality. But it might mean that it's not worth investing the effort it would take to overcome a move's execution difficulty -- that the same effort might be better spent elsewhere.

Execution difficulty + minimal gain + limited overall utility doesn't mean impracticality. But it might mean that it's not worth investing the effort it would take to overcome a move's execution difficulty -- that the same effort might be better spent elsewhere.
It might take much less effort for some than it does for others. Its like iCS. It might not be easy for some but others have no problem.

Straight up I said it wasn't worth the meter. I don't care if you can do it 100%, my reasoning behind saying its impractical is because the damage gained is not worth the meter spent. Stroke your execution ego if you want by doing it, nobody is stopping you.

Back