NEW!!! 5/16/09 Chicago,IL Regionals Results

devildigimon

[09] Warrior
Yo lemme start off by saying, that this was one of the most exceptional greatest times I ever had with the soul calibur community. Lots of great ---> laughs, matches, eats, shit talkin, realness, and overall good company. If you guys missed this event...well that just freakin sucks. CUZ IT WAS FUN AS HELL!!!

Okay enough of that "awe that's so cute crap", here are the results:

SC4 REGIONALS

* 16 players

1: Webster's Nemesis (amy)
2: unique (kilik/hilde)
3: human typhoon (setsuka)
4: ARU (voldo)
5: Bibulus (voldo)
5: JK (hilde)
7: twilight (amy)
7: anduril 16000 (asta...I think)
9: jesster (yoshi/voldo)
9: ishamael (yoshi)
9: robert (not sure)
9: Sporko (voldo...I think)
13: reggie (sophie...I'm sure)
13: Zekman (asta)
13: Crazy Yoshimitsu (Talim/Star Killer)
13: bubba (not sure)

sc4_regionals.gif

SC4 CASH TOURNAMENT $5 entry

* 15 players

1: Webster's Nemesis ($52.50) (amy)
2: Unique ($15.00) (kilik/hilde)
3: ARU ($7.50) (voldo)
4: esom (voldo)
5: Bibulus (voldo)
5: jimmy pika choi (xainghua...YAY I SPELLED HER NAME OUT...lolz)
7: human typhoon (setsuka)
7: mysticbill (lizardman)
9: that jabels guy (tira)
9: anduril 16000 (asta)
9: Sporko (voldo)
9: mateo (mitsurugi)
13: ishamael (yoshi)
13: twilight (amy)
13: Aaron (asta)

sc4_cash.gif

OH AND BY THE WAY, "WEBSTER'S NEMESIS" = THUGISH_POND, WHO = GOT DAMN SCRUB

T5DR CASH $5

* 9 players

1: mateo ($42.00) (Mateo plays a lot of characters)
2: solus ($18.00) (And so does Solus...lol)
3: jimmy pika choi (Ling Xiaoyu)
4: mysticbill (Marduk)
5: syxx (Lili)
5: seth (ling Xiaoyu)
7: Unique (Steve...I think)
7: Bibulus (Paul)
9: devildigimon (Anna/Julia)
9: twilight (Hwoarang...I think)
9: Sporko (not sure)
9: bubba (not sure)

t5dr_cash.gif

SF4 CASH $5

* 6 people

1: j-money ($25.00) (Balrog)
2: Unique ($5.00) (Ken)
3: Kurt (Zangief)
4: Bibulus (Sagat)
5: twilight (not sure)
7: justin (Blanka)

sf4_cash.gif

.......................................................................................................................................................................

LOLZ I just woke up outa my sleep to post this. I hope everyone had a great time. I sure in the hell did. This event ran very well, but there is always room for improvement (as with any event). Very special thanks to my staff members Ken and Kristen!!! You guys helped a great deal, and managed the event very well. I'm very happy that you both decided to come and participate in this event.

I THANK YOU OH SO EVERY MUCH.

To Dark Kakashi, thank you so much bro. You kept the great laughs flowin, and helped a great deal in seeding the cash tournament brackets. And did an awesome job running some of the brackets while i played in my matches. Thank you for your supports man!!!

Thugish_Pond, haha...you were on staff but I think you totally forgot, or somethin. But anyways you helped out and didn't even know it. Cuz you kepts the laughs flowin too. And haviing someone to chill with while running tournaments is helpful. Oh and you helped us get more set ups to for calibur. So yeah, you're da man... NOW GIMME SOME OF YO MONEY...LMFAO!!!

Shout outs to the players coming soon. As of right now I'm kicking it with New Jersey right now...LOLZ

fixed...

(yha post is longer than 10 characters)

.......................................................................................................................................................................

UPDATE:

i just submitted the results to the on line ranking for this site. so hopefully the regional and cash tournament results count. :)

Thanks to the NJ, MN, and WI players for bringing some class to our small regional.. wouldn't have been the same without you guys. Congrats to my Chicago boys for qualifying. Prism wtf happened not doing any damage with sophie. It was heartbreaking to watch. Nice meeting the guys from NJ and ggs in Tekken to Sporko, SU, and Jimmy.

I have no regrets dropping sc4 when I did but if I didn't I woulda kicked all your asses. ;) But the top 4 really deserved it especially the online player totally repping, and I know where you're coming from. Don't underestimate the online players.

Lots of good times at this tournament.

I'm glad I gave SU a nice lil headache at this tournament :P. So far i'm the only one that unlocked that achievement lol.

Bibulus- dont forget, new strat, something whiffs, dont worry about it, just keep attackin!

Sporko and friends-good to meet you guys, hopefully be able to play yous again sometime soon. Don't forget about the eye candy here! :P

And yup, I did forget I was on staff webster lol.

Surprised I saw CY at this tournament too.

Big props to ARU who came in and did some moppin up and got 4th. You gotta come up and play us sometimes besides online!

Grats, TP, SU, and HT. Yeah, ARU looks solid as hell, but why didn't J-Money enter? Was he late or something?

J-money doesn't play this game and he's not that great at it to begin with. Actually I can't think of more than 2 tournaments for this game he has even entered. A lot of people were late anyway and they didn't start until 2pm.

Congrats on placing Something-Unique! Glad your going to Nats.

Human Typhoon I remember playing you online, congrats.

Were any vids recorded?

Hey kids! It was nice to see your shining faces, new and old.

Clearly my lack of play has seriously effected my tournament results.

I'm sorry I didn't get to play you SomethingUnique. The guys I was with wanted to hit the road before I did. Maybe we can get some casuals at Nats :)

GGs to everyone I played besides Bibulus and ARU. Only losers pick Voldo.

Nice going Omar. Good to see that you'll be competing in Nationals. I wish Tim could've made it too, especially since he came so close this time around.

Congrats on placing Something-Unique! Glad your going to Nats.

Were any vids recorded?

i recorded some stuff but i assumed they had the stream going on the other tv so i just stopped plus i wanted to play games also... sorry... anyway i'll put em up when i get a chance, probably tomorrow but they are all early round matches. Offline debut of CY Havik coming soon

i saw at this regionals there was a game played i think on devildigimon's ps2 and i wanted to know what that games as called if anyone can tell me i would like it thanks

Does anyone know what ARU's username is here on the forums?

And who are Reggie and Robert?

Congrats to placers!

Damian- Good job should not have played sc2 before the tourney kind of affected my punish game. Maybe we should have got some pre-tourney matches in.

somethinguniqe- ggs I played better against u in tourney and worst as the night went along. That's ok, still sticking with sets no super easy characters for me, used it enough in sc3.

Bib- good match I played impatient. U won

Web-good smooth tourney.

Syxx- good 2 c u again. Thanx 4 the tv help!.

Well I'm glad I beat all the hilde's in the tourney! sense I didn't get first place.

Esom- gg's good 2 see u again.

GG's to everyone see u guys at nats!

Were any vids recorded?

Yes will post in a bit.

Wish I could've made it to that. But, either way, congrats to all who placed, and keep your heads up to all those hopefuls.

Back