Natsu's Hardest Moves discussion

What makes it impractical IMO is how easily it can fail because of factors that i can hardly control, if at all.
Like, as mentioned, after :2::A+B: at point blank, the 1st CE can whiff completely.
Wasting much meter and damage that would be quaranteed if you just did late :CE:.:4:~ PORC~ :A+B:~ :CE:

It can also fail because of off axis in tech trap situations.
Example:
Natsu Vs Natsu
PO :B:~ :2::A+B:~ Early :CE:. If the opponent techs to Natsu's right, after PO :B:, last hit of :CE: misses.
Same thing could probably happen outside of tech traps when the opponent just moves while you're charging up your Bomb (during the impact frames).

That doesn't happen when you do normal late :CE:.

Another point are the consequences if it fails.
In your iCS example, if i fail with that input, i still get a normal Throw, ok, with less damage and easier breakable than iCS.

A failed double :CE: Air Throw Combo can result in anything.
Mostly either accidental PO Teleporting (PORC input too early, doesn't get buffered or is overwritten by :CE: input)
or getting the second :CE: blocked. (PORC too late or :CE: input too slow)

It's hard to land a bomb on good opponents, if i achieve that, i don't want to waste that damage opportunity for 20 something extra.

I'd like to second the notion that it's impractical due to cost, especially when you consider everything else you could have done with the meter instead. I would also like to point out that if that extra damage will close out the match, then it would be worth it, so add super-situational to the reasons not to throw out this combo all the time. ;P It's one of those things that are nice to have around when you need it, but 99% of the time, you won't be in a situation where you'd need it (unless you force the situation, i.e. saving meter solely for this combo or not using any meter at all, which I suppose can be possible depending on how you like to play).

Well, to be fair, Natsu's uses for meter are:

66b BE: Only on a guaraunteed combo/punish, as it's reactable and duck-punishable. (I will occasionally just throw it out -- but I -shouldn't-, and am trying to train myself out of the habit)
PO BE: Excellent move, but situational (need to be at nose range -and- dodging a move for optimal effect) and more powerful the less you use it.
A+G BE: Reactable, if her only ring-out throw; this will fail a lot against good players, so the better my opponent is, the less likely I am to use this. And again, because it's reactable, it's much better if you don't use it much.
GI: Excellent, but GIs are dangerous as well as excellent in this game.
CE: Well then.

The above means if you're not launching into a safe 66b BE and not finding/fishing for good times to PO BE or GI, you might end up with a lot of meter saved up.

A+G BE is reactable if the opponent notices you're going for a reverse ring out, but not when you're using as a mix-up with 66B+G.

A+G is 38 damage, while A+G BE is 60 damage that leads to better wake-up. You get close to the damage of her other command throw without the time it takes to buffer.

Definitely worth using and definitely NOT reactable, unless it's an obvious reverse ring out attempt.

Otherwise, I agree with you for the most part about Natsu's meter usage. I'm just a fan of her Brave Edge throw for the mixup

A+G BE is reactable if the opponent notices you're going for a reverse ring out, but not when you're using as a mix-up with 66B+G.

A+G is 38 damage, while A+G BE is 60 damage that leads to better wake-up. You get close to the damage of her other command throw without the time it takes to buffer.

Definitely worth using and definitely NOT reactable, unless it's an obvious reverse ring out attempt.

Otherwise, I agree with you for the most part about Natsu's meter usage. I'm just a fan of her Brave Edge throw for the mixup

Because of A+G BE's RO range, I love using this move when I'm no where near a ring edge because the opponent is almost always breaking B because of the standard throw or Command Throw. The damage is great and it leaves a nice oki situation.

As for Natsu's meter usage, I find that I'm mostly using meter on 66B BE's after launches, CE's after bombs or random A+G BE mix-ups. You need a pretty good read on your opponent to make use of PO BE (and the same goes for GI's obviously, though Natsu has no Auto-GI).

I personally would rather maintain the threat of an another CE instead of blowing it on the flashy Double CE combo.

I think Meter is too useful for Natsu (66B BE for block/whiff/JG Punishment and in combos, A+G BE for Damage and RO, occasional PO BE Teleport and CE after bombs) to spare it for a combo that is HARD AS HELL to do and very situational, even if you would master it:
*clean* :2::A+B:, or CH WS :B:.:4::A+B:/:B:.:B:.:4::A+B: even though the blockable bombs could be more consistent in their launch, which i doubt and i think they don't launch as high as :2::A+B:, making the Combo even harder probably.

Edit:
By *clean* i don't mean clean hit, but the Bomb hitting as required for the combo.

Edit 2:
Moved to Natsu's Hardest moves discussion.

isn't 4A+B A better for the CE than 2A+B?
and yea meter is useful for natsu but what I meant is that using double CE is completely useless and a big waste of meter

It shouldn't take to long to learn in p mode. Do 214 664 over and over again play with the timing of the 4 to see exactly how early and late you can do it.

I think you also have to wait for the cancel to activate before you input the next attack.
Because it seems to me that if you input the next attack too early, the buffered 4 gets overwritten/ignored and a PO attack comes out.

Edit: Don't know if holding 4 helps in this situation though.

I found Natsu to be a good character to play with, so I've been using her a bit offline. But her PO A:6 has been giving me way too many problems. I've seen players pull it off like it's nothing; I can't always do the JF for some reason. How can I do this move consistently?

Back